Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Norwich v Newcastle match thread

11 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I think it's safe to slag Newcastle off now (Chiek Tiote doesnt play for them anymore). How crap have they been? ****est opposition I've seen us play for a long while. They're in for a tough old season if they dont improve

Newcastle and Southampton both looking poor. Southampton gifted a goal late on by the sounds of it without causing any problems all game, right now they’re surely the favourite ps for going down. 

Clean sheet would be a massive boost for the defence now. Wishing I’d put Pukki in my fantasy team!

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Seriously, what have they done all game?

Been outplayed by us 👍

Oof, late consolation. Not gonna let that take the sheen off a great win. 

1 hour ago, Jools said:

Placed a bet at 50/1 for a 3-1 win regardless 👍

Whistle please  👆 😜 😀

Edited by Jools
Get in

Disappointing goal to concede... Need to cut these silly ones out of our game.

It won't and shouldn't take anything away from the boost the lads will take from this game though. 👍

I think this performance just shows how the squad has matured. We knew we couldn't keep that pace up all game and settled into a slightly different  style second half but still looked untroubled and assured. Doesn't it make your weekend. Not only winning, but knowing smugly that you have watched your team play football that others only dream of.

• Like 3

Brilliant performance and result. Teemu, what a player! And he's my FF captain😀

• Like 1

But what a great game! I've not been this excited about an NCFC team in a very long time!!!! Well done to everyone involved!

The club is truly an example to others as to how it can be done in the right way!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Have other Finns scored a Premier League hat-trick?

Mikael Forssell for Birmingham against Tottenham in 2008

• Like 1

Excellent performance that. Really do think Leitner makes a huge difference. So composed and able to retain possession, Amazed Newcastle didn't press us since Bruce was managing in the champ last season so knows how we play. 

Pukki was obviously outstanding, thought Cantwell was very good too. For me, Emi was a bit off his game today which bodes well because he will play a lot better than that.

Only negatives the injury to Lewis (fingers crossed) and Hanley giving a little reminder there of why we need to get another CB fit and in the team asap. I don't like to single him out as he played well for much of the game but you just can't turn your back like that even if you are 3-0 up.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Excellent performance that. Really do think Leitner makes a huge difference. So composed and able to retain possession, Amazed Newcastle didn't press us since Bruce was managing in the champ last season so knows how we play. 

Pukki was obviously outstanding, thought Cantwell was very good too. For me, Emi was a bit off his game today which bodes well because he will play a lot better than that.

Only negatives the injury to Lewis (fingers crossed) and Hanley giving a little reminder there of why we need to get another CB fit and in the team asap. I don't like to single him out as he played well for much of the game but you just can't turn your back like that even if you are 3-0 up.

Agree with this a lot. Buendia still somehow rusty, sort of like he would have lot lower workrate than last season. Second half he seemed better though, so maybe he is still looking for match fitness after bit broken pre-season. Just hope that added muscle mass is not having negative effect on his movement. 

Superb performance. Amazing how it’s turned in a game. We’re now only a point from the champions league and Pukki is a on for the golden boot. Newcastle looked naive and will go down defending like that. This punditry is easy after 90 minutes 

• Like 1

While Pukki will understandably take the bulk of the praise in the media - it was great to see equally good performances from Cantwell and Mo.

Two players who struggled to nail down a place at the tail end of last season , but who have reminded us of exactly what they can do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to the group today, I always think when a team is against the ropes you have to take advantage.

We did that today.

A fair few players proved that they are up and can compete, what a run of games now with a few top teams and then a few that are winnable. This result gives more than just belief it gives a knowing that we can perform at a level to beat premier League teams with some dominance.

We weren't plucky today, we were dominant and we can go in to this run knowing we will create chances in any game.

Congratulations and let's plan for next weekend, take positives and learn from our mistakes.

Super performance today,

Some Champagne football at times.

Collectively so proud of this group and never felt more connected to a City team.

Pukki, Letiner, Cantwell, Godfrey outstanding.

Hanley undoubtly weak link.

We're going to have a exciting/entertaining season - that said Newcastle are a poor poor side, so not getting carried away.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I think it's safe to slag Newcastle off now (Chiek Tiote doesnt play for them anymore). How crap have they been? ****est opposition I've seen us play for a long while. They're in for a tough old season if they dont improve

Passed away over two years ago :(

Great result today and I think we've given a few of the experts something to think about. Farke will keep the players feet on ground but it's great to get a win early in the season with such a comfortable performance.