Sign in to follow this  
stewfil

Ricky van Wolfswinkel diagnosed with brain aneurysm

Terrible news. He was unfortunate to be here at a time playing for the a City side that was moulded into one of the worst NCFC sides I’ve ever seen in over 30 years. I’m not sure Messi would have got more than 1 goal under Hughton. I would put money that under the combination of Farke and Webber’s offensively fluent footballing style, and their incredible way of installing confidence in a player despite outside noises, he’d have been a hit. His record speaks for itself elsewhere, that’s no coincidence. They are the management team we needed for a guy who’s managed to score everywhere else but here, but unfortunately the stars didn’t align at the right time.

Best of luck to Ricky! He has all City supporters thoughts and we wish him well!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, stewfil said:

Sorry didn't see the other thread before posting

No, thanks for posting. I thought the other was the well trod argument so I didn't check it.

Grim news but hopefully Ricky will get through this and he has my best wishes.

How **** - the news has currently reached over 300 people according to hits on this Pink’un message board, and nobody bar 3 or 4 can offer their well wishes on a thread that he may well see and feel good will and optimism from. My understanding is these little positive things can make all the difference. But never mind...

How w@nk, ‘best supporters in the world’ my @rse.

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

How **** - the news has currently reached over 300 people according to hits on this Pink’un message board, and nobody bar 3 or 4 can offer their well wishes on a thread that he may well see and feel good will and optimism from. My understanding is these little positive things can make all the difference. But never mind...

Tbf, there are plenty of well wishers on the other thread, myself included. 

FWIW, my best wishes to Ricky, hope he makes a speedy recovery. 

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

You got anger issues? 

Speedy recovery Ricky

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

A lot of those views will be search engine bots and a lot of people read but don't have accounts you weirdo. I've just created one to underline this. 

As for your initial post, a long analysis of his time under Hughton, how utterly irrelevant and disrespectful to even raise that. How about there being much more to life than football and his previous employment being the very last thing on his, his families or his friends minds right now? It reads like an obituary. 

Get well soon Ricky, hope to see you on the pitch again soon but health is more important than kicking a ball around. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

It is nice to wish a person who is ill well. However I don't RvW will be checking the PinkUn message board anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

It is nice to wish a person who is ill well. However I don't RvW will be checking the PinkUn message board anytime soon.

No, and it's also not got anything to do with the quality of our fans regardless. As someone has said, half the views will likely be web crawlers and people without accounts

I think something like this comes down to more than what we thought of his ability as a footballer.

This is real life, horrid stuff and I hope he recovers well from it.

That'll be the end of his playing days, poor fella.

Sending good, healthy vibes your way in order to make a speedy recovery.

My apologies folks, I certainly should not have said that. We have brilliant fans, and a truly amazing community on here of which I’ve been a part of for many years - I most certainly should not have reacted on here to a couple of really stupid and insensitive comments (since deleted) I’d just read on Twitter regarding Ricky. I was very annoyed but I was wrong to react, so my apologies guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It just shows how unfair life can be and can hit you when you least expect it. Regardless of how it went for him on the pitch he always seemed a kind and decent guy. Really hope he makes a full recovery. All the best Ricky

An extremely decent and honest individual who came at one of our worst periods in recent years, and who I have a lot of time for despite whatever else can be said about that season.

I really hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

All the best Ricky.