Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

This is a massive game

If we win tonight we will be 3 points behind Burnley - currently 5th - if we lose then we are 9 points behind with numerous clubs between us.

These are the sort of games we must WIN if we are going to seriously challenge for the play-offs.

Steve Cottrill is a good young manager ( in charge of Cheltenham when we were knocked out of the League cup by them I believe) and with Akinbyi in the current form then they will be a handful. From all accounts the game on saturday was abit of a bore (beat Stoke 1-0) with Jensen the best Burnley player. He will know the score and thing he will put players behind the ball and try and use AA''s power and pace. We (all of us players and crowd) need to be patient tonight if things don''t go well early on and I prdict a tight match.

If however we come out of the blocks and score early and they have to chase the game then it may be a high scoring win!

What do you reckon?

quite simply we need promotion form (2 points a game) to have any chance of amking the playoffs - so we need to win all our home games and draw the away fixtures until the end of the season.i''m hoping we line up with the same side we ended with against soton.  the defensive game we employed boxing day suited charlie, but not tonight.akinbyi will have his revenge over us one day and given his form this season it could be tonight, but hopefully he''ll play to his usual carrow rd form.we''re playing like a top 2 side at the moment, so if we play upto our recent standard we should see off burnley  3-1.  seems a popular score, why not 3 in a row!

Your right , Drinky,   this IS the game  that`ll  mark our card  !   SheffU  might well  have been in a post Christmas  hangover  ...   whereas  Burnley  will be well up for it , and looking at our  recent form  , and  making plans ,   as I see it , we have to mark Ade  out of the game ,  keep the 4-3-3 ,  and  keep up the style  we`ve played recently  !