Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

That Idiot Streaker.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norwich-streaker-why-he-did-it-1-6213839

Grant Sleight Fined £5000 and banned from Anfield for 5 years. A Liverpool fan who lives in Norwich and seeked publicity by approaching the EDP for the ridiculous article they have printed and looks like he is hero worshipped by his Facebook followers for what he did. Even talk of crowdfunding to pay the fine !

Probably got his ticket by joining the membership scheme as he obviously has a local postcode and possibly a purchase history but in my book he should have it cancelled and a substantial ban from Carrow Road like he has from Liverpool.

Over to you Mr Kensall.

• Like 3

substantial, meaning a life time ban

and it has to bring into question how many others have joined " the membership scheme as he obviously has a local postcode and possibly a purchase history "

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

it has to bring into question how many others have joined " the membership scheme as he obviously has a local postcode and possibly a purchase history "

By that you mean not Norwich supporters who because of a local address use that as an opportunity to obtain tickets to see the team they usually follow courtesy of their armchair.

I’d be very surprised if someone bought a £50 membership scheme for the season on the slim chance that he would get to see the 1 game he wanted to, doesn’t make much sense to me. My monies on this ticket being provided to him by a City supporter that bought the membership in the first place, though I wouldn’t discount the possibility that a tout has taken a gamble on a membership either, but logically, I think the former’s more likely.

14 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I’d be very surprised if someone bought a £50 membership scheme for the season on the slim chance that he would get to see the 1 game he wanted to, doesn’t make much sense to me. My monies on this ticket being provided to him by a City supporter that bought the membership in the first place, though I wouldn’t discount the possibility that a tout has taken a gamble on a membership either, but logically, I think the former’s more likely.

" By that you mean not Norwich supporters who because of a local address use that as an opportunity to obtain tickets to see the team they usually follow courtesy of their armchair. "

yes to both of you, as the truth lies somewhere within what you both say

and it does bring into question the 'new scheme', and a requirement of a more stringent check on who is using the tickets, as I am aware of one ST holder the last time we were in the PL was selling his ST to the highest 'bidder' for the top games - and as social media makes it that much easier so the club needs to be that more vigilante if not in fairness to genuine fans but to avoid possible fisticuffs and trouble

1 minute ago, Bill said:

" By that you mean not Norwich supporters who because of a local address use that as an opportunity to obtain tickets to see the team they usually follow courtesy of their armchair. "

yes to both of you, as the truth lies somewhere within what you both say

and it does bring into question the 'new scheme', and a requirement of a more stringent check on who is using the tickets, as I am aware of one ST holder the last time we were in the PL was selling his ST to the highest 'bidder' for the top games - and as social media makes it that much easier so the club needs to be that more vigilante if not in fairness to genuine fans but to avoid possible fisticuffs and trouble

It will be interesting to see if the club have been in touch with our streaking friend and asked him how he obtained his ticket, I would imagine they must be trying to get to the er ‘bottom’ of it. Perhaps we’ll never know, perhaps there’s a poster on here thinking ‘Oh Shiite, what have I done now?’

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

It will be interesting to see if the club have been in touch with our streaking friend and asked him how he obtained his ticket, I would imagine they must be trying to get to the er ‘bottom’ of it. Perhaps we’ll never know, perhaps there’s a poster on here thinking ‘Oh Shiite, what have I done now?’

it shouldn't be too difficult to trace who bought that ticket, and he or she should then be exposed and be forced to bare up to what they have done, assuming the ticket was sold on

I suspect the cause of him going on the pitch was a bet about City or Pukki scoring

ie if City score after this I'll streak across the pitch

• Haha 1

Ironic that a streaker gets fined  £5000 and the gang of thugs who committed burglaries in properties over East Anglia and stole high value cars one of whom netted £125000 made to pay just £1 back or face an extra day in prison.

Country has gone to the dogs

• Like 2

i know a couple who are villa fans first but have had season tickets in the river end for several years after moving to the area - and they are far from alone in adopting city as their second local team and attending plenty of games.     Should they be barred from attending away games?  Could that be the case here?

If a premier member friend (or one  of the 750) has  bought them a ticket should they also face censure?  Which happened extensively under the old system too,  so it is hardly a new phenomenon.

He deserves his punishment and irregardless of whether he follows us or not I would want city to ban him from our games too - for pitch infringement.   

9 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

£50 isnt a lot if he then lets his Man U supporting friend use it then his Chelsea friend and so on and so on. If they all chip in it's relatively cheap. I'd indirectly heard reports of people doing this as soon as the scheme was announced. Of course he's blown it now but there are almost certainly others who've done the same.

I have just e-mailed Ben Kensall with a link to that newspaper article and asked him to confirm what they intend to do about it at this end as Liverpool magistrates have set the bar pretty high at that end.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I have just e-mailed Ben Kensall with a link to that newspaper article and asked him to confirm what they intend to do about it at this end as Liverpool magistrates have set the bar pretty high at that end.

This Ben Kensall fella is out of control and he needs to rethink this debacle immediately 

John

Thanks for this and I was made aware by media colleagues.

We will be issuing a club statement on this at midday but he is not a Priority member and he did not officially purchase a ticket from the club but he will be banned.

Thanks for sending through.

Ben

Ben Kensell
Chief Operating Officer

Looks like he has a mate who will be in a spot of bother as well. 😂

Really?

It was a silly but non violent thing to do which has been dealt with by the authorities. Why do you feel the need to get involved? Also, why so publicly?

3 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Really?

It was a silly but non violent thing to do which has been dealt with by the authorities. Why do you feel the need to get involved? Also, why so publicly?

I think this is of interest to all Norwich fans. It's obvious that an existing Norwich fan has sold a ticket to this prat, and with away tickets being oversubscribed it's in fans' interests to know that the club will be vigilant in ensuring that the very limited number of away tickets don't end up in the wrong hands.

6 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Really?

Once a plod...

5 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Really?

Because i feel strongly about it,that is why. He broke the law and was handed a hefty punishment at Liverpool and the same should happen at this end unless of course you don't think him and whoever abused this membership scheme should not be made an example of to deter others ?

• Like 1

Innocent question Tillo, if you let a friend use( not saying you have, as from what I gather it's not the done thing) your season tkt, in good faith,as for some reason you cannot attend, and they acted the maggot during said match , would you feel hard done by if you also received sanctions.? 

• Like 1

"... and they acted the maggot during said match..."

Was it a cold night or just stage fright? 🤔😂

Apples

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Innocent question Tillo, if you let a friend use( not saying you have, as from what I gather it's not the done thing) your season tkt, in good faith,as for some reason you cannot attend, and they acted the maggot during said match , would you feel hard done by if you also received sanctions.? 

In my case it would never happen wcorko as i never miss a game.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Never? Ok try a hypothetical reply  . 

My circle of family and friends are way above doing such a thing wcorko even if under the influence of a few pints.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My circle of family and friends are way above doing such a thing wcorko even if under the influence of a few pints.

Ok, if you're  that certain.  Never been embarrassed  by a relative at a wedding? All's well then.