hogesar

Ever felt so comfortable?

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We'll just have to disagree.  In my view Farke's attitude to his players and the way he handles them is more consistent than nearly any other manager I can think of - he practically never changes a team that is doing well - and after Saturday, witnessing the best football seen at CR for many years, it would be churlish and counter productive to drop any player other than through injury.

It is also why the young players coming in have done so well, being trusted to continue and being allowed to develop while the team is doing well, rather than bring back experienced, possibly better players.   

As I said, it's the way Farke works - and he has simple but superbly effective squad management that rewards good team performances.  It's all about the team, not the individual. Win/draw and happy days, but lose a match or two.....then you might see changes. 

I am staggered that so many people on here cannot understand the way Farke goes about things.  We are not other clubs. We do not have a Klopp clone as a manager - we have a unique personality who has worked out the best way to motivate a squad and get the best out of them - and we are playing football way above a lot of people's expectations as a result. 

We are doing so well because we are doing things differently to nearly everyone else out there......open your eyes!

But what you're claiming just isn't true.

Take last season.

We beat Brentford 1-0. In the next game against Wednesday we started Hernandez with Steipermann dropping to the bench. The game after that Marco returns with Vrancic this time stepping down to the bench. Farke rotates, just because you played in a game we won doesn't mean you're guaranteed to start the next game. 

I'd much rather have the actual, real-life Farke than the weirdly dogmatic and inflexible version of him in your head.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd much rather have the actual, real-life Farke than the weirdly dogmatic and inflexible version of him in your head.

I think Lakeyo  is trying what is called 'channelling' whereas  what he has achieved  is ' projecting '.

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

But what you're claiming just isn't true.

Take last season.

We beat Brentford 1-0. In the next game against Wednesday we started Hernandez with Steipermann dropping to the bench. The game after that Marco returns with Vrancic this time stepping down to the bench. Farke rotates, just because you played in a game we won doesn't mean you're guaranteed to start the next game. 

I didn't say he never changes the team - only that all things being equal, players will be trusted when the team as a whole is playing well. The games you quoted were when we had 5 games in fourteen days - in that situation there were bound to be fitness/tiredness issues.   In this case we are talking about a week between games.

Edited by lake district canary

3 pages later and I must admit that I regret daring to post that Hanley is the 4th choice centre back...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JF said:

3 pages later and I must admit that I regret daring to post that Hanley is the 4th choice centre back...

7ED4F3D9-0D3A-4013-81FF-4CA8712397E8.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I see your Chinese  publishers are at it again Lakeyo. 

They're just trying to become stinking rich so they can buy the club off Delia...

Just now, cornish sam said:

They're just trying to become stinking rich so they can buy the club off Delia...

They wont get stinking rich off  Lakeyos book sales, Sammo. I'll be in Kernow next  month  , it's my second favourite  county.

**** me, this is a boring thread. 

Lakey is right that Farke tends to avoid rotating the first team, but it’s not absolute. Others on here are right that Hanley hasn’t been error free, but in general his play has massively improved since the first half of the Liverpool match. Both positions have merit. No-one knows what Farke will do once he has other CB options, but for some reasons posters on here have stuck their flags in their respective “Hanley is great/sh*te” hills and are defending their positions to the death. It’s not a black and white situation, take a breath and count to 10. Then maybe we could discuss the OP instead of this pantomime “Oh yes it is, oh no it isn’t” debate.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Lakey is right that Farke tends to avoid rotating the first team, but it’s not absolute. Others on here are right that Hanley hasn’t been error free, but in general his play has massively improved since the first half of the Liverpool match. Both positions have done merit. No-one knows what Farke will do once he has other CB options, but for some reasons posters on here have stuck their flags in their respective “Hanley is great/sh*te” hills and are defending their positions to the death. It’s not a black and white situation, take a breath and count to 10. Then maybe we could discuss the OP instead of this pantomime “Oh yes it is, oh no it isn’t” debate.

That’s pretty much every thread on here!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Lakey is right that Farke tends to avoid rotating the first team, but it’s not absolute. Others on here are right that Hanley hasn’t been error free, but in general his play has massively improved since the first half of the Liverpool match. Both positions have done merit. No-one knows what Farke will do once he has other CB options, but for some reasons posters on here have stuck their flags in their respective “Hanley is great/sh*te” hills and are defending their positions to the death. It’s not a black and white situation, take a breath and count to 10. Then maybe we could discuss the OP instead of this pantomime “Oh yes it is, oh no it isn’t” debate.

Hi Nuff Said,

Thank you for so eloquently putting the whole discussion into perspective. Both camps have a point of view, but I certainly don't agree in this denigrating into a name calling / ridiculing exercise - if a poster has a different point of view to another poster, then they should be free to exercise their opinion without fear of insult.

Now, what was the subject matter of this topic about......

• Like 1

It really was very very comfortable in fact I hadn’t felt that comfortable since I visited an east end S and M bar dressed as the leather man from the village people 

4 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

It really was very very comfortable in fact I hadn’t felt that comfortable since I visited an east end S and M bar dressed as the leather man from the village people 

Unfortunately you were mistaken for a leather 3 piece corner suite and ended up in the january sales at Leatherland on the North Circular, on a take home now start payments in 2 years deal. Still no takers though.........:classic_sad: