Sign in to follow this  
WD40

Sheff U v Palace

Over to you, Wilder.

Palace another of last years PL teams predicted to struggle this season. Let’s see what result they get in their first home PL game.

Im going score draw, 1-1.

Sheffield U working hard but I’m not sure if they’ve got the quality to get through the season, to me they  look like a championship team playing in the prem

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

We're going to smash both of these.

Crystal Palace in particular look terrible so far.

Absolutely. Palace have been weakened offensively and defensively over the summer. Look hopeless up front.

17 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Sheffield U working hard but I’m not sure if they’ve got the quality to get through the season, to me they  look like a championship team playing in the prem

I agree, I think Sheff had no problem picking up points against frankly rubbish bottom half Champo teams but raising their level against prem teams every week will be too much. 

Caveat: only 1.5 games in for them!

Agree with most of the above and if you look at the summer signings Sheffield2 does have the look of a club building for a play-off spot next season.

I think this goes to show that the top third of the Championship and bottom third of the EPL are not so different...just more money!

24 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think this goes to show that the top third of the Championship and bottom third of the EPL are not so different...just more money!

Agreed - there are at least six or seven sides in the prem who are not much better than the playoff(ish) sides in the championship. The difference is usually that little bit of quality up front to put the ball in the net when you don’t get quite as many chances. 

Sheff U are going to be hard to beat but are a pretty horrible side - over the top challenges all the time, not overly great to watch.  I’d much prefer our ‘style’ over theirs but good luck to them I suppose!

I think teams like Newcastle & CP will improve as the season progresses. Let's face it they can't get any worse.

Still think SheffU will struggle. This is as good as they can play I reckon & they struggled. They certainly wanted it more than CP but I feel their, er, robust style may cause them problems in the end.

I think I'd be be pretty disappointed to not finish above both those teams plus Newcastle based on what I've seen so far, though its obvious early days.

37 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Agreed - there are at least six or seven sides in the prem who are not much better than the playoff(ish) sides in the championship. The difference is usually that little bit of quality up front to put the ball in the net when you don’t get quite as many chances. 

Actually Aggy - I think a few of the upper Championship (Norwich last year, Leeds ths etc :classic_biggrin:) teams are actually better - more positive, more together and sharper - especially if Palace are anything to judge by (and I note the of demoted three last year only Fulham seem to be holding their own)!

Edited by Yellow Fever
Omission

That was absolutely god awful! I have no doubts we’re going to finish comfortably above Sheff Utd, Palace and Newcastle for starters. Sheff Utd fans are completely delusional if they think their attacking play is as good as ours - there is no contest whatsoever! They’re pretty robust in defence, I’ll give them that, but that was a very poor Palace side so even that isn’t much of a compliment.

Both looked Championship to me. I’ve got no worries watching that, not exaggerating when I say that I think that’s quite possibly the worst game I’ve ever seen in the Premier League quality wise.

Utterly awful game, what’s up with McBurnie, every time anyone comes near him he falls over with a massive yelp, cheating shister.

Palace are in deep ****e if they continue like this, no idea and no team spirit, looks like Zaha might have caused a few issues in that dressing room.

Palace a possible candidate in the relegation mix on this evidence....no goal threat ar all.

Benteke , 1 goal last season, and disinterested Zaha .

One of their other sources of goals was Milovjevic's high penalty count last season which will also drop now VAR will scrutinise Zaha's diving in the box

Sheff united are going to be the grafters this year. They will still go down. Palace are woeful and Newcastle will join them 

Good three points for United. Watched bits of the game and can’t say I was overly impressed with either team

• Like 1