Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Which Number 22 would you rather have?

Which Number 22 would you rather have?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which 22 would you rather have?

• Chris Sutton
    • Teemu Pukki

Sutton was an excellent goal scorer and incredibly strong in the air, but Pukki's all-round game, work rate and clinical finishing take it for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

He was our second best CB yesterday so probably.

:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin: he is phenomenal  at tracking  back and defending,  I'll give you that but not sure hed have Suttons ability if actually started  there, having said that,  I think teemu is a better all round forward. 

blimey thats close.    At the moment I would say sutton,  but happy to review come the season end..

11 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Currently over 92% for Pukki.

VAR won't be needed for the outcome of this one!

I've got a sneaking suspicion that a large chunk of that 92% never watched Sutton play. 

• Like 1

Suspect there's a lot of uninformed opinions on this poll....... you know, a bit like the media of late.      

Sutton was brilliant....

Pukki is brilliant.............. how about we leave it there!!!!!!    

• Like 2

On 17/08/2019 at 17:46, canarydan23 said:

Best goals to games ratio in Premier League history. 

Yes, just read this on the BBC "Pukki is the first player to score as many as four goals in his first two Premier League appearances"

I was a massive fan of Sutton in his day. Very different type of player though and I’m not sure if he would be as effective as Pukki in the current team given the way they play. 

Also frankly he is too old now and better off staying as a pundit 😂

7 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

I was a massive fan of Sutton in his day. Very different type of player though and I’m not sure if he would be as effective as Pukki in the current team given the way they play. 

Also frankly he is too old now and better off staying as a pundit 😂

Me too, he could also do a great job in steeps position feeding pukkis runs.

I loved Sutton, but my vote goes to Pukki.

The Finn's a class act and one of the greatest pieces of business the club has ever done!

1 hour ago, ROBFLECK said:

The Finn's a class act and one of the greatest pieces of business the club has ever done

Nail, head. 🔨 

Never mind 22, I've just had a number 2......Gnnfff gnarrr grumf paa-lop......Aahh......That's another Ipswich supporter born......

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Never mind 22, I've just had a number 2......Gnnfff gnarrr grumf paa-lop......Aahh......That's another Ipswich supporter born......

Eeeeeew!

4 hours ago, ROBFLECK said:

I loved Sutton, but my vote goes to Pukki.

The Finn's a class act and one of the greatest pieces of business the club has ever done!

As others have said, they're difficult to compare. Sutton played with two orthodox wingers and used his height to advantage, but he was also great at creating space and time on the ball to shoot or create chances for others. Pukki is all about movement and clever positioning, or running on to through balls to beat the keeper. That suits our present style of play and players, so now, I'd have to say Pukki. As for value, Sutton came up through the youth team and reserves, so also cost the club nothing, but was later sold for £5m, a record amount back then.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

2 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

As others have said, they're difficult to compare. Sutton played with two orthodox wingers and used his height to advantage, but he was also great at creating space and time on the ball to shoot or create chances for others. Pukki is all about movement and clever positioning, or running on to through balls to beat the keeper. That suits our present style of play and players, so now, I'd have to say Pukki.

Sutton did on radio 5 said Pukki won’t ever score as many goals as he did in a season.

Probably because Pukki plays less games in the top division.

For a centre forward Pukki has everything. On Saturday I remember more than his hat trick the Newcastle counter attack where our midfield were on the 1/2 way line and Pukki was the last defender taking the ball off their £40 m striker.