Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

That Idiot Streaker.

35 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Because i feel strongly about it,that is why. He broke the law and was handed a hefty punishment at Liverpool and the same should happen at this end unless of course you don't think him and whoever abused this membership scheme should not be made an example of to deter others ?

This could've happened under any scheme.

The previous scheme didn't stop people letting other people use thier tickets/points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I have just e-mailed Ben Kensall with a link to that newspaper article and asked him to confirm what they intend to do about it at this end as Liverpool magistrates have set the bar pretty high at that end.

Jesus. Really? Calm down, Karen.

I have no issue with the club banning him, nor this thread on the issue. A non-norwich fan encroaching the pitch from the Norwich away end is not really how we want to be represented, and certainly not fair on those regular away supports who didn’t manage to get that ticket...

5 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

If you are going to streak surely you would want to have something worth streaking #chipolato

Speak for yourself  jobbo. Personally  its #Bratwurst*

*Large German Sausage

Edited by wcorkcanary
Because my wife says so.
  • Haha 2

I think if I leant my season ticket to someone who got themselves arrested at the game then yes I would probably expect to face some consequences. Officially I'm not sure its allowed under the ground regulations to let someone else use your season ticket so I would expect a ticking off.

In this case though if a premier away member is found to have sold their ticket to a Liverpool fan (who has subsequently invaded the pitch but the same even applies to those who sold tickets to Liverpool fans who didn't) then I do think that said premier member should face consequences.

Whichever numpty (or agent) sold a ticket knowingly to a Liverpool fan ought to be drummed out of the club and not be allowed to buy tickets again.  There are too many of us that want tickets to see this kind of thing happening.  This was just one plank who happened to show himself, but how many other Liverpool supporters might there have been within our section? 

It's going to happen quite a lot - private ticket agents abound and are easy to find if you want them - so for them to get a priority membership or two at all the clubs in the PL is going to pay them dividends over a whole season.....and they do not care which team you support, they just want your money.

If it'd been Erica Roe at Anfield streaking.....the first 3 rows of the four stands would have all taken a severe facial battering....

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I’d be very surprised if someone bought a £50 membership scheme for the season on the slim chance that he would get to see the 1 game he wanted to, doesn’t make much sense to me. My monies on this ticket being provided to him by a City supporter that bought the membership in the first place, though I wouldn’t discount the possibility that a tout has taken a gamble on a membership either, but logically, I think the former’s more likely.

Firstly if it is a Norwich membership then that person should be banned for life.

Why would you be surprised ? Man City had a problem with people buying tickets for a proportion of their away games that never attended. This ensured them tickets for much bigger games ie Champions League Finals ect. Man City now select at random 5 % of an away following who have to pick up their match day tickets at the opposition ground with full photographic ID. To watch your team £80 is not an horrendous cost for some.

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Firstly if it is a Norwich membership then that person should be banned for life.

Why would you be surprised ? Man City had a problem with people buying tickets for a proportion of their away games that never attended. This ensured them tickets for much bigger games ie Champions League Finals ect. Man City now select at random 5 % of an away following who have to pick up their match day tickets at the opposition ground with full photographic ID. To watch your team £80 is not an horrendous cost for some.

My point was I'd be surprised if someone bought a £50 membership just on the off chance they’d succeed in the uncertain lottery to purchase a ticket for the one match of their respective team that season.

Now, an actual tout on the other hand, who’s purchasing a membership to gain a potential 19 tickets for resale is another matter - that would of course make much more sense, and I’ve never disagreed with that at any point in this thread 👍

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

If it'd been Erica Roe at Anfield streaking.....the first 3 rows of the four stands would have all taken a severe facial battering....

I wonder what she looks like now?

A very nice lady I’m sure

So somebody who did not hold an away membership nor purchase their ticket through club channels has been banned for life😀😀😀

What a state of affairs football has become irrespective of someone even wanting to streak. Some grounds now have metal detectors/3 lots of security to pass through, then being patted down by some butch steward

Amazing where alcohol is allowed namely Rugby and Cricket  fans are not segregated and party together

How long before Armed Police Officers and the military are at grounds to make sure no fan misbehaves

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

I wonder what she looks like now?

A very nice lady I’m sure

Mmh I also wonder?.....But I do thank her for the fond mammaries.......

Interesting quote from said streaker (amongst others where he appears fairly unbothered by the whole episode). Interesting anyway in light of discussions as to whether people should be able to buy large quantities of tickets.

"Someone had tickets for sale and wanted £70, so I bought one. We went up on the coach. It was a long trip and when I was there I did what I did to perk everyone up a bit."

Edited by Jim Smith

31 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

image.png.539efbf77e12ab9d8e767d79f5f4841a.png

My word, we’ve got a wicker chair like that, it’s got lots of pointy bits that would puncture a balloon.

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Back on topic the club have said that anyone encroaching on the pitch at a game involving Norwich City will be banned for life.

Sounds a bit harsh. Wasn’t it three years or just indefinitely back in the day ?

If it was Erica in her prime, she might be invited back 

On 15/08/2019 at 01:05, daly said:

Ironic that a streaker gets fined  £5000 and the gang of thugs who committed burglaries in properties over East Anglia and stole high value cars one of whom netted £125000 made to pay just £1 back or face an extra day in prison.

Country has gone to the dogs

This streaker chap does appear to have an extensive rap sheet though, at least four convictions for theft in Norwich having been a prolific shoplifter. So limit sympathy accordingly. 

Met the chap briefly the other night. Introduced himself as the streaker from Anfield; pretended I knew nothing about it.

Interestingly (or not) he mentioned doing it again. 🤷‍♂️

The streaker at the Champions League Final was much, much hotter.

Streakers should be dealt with strictly on **** appeal.