Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Norwich v Newcastle match thread

5 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Pukki gets back to Norwich's box to defend Joelinton. Unbelievable player.

Definitely. Not only a goal threat but a team player who notices danger and runs back to help out. Fantastic player.

69% possession at HT. Keep it up lads. Could've had more than the 1 goal, but Joelinton missed an absolute sitter of a header. If he's worth £40m...

Edited by kirku

8 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Pukki gets back to Norwich's box to defend Joelinton. Unbelievable player.

That was impressive. Sums up our teamwork.

• Like 1

Great first half, Godfrey immense and the two wingbacks boy, Lewis & Aarons are going to be some players, if only they can stay for the next few years this side could push top 10 with a few subtle additions.

Leitner and all having a good game, very good passing, control and movement. OTBC

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Almiron will score a shedload once he scores his first  for Newcastle - that header was a significant miss. Love the way we're just going for it - a win will come if we keep this going, our fitness will tell.

That was Joelinton, not Almiron.

This is probably the most skillful Norwich team there has ever been. They are a joy to watch and a real credit to the club.

The first 20 minutes were so one sided and so slick and our movement is as good as any top team.

And what a goal to add another couple of million onto Pukki's value.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kirku said:

69% possession at HT. 

I'm surprised it is only 69%. I think the Newcastle players have seen the ball, but I'm not sure they've touched it.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

excellent stuff, very good 1st half.

The only criticism I have is that we give away possession too easily with stray passes.  The positive is that when we do lose possession we hunt the ball down voraciously.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

So now he's priceless plus £2mill?

No amount of money could tempt me to sell him at the moment. Critical to the way we play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

That was Joelinton, not Almiron.

Quite right Mr Angry - I could be a clever sh*te and pretend I meant Joelinton, but I didn't, I was just wrong!:classic_unsure:

4 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I'm surprised it is only 69%. I think the Newcastle players have seen the ball, but I'm not sure they've touched it.

They've had a bit of joy down our left. Hayden has put in some decent balls and their #17 had a good chance.

Great first half, at times it felt like as if it was last season in the Champs. Pukki's finnish is second to none. Another goal could put this game to bed...

OTBC!

Now, thats some sexy football!

Lewis been really good going forward as he was againz Lpool already. Godfrey been rock solid. Leitner makes the team tick and Cantwell has taken such a step up this year. And Pukki is Pukki. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

This is probably the most skillful Norwich team there has ever been. They are a joy to watch and a real credit to the club.

The first 20 minutes were so one sided and so slick and our movement is as good as any top team.

Yes the footwork and the speed and fluidity with which they can move the ball around is very noticeable

9 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Yes, they'v certainly SEEN a lot of the ball...

Even better Binners losing their derby match to that huge club Peterborough!