Sign in to follow this  
BobLoz3

Louis to Shrews

I'm glad Louis Thomson is going out on loan to get some game time with Shrewsbury. I think it's fantastic that he's willing to go to that level and try and build up his career and fitness again.

All I can hope is that he stays injury free and has a great season with them. Would love to see him in our squad soon.

Good luck Louis!

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Should be a standout player at that level if he stays fit. Sadly, I don't think it will ever happen because it seems like his body just cannot handle professional football.

It does seem strange that he's struggled so much with his fitness. It all started with a shoulder injury at Swindon. Probably the same one that popped out when he came on against Villa last season.

It's the achilles that has been the real killer. Missed a lot of action through that injury. And he's done it twice.

It all seems a bit unfair. Is it his body, though, or is it sheer misfortune?

I think he is just an unlucky chap. I really hope he does well at Shrewsbury, just as Ben did, and comes back an injury free, strong player.

• Like 1

Feels a bit of a strange choice of move though? I could understand if it were just 6 months to boost some sort of fitness but I'm not really sure what a whole season in League One will prove from a football perspective. Could have done with Championship football imo. He must feel a bit deflated having to drop down 2 leagues but hopefully it will work out for him and he can get some match fitness. Very good luck to him as I fear this may be his last chance.