Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Less Than One Hour Until the Shearer Blubfest !

Don't usually watch MOTD but i wouldn't miss it for the world tonight. Mind you it will be about how bad Newcastle were from old misery guts.

• Haha 1

Any time available to discuss just how good we were / are on the ball will be taken up by the 'ribbing' of Alan Shearer and his beloved team. 

Apart from the cursory quip regarding how we deserved the points I suspect glowing comments will be in short supply. 

We didn't go overboard when we lost at Liverpool. 

We need to keep our feet on the ground after beating Newcastle. 

• Like 2

Well thank heavens for Alan Shearer. Here’s me thinking our brilliance and ball domination made Newcastle look bad, whereas in fact it was simply Newcastle’s lack of movement up front. So actually we are just bang average and we’re lucky on Saturday 🤪

9 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Only Alan Shearer could fail to talk about Norwich in a 3-1 win. 😛

Extensive analysis on Almiron's lack of movement.

It was once again so, so predictable.   All the good things he could have focussed on about our play, but instead just a sad reminder of how tired the MOTD formula is with Shearer once again lamenting about his team and not even mentioning the striking performance of Pukki, which he - as a striker - should have been waxing lyrical about.   

To be fair Murphy talked solely about us, Shearer solely about Newcastle. 

Edited by Aggy

10 hours ago, Ramrod said:

We didn't go overboard when we lost at Liverpool. 

We need to keep our feet on the ground after beating Newcastle. 

Rubbish. You keep your feet where you like Ram. I’m going overboard. Some of the best football I’ve seen at CR. I’m going to enjoy this. 😀

to be fair Murphy applauded us, so did Linekar. WHo gives a fudge what Shearer thinks or about his beloved team. We won comprehensively, they lost. That's all that matters.

Suspect we could outplay teams all season and get results, we'll still go under the radar!

57 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Rubbish. You keep your feet where you like Ram. I’m going overboard. Some of the best football I’ve seen at CR. I’m going to enjoy this. 😀

Fair point. I've been indulging in the game non-stop. Fans are entitled, I'm sure DF will keep the players grounded. 

It was indeed very predictable from Shearer. But as pointed out, Danny Murphy was in our corner. Newcastle look certs for relegation this season, but that comes as no surprise - the whole vibe at Newcastle has screamed relegation since Benitez left.