55 minutes ago, Evertonian said:

Things are looking up for us all over really. We are all excited about our new ground on the waterfront and we have an owner that is backing us. The media like to point out how much we have spent this summer but forget that we’ve sold almost the same amount so I think our net spend is about £10 million. I think on our day we have the beating of anybody bar city and I’m hoping for a top six push and a day out at Wembley this season. We have some good young players and I’m particularly excited about Moise Kean I think he could be a real star once he gets adjusted. Silva after a difficult start is making us really hard to score against we just have to be more clinical. Just shows you the benefit of sticking with a manager as you have shown more than anyone. 

Kean looks really good from the little I've seen of him thus far. There was a moment in the game on Sat where he performed a really neat turn and smacked a great low shot that was inches wide. Will have to keep an eye on him!

Good luck for your season, Evertonian. A decent club with a good bunch of fans from what I can work out. A bit more humble and down to earth than the Liverpool fans 😉

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Koeman seemed to fall out with players and then lose his mind in the transfer market.

Adding Klassen, Rooney and Sigurdsson who all play in the number 10 position while not replacing Lukaku was an absolute headscratcher. 

Yeah it was all very odd  , as prior to that he was generally regarded  as a good coach/ manager. Didn't he envisage  playing with an interchangeable  front three,  like liverpool  do now. Although  the three players you named would be an odd choice for those tactics. read somewhere  that he only regarded lukaku as a target man, ignoring the fact that he was very good at coming in off the right. 

Really pleased for him. I don't think he personally was ever really getting personal stick last season, more that people were frustrated that we couldn't get Leitner or Vrancic in the side whilst Buendia was absent. Most fans are able to distinguish between holding that view and giving Todd stick but maybe a few were not able to.

It was evident in pre-season that he was looking sharp, fitter and stronger and fair play to Farke he has picked him on the strength of those displays and continued to select on merit. I would have quite liked to give Roberts a few minutes on Saturday once the game was won in order to keep him sharp but right now Cantwell has that starting place and we look to have another £20m plus player on our hands. Another player who I think is more suited to the premier league than the champ as he is technically excellent and the way he is able to receive the ball, hold players off and move into space is really excellent. Just needs to add a few goals to his game now as really should have scored from that early chance but didn't get enough on the ball. 

22 minutes ago, king canary said:

Koeman seemed to fall out with players and then lose his mind in the transfer market.

Adding Klassen, Rooney and Sigurdsson who all play in the number 10 position while not replacing Lukaku was an absolute headscratcher. 

That was more Steve Walsh's doing on the transfers than Koemans, who I don't think had much say in that. 

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

That was more Steve Walsh's doing on the transfers than Koemans, who I don't think had much say in that. 

Weird how quickly Walsh went off the boil.

1 hour ago, Evertonian said:

Things are looking up for us all over really. We are all excited about our new ground on the waterfront and we have an owner that is backing us. The media like to point out how much we have spent this summer but forget that we’ve sold almost the same amount so I think our net spend is about £10 million. I think on our day we have the beating of anybody bar city and I’m hoping for a top six push and a day out at Wembley this season. We have some good young players and I’m particularly excited about Moise Kean I think he could be a real star once he gets adjusted. Silva after a difficult start is making us really hard to score against we just have to be more clinical. Just shows you the benefit of sticking with a manager as you have shown more than anyone. 

Hi Evertonian always good to have fans of other clubs on here. I’ve a few friends who’s families are split between Liverpool and Everton fans it# always fun to talk to them during a derby weekend......you guys have the friendliest derby I’ve ever had the pleasure see. I was lucky enough to be at the 86 fa cup final, not so great for you guys but was a brilliant day out.

Its great to see you guys excited about a new stadium, unfortunately we have a majority of crusty fans who’d rather stay at Carrow Road than move to expand the ground to move forward 😉😂.

Good luck for the season, I apologise for us taking four points off you this season you’ll have to make them up by beating your old enemy. 😂👍

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

Weird how quickly Walsh went off the boil.

I suspect his recruitment at Leicester was more luck that any great insight or he had good scouts/analysts there who he didn't take to Everton.

You so often see it with Sporting Directors that they are amazing at one club and awful at the next - Monchi's time at Roma being the biggest example of this.

Yeah from all accounts Walsh took credit at Leicester from other people’s work. He was never a director of football and signed  players on huge money that we can’t get rid of 

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Hi Evertonian always good to have fans of other clubs on here. I’ve a few friends who’s families are split between Liverpool and Everton fans it# always fun to talk to them during a derby weekend......you guys have the friendliest derby I’ve ever had the pleasure see. I was lucky enough to be at the 86 fa cup final, not so great for you guys but was a brilliant day out.

Its great to see you guys excited about a new stadium, unfortunately we have a majority of crusty fans who’d rather stay at Carrow Road than move to expand the ground to move forward 😉😂.

Good luck for the season, I apologise for us taking four points off you this season you’ll have to make them up by beating your old enemy. 😂👍

You have all been very welcoming. I’ve enjoyed your sight and it’s good to get different insights from other clubs. You only taking four points not six? That’s very charitable of you sir/Madam 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Evertonian said:

You have all been very welcoming. I’ve enjoyed your sight and it’s good to get different insights from other clubs. You only taking four points not six? That’s very charitable of you sir/Madam 😂

I’d be happy to split 3 each! 👍😉

Who was that striker who scored only one goal for you and it was against us? First game of season I think. Van wolfswinkle or something🤦🏿‍♂️

Yup, that’s the one, our full back shanked a shot and Rikky puts it in the back of the net. So Chris Hughton put a stop to any of those antics and laid down the law nobody was allowed to shoot again .... and then RvW broke his foot. Best 7 milllion we had spent until that waste of time Naismith turned up - who only bothered to play properly against Liverpool. So you owe us big time for that one - on the other hand you did get Mike Walker and he turned out to be a dud too. 

16 minutes ago, Evertonian said:

Who was that striker who scored only one goal for you and it was against us? First game of season I think. Van wolfswinkle or something🤦🏿‍♂️

Aye it was, bullet header off a Whittaker cross/shot. I ended up sat next to 2 of your lot in the home end who were total tosspots. Aggressive to everyone and stewards/police did FA about it - it was pathetic.

Won't hold it against you though, every club has it's fair share of kn0bs and you seem to have far less of them than the perpetual victims across Stanley park - so welcome! Always good to see another perspective on things.

He did actually score another goal for us btw - at Rotherham in the cup - A small claim to fame is I'm amongst a very select number who were there to see both his goals live 😂

On 17/08/2019 at 19:05, Daz Sparks said:

The lad did good.

Where are his detractors now I wonder?

On this thread giving credit where credit is due? 

7 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Not all.

So? It's football, a lot of football fans are fickle. 

The truth is that he looked well off the boil when he came in for the suspended Buendia and at that time we dropped a lot of points, of course fans are going to be emotive and have a moan at times like that. 

The reality is that he was probably a bit distracted by the contract stalemate. 

Now he's looking in top form and that's a positive thing for him, the club and all of us. 

You probably care about this a lot more than Cantwell, who looks very happy. His hair has improved too. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I read about RVW the other day. He hurt his head in a match and went for a scan and found a tumour on his brain. Lucky guy. Looking forward to the match tonight 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

So? It's football, a lot of football fans are fickle. 

The truth is that he looked well off the boil when he came in for the suspended Buendia and at that time we dropped a lot of points, of course fans are going to be emotive and have a moan at times like that. 

The reality is that he was probably a bit distracted by the contract stalemate. 

Now he's looking in top form and that's a positive thing for him, the club and all of us. 

You probably care about this a lot more than Cantwell, who looks very happy. His hair has improved too. 

I probably don't, now p*** off and don't reply to any of my posts again.

Edited by Daz Sparks

10 minutes ago, Evertonian said:

I read about RVW the other day. He hurt his head in a match and went for a scan and found a tumour on his brain. Lucky guy. Looking forward to the match tonight 

Yep, a fortunate discovery  alright,  a young fit guy like Ricky stands  a good chance of making a full recovery.  I like Friday night football,  I'm  above disco going age and live in the country so a couple of  cold ones In the fridge  and a match on  telly box, happy days. Congratulations  by the way in having the highest  like per post ratio, gave you another  there,  maybe we can get you up to 2/1.  Dont post too much though  we wont be able to keep up.

Not much not to like on a night like this. Lovely evening hopefully a decent match. Fancy us to win but as evertonians you know there’s a kick in the **** coming. It’s the hope that kills you eh? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

I probably don't, now p*** off and don't reply to any of my posts again.

Insightful, why don't you stop having a pop at fellow fans and start looking forward instead of backwards. Best fans in the league. 

There's a good lad. 

On 18/08/2019 at 13:12, Alex Moss said:

Todd was a real stand out in the academy I always thought. I remember Eddie used to single out his performances a lot back then. And when he came on against Chelsea a couple of years back, my Chelsea friends singled him out and said ‘you’ve got a player there’. They were very impressed. He has matured well, is 100% Premier League class, and his vision, touch and crisp passing is very impressive. His potential is massive, can’t wait to see the ‘finished article’ Todd Cantwell

Just needs to add goals to his game now, sure they will come. 

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I'm  above disco going age

I think that much is obvious from the fact you call it a "disco" instead of a "club" 😂

Just now, kick it off said:

I think that much is obvious from the fact you call it a "disco" instead of a "club" 😂

Wot? No Discos? Club!?Do you have to be a member? is there Premium Membership so you can get into other Clubs before regular people?  Was gorn on?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Here’s hoping we get a more effective performance from him this week rather than last weeks show boating and preening 

Is that the best you can do? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I guess it is Nuff, Waveney's trolling has really gone down hill in recent seasons, I think he should be loaned out to a L1 messageboard to get him some "first team" minutes.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It’s quite funny. You have to be fairly **** at life to be interested in trolling. Normal people have better things to do. To be a troll and be **** at it takes a special kind of basement dwelling virgin

1 hour ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Here’s hoping we get a more effective performance from him this week rather than last weeks show boating and preening 

He had probably his best game for us last week and you know it!

Which only points to the fact that you are a bin dipper in disguise and a grade A C0(k to boot?

Now do us all a favour and s0d off back to your own sh1te team positioned down the end of our sewer pipe at portaloo road.

Edited by East Rider