Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Onel out for 3 months

Just announced in the press conference. Apparently he slipped and landed on his knee at home. 😩

Edited by Nuff Said
Speeling

You ask yourself...why doesn't this happen to a few Citeh players or even Villa...they've got money and players enough  

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As I said in the injury thread, it sounds like it could be a season ender. Farke said it's three months for a tear in the meniscus, but it could be a cruciate ligament injury, and that would be it for his season.

Not necessarily - ACL recovery times are quicker now than ever before. If he recovers well it could be 6 months.

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Not necessarily - ACL recovery times are quicker now than ever before. If he recovers well it could be 6 months.

You're more optimistic than I am, clearly. It could be six months, but it might not- you even said yourself that he may not feature this season.

Let's hope that it's just a meniscus tear and he's back by Christmas.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Cor! A ridiculous injury bulletin today!

We now only have two fully fit strikers and that would be Pukki and Srbeny. Two fit CB's also.

What a nightmare!

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

You're more optimistic than I am, clearly. It could be six months, but it might not- you even said yourself that he may not feature this season.

Let's hope that it's just a meniscus tear and he's back by Christmas.

Recovery times are varied, if op goes well and no hiccups in recovery he'd be back in time for the end of the season. But definitely fingers crossed no ACL issues.

Not what we wanted to hear but we go with what we have. Obviously, most everyone had question marks about Hanley but there is nothing we can do and it will probably have to be Tettey instead of MacLean.

And we have Idah fit so we have three strikers.

Just been in the club shop literally 5 mins after reading the press conference and who should be in there but Onel himself.....walking around unaided albeit it with a limp. When I asked what he'd done to himself he said he had a  MRI scan booked but seemed to suggest that the reports of the 3 months I told him was being reported was wildly over exaggerated and that 4-5 was was closer to the mark?

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Just been in the club shop literally 5 mins after reading the press conference and who should be in there but Onel himself.....walking around unaided albeit it with a limp. When I asked what he'd done to himself he said he had a  MRI scan booked but seemed to suggest that the reports of the 3 months I told him was being reported was wildly over exaggerated and that 4-5 was was closer to the mark?

Yeah, I mean, they always want to soften the blow when it comes to reporting on injuries. Like Wacky said, could be his season over. Which would completely suck. For him and for us. We don't really have another player like him, with strength, serious pace and trickery.

Massive loss.

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not what we wanted to hear but we go with what we have. Obviously, most everyone had question marks about Hanley but there is nothing we can do and it will probably have to be Tettey instead of MacLean.

Idah isn't fully fit though. He trained today, as did McLean, but they both have back issues.

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not Leitner?

Onel relies in his pace. That might be gone for ever. But what the hell was he doing??

Hopefully Idah will get his chance but it's tragic injury news.

Frustrated when players get injured doing nothing.

7 minutes ago, Surfer said:

An opportunity for Roberts then. 

Yes, perhaps, but a completely different player to Onel.

He is tiny, for a start. He isn't that quick and he prefers playing on the right. Also looked pretty poor at tracking back.

I do feel that Onel being out is a huge miss. I just hope that it isn't as serious as first thought. I am quite sure he would have been on crutches if it was...As it is, GJL mentioned they'd seen him in the club shop and he wasn't on crutches but limping a bit. Why would they let him put weight on that knee if it was really bad?

Edited by BobLoz3

Very sad news and a player that was going to have a good impact. I hope the recovery goes well it does now mean can't sell and Roberts will have much more playing time out wide, possibly heise.

Onel will be like a new signing, but I wish he was playing the full season.

Big player to lose in a position where we don't have great depth and he has unique attributes, so a big loss.

1 hour ago, ROBFLECK said:

You ask yourself...why doesn't this happen to a few Citeh players or even Villa...they've got money and players enough  

It has literally happened to Sane

Shi*e news indeed -- The last Roberts who played for the club did okay mind 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If he said it was wildly over exaggerated, how come its gone from 3 months to 4/5 months ?

I think the Argos home delivery department is going to be busy for the next few months.

What absolutely sh*t luck. Get well soon, Onel.

11 minutes ago, Diane said:

If he said it was wildly over exaggerated, how come its gone from 3 months to 4/5 months ?

Perhaps he meant 4/5 weeks, let's hope so