Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

why don't we recall jarrett early.

with safs suspended, and dicko still laid up with flu, brennan with tonsilitis, that leaves a midfield of charlie, robbo, rossi jarvis and hucks.with jarrett starring for plymouth, they won away at cardiff yesterday as well, shouldn''t worthy swallow his pride, pick up the phone and call ''the player,'' because asking 34 year old charlie to play 90 mins again - 2 days after starting his first competitive match for 2 months is crazy, isn''t it? 

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

No thanks

I never thought i would be saying this but "theres only 1 simon charlton"

[/quote]

what a load of crap....................  yeah and there was only 1 simon charlton being rubbish in our centre midfield every other time he played there?????  as we were mainly under the kosh against united he could probably play moire as a defender hence a better performance.

im not saying this for or against simon charlton but i for one am looking forward to seeing JJ again to see what he can do.

4 appearances for norwich mostly sub do not make a player and apparantly plymouths upturn in form - unbeaton in 3 is mainly due to him - Andy hughes has had 20 crap games for us running around like a headless chicken. influencing nothing

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

No thanks

I never thought i would be saying this but "theres only 1 simon charlton"

[/quote]

what a load of crap....................  yeah and there was only 1 simon charlton being rubbish in our centre midfield every other time he played there?????  as we were mainly under the kosh against united he could probably play moire as a defender hence a better performance.

im not saying this for or against simon charlton but i for one am looking forward to seeing JJ again to see what he can do.

4 appearances for norwich mostly sub do not make a player and apparantly plymouths upturn in form - unbeaton in 3 is mainly due to him - Andy hughes has had 20 crap games for us running around like a headless chicken. influencing nothing

[/quote]

its only my opinion paul, sorry for speaking. Charlton had a good tgame yesterday, so deserves a chance more than jarret who is lazy and arrogant, oh and is useless.

i must admit matt if i hadnt read what has been on the plymouth message boards I would have agreed with you entirely.  But it seems that he may be a good player (i still cant see it - those terrible performances for city) they describe him as box to box put a foot in can play ythe simple pass etc  not anything we saw in his few appearances early in the season..

Just for the record, Charlton did have a good game V Sheff Utd. He got stuck in and won a hell of a lot. He wasn''t particularly creative, but that''s why Hucks is in the team. Well played Charlton. Keep that level of performance up, and the top 6 beckons.

if jarret comes back and does well then great, but unfortunately i cant see it happening. He''s looked good in a plymouth side, that cant be too difficult despite thir results recentley. I would certainly prefer, Safri, Robinson (who was better yesterday) and etuhu to be a 3 man midfield. Etuhu is a similar player to jarret and so you can only have 1 of them. I''m just saying charltons done better when playedthan jarret so surely he deserves another chance ahead of him.

This is what I was thinking, seems to be a great way to free up Huckerby to do his thing without leaving Drury exposed. and it seems as though it was too much for Colin''s boys the other day. Say what you want about our third goal, but two defenders don''t contrive to head the ball into their own net unless they are panicking. Particularly when there isn''t a yellow shirt in sight. Colin can say what he wants about us playing Charlton in m/f, but its is clear we had them rattled.