Second on, apparently if anyone wants to watch us (per Gary Lineker tweet) - after Man City/Spuds, which I guess is fair enough.

Question is...do they give us credit where it’s due for some great football, or will it all be about Newcastle.  Answers on a postcard.....

Shearer said Pukki wasnt a premier league quality striker last week.

I cant help but feel Shearer will just bemoan Ashley not spending enough money, ignoring the fact they spent about 50x what we did.

It would have been nice to have remained ‘ under the radar ‘ for a little while longer.

I guess Pukki’s hat-trick has put paid to that.

Just now, hogesar said:

I cant help but feel Shearer will just bemoan Ashley not spending enough money, ignoring the fact they spent about 50x what we did.

Of course, they’ll show the goals and give Pukki a little credit for scoring 3 then it will be a a 5 moan about how bad Newcastle were and that’s why we won 🤷🏻‍♂️

Shearer isn’t a premier league quality pundit.

Not sure why the BBC keep employing him on MOTD.

He would be better served on CBBC.....and even that is debatable.....

• Like 3

I don't give a **** what they think. When i see performances like that from Aarons, Lewis, Cantwell and Godfrey it almost brings a tear to the eye they were that good. The senior lads were great too.

As a side note Newcastle spent about £40m on Joelinton. Godfrey made him look like Championship at best. Ben is scaringly good.

• Like 7

They'll put the kids in the shop window by highlighting how fantastic they all were (Godfrey had Joelinton in his pocket and Todd/Max/Jamal had a great game) and say gracious things about Pukki (there will a Gary Lineker smug joke about the Golden Boot) and then go on and on about how a massive club like Newcastle deserves better blahdy blahdy blah...

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I don't give a **** what they think. When i see performances like that from Aarons, Lewis, Cantwell and Godfrey it almost brings a tear to the eye they were that good. The senior lads were great too.

As a side note Newcastle spent about £40m on Joelinton. Godfrey made him look like Championship at best. Ben is scaringly good.

Joelinton didn’t fancy it after about 30 mins, knew he couldn’t get the better of Godfrey with pace and missed a header any £40m centre forward should score.

As soon as he got a chance to find a reason to come off he made sure he did 😁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Just shows how ridiculous the values of players has become!?

Or shows how stupid the people who write the cheques are, or how bad some teams scouts are

15 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Or shows how stupid the people who write the cheques are, or how bad some teams scouts are

Probably both of those also 😁

If any club wants to see an example of what you can get without spending loads they just need to look at Pukki, Buendia, Leitner, Trybull

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

They'll put the kids in the shop window by highlighting how fantastic they all were (Godfrey had Joelinton in his pocket and Todd/Max/Jamal had a great game) and say gracious things about Pukki (there will a Gary Lineker smug joke about the Golden Boot) and then go on and on about how a massive club like Newcastle deserves better blahdy blahdy blah...

Just about spot on, except they will highlight the turmoil within Newcastle and have that as a main reason they lost today. However, it is early days and we will produce a number of these displays, as we saw last season.

They will take notice soon, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

He really said that? After one game in the PL that he scored in! Shocking so called punditry if that’s the case, he’s stealing a living from the license payers

15 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

If you can't be bothered to wait for the 3 minutes we'll get on MOTD, lap up these 11 minutes from NBC:

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/extended-highlights-norwich-city-3-newcastle-united-1

You'll need a VPN for it to work (use opera).

OTBC

"This content is not available in your location." (UK)

Edited by K Lo

I will be perfectly happy for MotD to play us down, especially our youth. 

It will suit me if they just comment on the goals and highlights. 

If course Newcastle will get attention. They are a massive club in flux and our boys did exactly what they needed to do today and exploited them. 

We knew this was a chance for 3 points. We didn't surely dare hope for that level of performance. I was surprised at our improvement in defending set pieces and just sorry they didn't get a clean sheet and the 3 goal margin they deserved. 

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Where did he say that? 

59 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

You'll need a VPN for it to work (use opera).

OTBC

So, will I need a VPN for this?

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

TBF I said that Shearer wasn`t a Premier League quality manager after watching him in charge for one game.

Me 1 Punters 0

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Didn't mention any players other than Pukki, no mention of youth, Cantwell's 2 assists, anything. Perfectly under the radar. 

Murphy's heart wasn't in it; you could tell he thought it was beneath him to even talk about us.

OTBC

They gave a whole new meaning to the word 'begrudging'. Apparently we might cause one or two teams a few problems.

I predict this is going to be one of the funniest seasons ever, watching pundits trying to twist, turn & squirm their way out of their pre-season snobbish rubbishing of our squad.

Also - that rubbish about VAR in the first segment on Man City. Said something along the lines of “without VAR we would never have been talking about that goal being disallowed”. Absolute b*llocks. We would be looking at 10 different angles of ball striking hand and talking to Poch about feeling hard done by.

VAR polices the laws of the game. You have an issue with it, take it up with the laws of the game.

And we ‘only talk about VAR decisions’ because that’s all you asked the players and managers BBC. Funny that. 

Rant over. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Also - that rubbish about VAR in the first segment on Man City. Said something along the lines of “without VAR we would never have been talking about that goal being disallowed”. Absolute b*llocks. We would be looking at 10 different angles of ball striking hand and talking to Poch about feeling hard done by.

VAR polices the laws of the game. You have an issue with it, take it up with the laws of the game.

And we ‘only talk about VAR decisions’ because that’s all you asked the players and managers BBC. Funny that. 

Rant over. 

The handball one in the Man City game I think VAR got right. The new handball rule is ludicrous and I’m not sure we would have thought Spurs were hard done by if that had stood. As you say though, that’s not a VAR issue but an issue with the new rule.

The one I do have a slight issue with is the offsides when it’s using a shoulder rather than arm and the margin is tiny. There was one game last week (I think it may have been Man City with one that Sterling had disallowed) where VAR had drawn the line down from attacker and defender - but because of the angle of his body the attacker’s arm was the furthest part forward. As you can’t score with the arm, they had drawn the line from the attacker’s arm pit. The gap between defender and attacker’s armpit was tiny - mms rather than cms. So should there be a bit of leeway for error? How do you decide where the arm pit starts and the arm ends when you’re looking at a still frame picture where the player is leaning/twisting? 

The cricket Hawkeye for lbw requires more than half of the ball to be hitting half of the stumps because it isn’t 100 per cent accurate all of the time - when the calls are so tight for the offsides, I’d like to still see it go in the attacker’s favour rather than assume the VAR line is infallible.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Probably both of those also 😁

If any club wants to see an example of what you can get without spending loads they just need to look at Pukki, Buendia, Leitner, Trybull

What we have got out of them has a lot to do with Farke and his backroom staff.  Not every club could achieve what they have done or those players would not have been available to come here.  Celtic for instance failed to get anything out of Pukki....... LOL.  We must keep that backroom team as long as we can !!

• Like 2