Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Tomorrow’s national papers!

Can't wait for motd summary. As you said, praise for our team maybe show to come. These football pundits are so narrow minded and blind. But,  hey, we shall slow them how good we are

2 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

My bet is they will be full of how awful Newcastle were, not about how brilliant we were.

That  may well be the case every time we have a win

Yep, the commentary on my stream was about 75% “Newcastle are poor” and 25% credit for how we played. 

But under the radar and all that.

It'll be 50-50. We were very good and Newcastle were terrible. Maybe Newcastle might get more attention as they're a bigger club with a bigger fanbase.

Some fans need to take this 'little ol' Norwich' chip off their shoulder. The national media reports the Premier League based on what the country as a whole want to see, not what Norwich fans want to see. If you want to read a Norwich-centred reaction, read the Pinkun or subscribe to The Athletic for Michael Bailey's report.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Yep, the commentary on my stream was about 75% “Newcastle are poor” and 25% credit for how we played. 

But under the radar and all that.

Under the radar is good, just like last season. Love my new club

The lads and lady on Final Score were very complimentary to us which was good to hear. 

I think the press will definitely jump on the Pukki bandwagon.

I'm sure everyone else will be labeled as 'along for the ride' though. The press are lazy and goals are an incredibly easy way to judge if someone is good. Mo and Cantwell will likely be overlooked.

40 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It'll be 50-50. We were very good and Newcastle were terrible. Maybe Newcastle might get more attention as they're a bigger club with a bigger fanbase.

Some fans need to take this 'little ol' Norwich' chip off their shoulder. The national media reports the Premier League based on what the country as a whole want to see, not what Norwich fans want to see. If you want to read a Norwich-centred reaction, read the Pinkun or subscribe to The Athletic for Michael Bailey's report.

Bigger fanbase perhaps, but not really a much bigger club "on the pitch." When Sky did an ultimate Football League based on average league position over 50 years, they were 9th and we were 15th. Too many underestimate our success and heritage.

image.thumb.png.6821762fe3cf9434d99d754b2ddaae74.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Bigger fanbase perhaps, but not really a much bigger club "on the pitch." When Sky did an ultimate Football League based on average league position over 50 years, they were 9th and we were 15th. Too many underestimate our success and heritage.

But ultimately there's a reasonably big difference there. The 9th biggest club in the country will naturally get more attention in the national media than the 15th.

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

The acid test will be Chelski !!!!

Bollix it will. How we do against sides outside the top 6 is more important. In my my mind today was a must win game and we won it at a canter. Newcastle and Villa already looking nailed on for the drop. No need for exclamation marks today we were brilliant. Shows how far we have come if the acid test is sides like Chelsea.

It'll be "Lethargic Newcastle made to pay by chirpy Canaries".

Fu(k 'em, in the nicest possible way! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Bollix it will. How we do against sides outside the top 6 is more important. In my my mind today was a must win game and we won it at a canter. Newcastle and Villa already looking nailed on for the drop. No need for exclamation marks today we were brilliant. Shows how far we have come if the acid test is sides like Chelsea.

Agreed. It might give us more of a taster of how good we are than the Liverpool game (as Liverpool and Man City are miles ahead of everyone else), but if we lose 4-1 to everyone in the top six and beat the rest 3-1 I won’t mind too much!

2 hours ago, paul moy said:

The acid test will be Chelski !!!!

"Frank Lampard's Chelsea"?

They're already struggling at the bottom - we'll turn them over too!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

"Frank Lampard's Chelsea"?

They're already struggling at the bottom - we'll turn them over too!

I think they have dropped the unnecessary Chelsea bit off their name now. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

My point was that we learned virtually nothing against Liverpool,  quite a bit against Newcastle, but whatever we do against Chelsea will be a pretty good guide to the rest of the season. If you saw Chelsea in the Super Cup then you will know that they will be a really tough opponent and based on their performance, we are likely to lose.  Draw or even turn over Chelsea and I can envisage a top 10 finish, maybe even Europe if we can stay clear of more injuries.  I can actually see us doing the unexpected.

14 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Draw or even turn over Chelsea and I can envisage a top 10 finish, maybe even Europe if we can stay clear of more injuries.  I can actually see us doing the unexpected.

Oof steady on, things are rosy but setting unrealisticly high expectations is just begging for disappointment. Enjoying the journey is key as wherever it ends up there's already so much to be proud of right now.

P.S. didn't you also see Cody McDonald being the next Ruud Van Nistelrooy 😂

21 minutes ago, paul moy said:

My point was that we learned virtually nothing against Liverpool,  quite a bit against Newcastle, but whatever we do against Chelsea will be a pretty good guide to the rest of the season. If you saw Chelsea in the Super Cup then you will know that they will be a really tough opponent and based on their performance, we are likely to lose.  Draw or even turn over Chelsea and I can envisage a top 10 finish, maybe even Europe if we can stay clear of more injuries.  I can actually see us doing the unexpected.

It's great you can see a future in Europe for us, Paul.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Badger said:

Hoping they do this again next year as, given our respective positions in 1969, there is no outcome this season that doesn't see us correct the anomaly with Ipswich. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norwich R Us said:

Oof steady on, things are rosy but setting unrealisticly high expectations is just begging for disappointment. Enjoying the journey is key as wherever it ends up there's already so much to be proud of right now.

P.S. didn't you also see Cody McDonald being the next Ruud Van Nistelrooy 😂

Well, few saw Pukki scoring goals in the Prem apart from Norwich fans until he got the chance in a brilliant attacking side.  Not many teams would play to Pukki's strengths the way that we do, and even Cody would have scored a few in this team. 

Edited by paul moy