2 hours ago, Aggy said:

It’s not a million miles off is it? They could have scored a few, we had one or two half decent chances but I think it’s fair to say Burnley were well and truly in control for the large majority of the game.

They scored from a near post corner-poor marking—and a good near post shot-following us giving the ball away in a bad area. Their plan was to press high, defend in numbers with no space for our one touch passing and punt it long to their front two.

Their plan worked, they won deservedly but to say that they outplayed us is stretching the point considerably.

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

They scored from a near post corner-poor marking—and a good near post shot-following us giving the ball away in a bad area. Their plan was to press high, defend in numbers with no space for our one touch passing and punt it long to their front two.

Their plan worked, they won deservedly but to say that they outplayed us is stretching the point considerably.

So they stopped us playing our game and played their game to perfection, winning 2-0, stopping us from having any real clear cut chances and making us look like we were never in with a shout of getting anything from the game. 

So in what way didn’t they outplay us? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Their plan worked-it doesn’t mean they outplayed us.

Well we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Outplayed = played better. They won, we didn’t look like winning. They played their way better than we played our way (ie; outplayed us). 

If it was all about possession, then yes I’d agree they didn’t dominate. But it’s not. Football is about having a plan to win games and executing it. 

On 17/08/2019 at 17:48, Icecream Snow said:

The "expert" Mark Lawrenson

“We know how well Teemu Pukki did in the Championship, but will he score enough in the Premier League? I don’t think so – I don’t think he will get 10 league goals this season. "

Four down, he only needs another six 😛

Teemu Pukki

Norwich

195 per goal

1954 played

10 Goals scored

3 Assists

I wonder if Lawro will need reminding. 😀

10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Teemu Pukki

Norwich

195 per goal

1954 played

10 Goals scored

3 Assists

I wonder if Lawro will need reminding. 😀

Trouble is, Lawro, will just say look at the league in his smug smile! Hopefully if Pukki gets to 15 goals and we get to 17th then he can be reminded!