Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

No Premier League club spent less this summer than Norwich

Read that on the BBC pre-match article. Whilst we all knew that, the obvious question that followed it for me was has ANY Premier League team spent less than us?

Im pretty sure some teams will have spent nothing. I seem to remember one of the big teams fairly recently failing to sign any new players (cant remember who), and of course some teams have had transfer embargos.

So spending practically nothing is not unprecedented. However, (and Im not talking net spend) has any Premier League club ever spent as little as us following promotion ? Im choosing to ignore loan fees (which you can argue about) but if you consider our outlay to be only £750,000, then we can consider the entirety of the Premier League's history, as even Swindons and Barnsleys could afford such fees.

Is our approach unique?

Find myself wondering about when Newcastle came up with Hughton. They retained the squad that got relegated so perhaps didnt feel the need to invest on their return, though Newcastle traditionally **** a lot of money on very average players

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

Yeah it was Spurs who didn’t spend anything last season 

37 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

However, (and Im not talking net spend) has any Premier League club ever spent as little as us following promotion ?

There was this stat going around:

I saw the reading one. They did alright didn't they?

Just a shame the french fella didn't fancy it especially with Onel now out.

Thank God the transfer window is shut. On todays display Pukki and Godfrey must be worth silly money. £100m for the pair not a penny less.

• Like 1