Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

VAR at Carrow Road yesterday

To clarify my quote, I thought VAR was there to put facts in place not be opinion based. As I mentioned I am not convinced as we first thought this will benefit the smaller team I now believe ‘ this will make it easier to favour the bigger club as it is opinion and not fact ‘ other than for offsides ‘ and seems to be there to back the referees up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

This was disallowed because of a law change. Not a subjective decision. The ball hitting a hand in the build up to a goal is automatically disallowed. 

This.

14 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

And a foul in the penalty area SHOULD automatically result in a penalty.

It's the inconsistency in how VAR is applied that's irritating.

It isn't inconsistent at all though. It's overturning offside goals (Man City v West Ham, Arsenal v Burnley), it's overturning handball goals (Jesus v Spurs, Dendoncker v Leicester) and it isn't reviewing borderline penalty decisions. Every match has been officiated exactly the same.

13 hours ago, ricardo said:

I don't know how many more times I need to explain it. The ref decided it wasn't a foul. The fact that you and several others did, is neither here nor there. It wasnt a foul because the ref didn't give it, not because he didn't see it. 

Exactly. Had the ref given the penalty, it wouldn't have been reviewed either because it wouldn't have been an 'obvious' error. 

VAR will never be able to solve these subjective decisions because they are subjective. It isn't like cricket or tennis where the decisions are black and white, yes or no. The important thing is that the decisions which are blatantly wrong get overturned.

• Like 1