Sign in to follow this  
unique

Injury news

Jeez! What a crappy start to the season...

Zimmerman...Klose....Drmic....Hernandez...Idah...

Starting to look light at the back AND front.....

Edited by unique

Terrible news. Plus Hernandez out long term....might be back in 2020?

Time for Roberts, Vrancic, Srbeny...plus new fella Amadou

Pukki needs to be wrapped in cotton wool from match day to match day.

If only Hernandez was as enamoured with bungalows as he is with Argos!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

What's wrong with Idah, by the way? I've completely missed the news about him and didn't know he was injured.

Back issue but did train today. Similar deal for McLean apparently.

Edited by BobLoz3

13 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Not a huge issue then. If Drmic is slightly more longer term, I wouldn't mind seeing Idah get some game time. He seems like a very bright prospect.

I really like him, yeah. He may be able to make the bench, but I don't think Farke would chuck him in for risk of furthering the injury.

It is quite a worry not having that many senior strikers available. But Drmic apparently out for 2 weeks only. However, he's done his hamstring again and that seems to have been a recurring theme for him. So, it's a worry as it'll probably keep going!

41 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

The treatment table at Colney needs to be the size of an aircraft carriers flight deck......

We've booted Thompson out to make room.

We know Farke and his staff are keen on fitness and that's been one of the keys to our success; but we do appear to get more injuries than most other clubs - The reports seem to suggest both McLean and Idah suffered similar back injuries in training, and honestly, it's not all that uncommon for someone to trip on the stairs - just doesn't usually lead to a torn meniscus or ACL injury; one has to wonder whether there's something about the current training regime that's making players more susceptible to injury somehow?

I wonder whether there could be something to gain from having someone with a medical background from outside the club come in as a consultant and take a look at the training situation with fresh eyes and see if there are some tweaks that can be made here and there to reduce injury risk?  

4 minutes ago, andyc24_uk said:

We know Farke and his staff are keen on fitness and that's been one of the keys to our success; but we do appear to get more injuries than most other clubs 

Rubbish. How many times did we name the starting 11 last year? E had an empty physio room lots of last year and form was keeping those players out. The issues we have had are with the same players picking up new injuries, I think it says more about those players tbh. One of the hallmarks of Webber and Farke has been careful attention to easing players back for the long term benefit.

This is a freak week I would say. 

• Like 3