Sign in to follow this  
Dizzy Rascal

McVeigh or McKenzie?

What are we going to do when McKenzie is fit and ready to play again? Is he going to sit on the bench due to WLY''s good perfomances or will Worthy tailor the formation to cope with both of them.

IMO the only way to play both with Ashton and Huckerby in the side would be to use a 4-4-2 with McVeigh on the right.

It''s quite simple - McVeigh is performing well, creating chances, scoring goals and looking confident (almost arrogant on Monday). He MUST be kept in the side as Deano''s partner and Leon will have to bide his time - after all he wasn''t exactly firing on all cylinders before he got injured was he ?

I''d keep McVeigh in the team. Yes he''s small and light weight, but he can create something from nothing, and genuinely looked really good V Sheff Utd. McKenzie came off the bench and worked hard, has some excellent runs down the wings, but with no end product. McVeigh looked absolutely jubilent after the game, virtually hugging every player as they came off the pitch, so he clearly cares about the side. I''d go with McVeigh for the present, as on his day he can be as good as anyone in this division.

McVeigh definately. McKenzie would not have the same effect and he is still a bit rusty. For example yesterday he was running down the wing and just ran the ball off the side of the pitch.

Easy

We love you Paul Mcveigh and if its quite allright we love you Paul mcveigh, despite his lack of height, we love you Paul mcveigh, he''ll cross the ball and he''ll score.

No contest i am afraid, sorry leon, despite his effort mcveigh is in a different league completely. skill, composure, good finishing, awareness, can you his head etc, etc.

has to be WLY, he is on form, 3 goals in 3 games, and you shouldnt change a winning side.......

McKenzie should be on the bench thou

While he''s performing like this, you have to play McVeigh. He''s a class above most in this division (as are Ashton and Safri).

If it aint broke ... don`t fix it !     McVeigh  seems , finally , to have got his head on straight  ,  for whatever reason  !!!     in the game against Burnley he`ll know that McKenzie is on the bench  ....  waiting  ........[Y]

McVeigh, at least while he is in the present form. When MvKenzie came on at Bramall Lane he looked rusty and his touch was the old problem. Maybe it was too soon for him, and perhaps it was not the time to go full pace.While we have a player of Ashton''s calibre, we need someone with McVeigh''s skills alongside him.Keep playing well, wee man!

I think we would be mental to change the front line at the moment! In my opinion Leon is a really nice option to have on the bench to throw on if we need to mix it up for the last twenty minutes. Very good position for us to be in at the moment, long may it continue, but on current form we have to have Ashton, McVeigh and Huckerby starting, no contest.