Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Standard Home and Away memberships still on sale

I noticed today that Standard Home and Away memberships are still on sale. How can the club be still offering these when the Premier memberships were hopelessly oversubscribed and closed ?

Anyone parting with up to £70 may as well throw their money down the drain....

Must say im a bit disappointed  by the way the club has gone  about all this for this season. Yes, we, as a club would like to have more money. Are we to be the Ryanair  of the premier league,  make it useless to  be anything other than a priority  boarder, and clipping every passenger for every penny we can. The real daft part of this is that in football money terms the income raised by upsetting so many supporters is peanuts. 

• Like 2

Leaving aside the shameless cash grab that is the away membership scheme, the regular home membership is pretty poor value compared to other clubs too.

Man Utd for example is £35 and you get a pack with pin badge, earbuds, snood, pen etc as well as 10% discount in the club shop. Liverpool is £37 or £27 if you don't want the tat and you get 10% discount in the shop. Man City is £35 and you get £5 off tickets, 10% off in the shop and 20% off stadium tours as well as pin badge, scarf and laptop sleeve.

For £35 we get a scarf and 5% off in the shop.

2 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

Leaving aside the shameless cash grab that is the away membership scheme, the regular home membership is pretty poor value compared to other clubs too.

Man Utd for example is £35 and you get a pack with pin badge, earbuds, snood, pen etc as well as 10% discount in the club shop. Liverpool is £37 or £27 if you don't want the tat and you get 10% discount in the shop. Man City is £35 and you get £5 off tickets, 10% off in the shop and 20% off stadium tours as well as pin badge, scarf and laptop sleeve.

Out of the four clubs our home standard home membership does look poor value.

Even poorer if the other three give their fans more than zero chance of a ticket.

This is a joke but not for the reasons you may think, but actually this means premier tickets are on sale. Now I know I shouldn’t add to the chaos of getting a ticket but I will as the club are clearly clueless. This is from the initial release of the scheme and I have just taken this from the website.

Can I upgrade from Standard to Premier during the season?

Yes, membership upgrades are available for £15, where you will receive all of the Premier benefits excluding the welcome pack.

Thanks to Mr Ben our club is becoming a joke. You now have no interest in the fans now you have your Premiership riches.

17 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

They also get loyalty schemes and put things in place to ensure only their own supporters get the tickets

I think Kensell is getting a little bit hung out to dry here. Yes it’s his department that is implementing all this and presumably came up with it but it’s not his decision to be “self funding” and it’s not his fault our owners are who they are. The board supposedly signed all this off so whilst his team have clearly not thought this through well or underestimated how badly it would go down he is only, to a degree, doing his job of maximising commercial revenues and I would venture to suggest other massive hypocrites further up the chain should also be getting their share of the blame for it. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

I think Kensell is getting a little bit hung out to dry here. Yes it’s his department that is implementing all this and presumably came up with it but it’s not his decision to be “self funding” and it’s not his fault our owners are who they are. The board supposedly signed all this off so whilst his team have clearly not thought this through well or underestimated how badly it would go down he is only, to a degree, doing his job of maximising commercial revenues and I would venture to suggest other massive hypocrites further up the chain should also be getting their share of the blame for it. 

So to be fair if you are head of department you oversee all the small print and would be aware of any anomaly’s. So when the club decided to cap the selling of premier membership but left on sale the standard membership should he have not been aware that the club have garunteed that you can upgrade to a premier ( without the pack ) at anytime in the season ? 

He has managed to leave Premier membership on sale even though he seems to think it is not. If however there is a new condition this should be removed from the website as anyone can see that’s what you promised when I bought.

Yes, membership upgrades are available for £15, where you will receive all of the Premier benefits excluding the welcome pack.

Just now, Well b back said:

So to be fair if you are head of department you oversee all the small print and would be aware of any anomaly’s. So when the club decided to cap the selling of premier membership but left on sale the standard membership should he have not been aware that the club have garunteed that you can upgrade to a premier ( without the pack ) at anytime in the season ? 

He has managed to leave Premier membership on sale even though he seems to think it is not. If however there is a new condition this should be removed from the website as anyone can see that’s what you promised when I bought.

Sorry I was referring to the membership scheme generally rather than the anomaly referred to in this post. I would assume it’s not possible to upgrade a standard membership bought after they stopped selling premier ones? Whether that applies to standard memberships bought prior to that point I don’t know but there were not very many of those anyway. 

I also think the club should just acknowledge that standard memberships are a waste of time and stop selling them anyway. It’s a bit morally questionable when they know standard members are unlikely to ever get a ticket. 

The club has got so much right it feels a bit like everyone's desperate to have a proper kick in at anyone and everyone whilst the opportunity is there.

This idea hasnt worked and wont last past this season, but lets not make out it's the end of the world as we know it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Sorry I was referring to the membership scheme generally rather than the anomaly referred to in this post. I would assume it’s not possible to upgrade a standard membership bought after they stopped selling premier ones? Whether that applies to standard memberships bought prior to that point I don’t know but there were not very many of those anyway. 

I would like to think that you were right but what I just copied and pasted is still on the website as the only questions and answers as far as I can see is this. I don’t even reckon they have remembered they put it there. I am going to go through to payment on my wife’s account to see if it mentions in anyway I cannot upgrade. Be interested to know if any of you with a standard membership have now been told you can’t upgrade.

It says ‘ please note there are no longer any premier memberships for sale ‘ it says nothing about the garuntee of an upgrade being removed however.

Somebody may still wish to buy membership though. I understand how it's become all about tickets but lot's of fans like to be members even if they never buy tickets. The narrow view of all this is astounding at times.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

It says ‘ please note there are no longer any premier memberships for sale ‘ it says nothing about the garuntee of an upgrade being removed however.

If they used the word guaranteed,  then they really have to stick to it.

21 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Somebody may still wish to buy membership though. I understand how it's become all about tickets but lot's of fans like to be members even if they never buy tickets. The narrow view of all this is astounding at times.

I agree and the club could certainly do more to entice these potential buyers. I don't know how many squillion members Man Utd have, but I'm guessing the majority don't ever get tickets (too far to travel...) but the merchandise pack and the club shop discount make it an attractive way to support the club.

Interestingly or maybe not, I explained our membership scheme to my arsenal supporting boss today and he explained somewhat the arsenal way of doing things and said ours was better😂

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Been a standard Member for Years nuttyo , but  a 75% increase in price, combined with the priority schiesenstorm, made me think, whats the point?  getting to games from here is enough of a hassle without added doubt of whether or not hard earned dosh is unwisely spent. My 35 quid has more than been replaced by thousands of Priority Menbers. Should the Club Reintroduce a system that works( always got a ticket when i wanted one , incl play off final, under the old system,) I will become a Member again. Fortunately i have relatives that are ST holders, so i may well see the odd game. If membership was £20 till, i'd pay, no problem, but 35???, smells of profiteering to ,e.

11 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

Interestingly or maybe not, I explained our membership scheme to my arsenal supporting boss today and he explained somewhat the arsenal way of doing things and said ours was better😂

Arsenal are very expensive. Full Stop.

22 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Arsenal are very expensive. Full Stop.

Yes they are but they have 2 tiers of membership with a priority window that basically will never get tickets without buying them from someone in the upper 2 tiers

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Out of interest what other benefits are there? Or is it just a 'feeling more of a part of the club' thing?

28 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Been a standard Member for Years nuttyo , but  a 75% increase in price, combined with the priority schiesenstorm, made me think, whats the point?  getting to games from here is enough of a hassle without added doubt of whether or not hard earned dosh is unwisely spent. My 35 quid has more than been replaced by thousands of Priority Menbers. Should the Club Reintroduce a system that works( always got a ticket when i wanted one , incl play off final, under the old system,) I will become a Member again. Fortunately i have relatives that are ST holders, so i may well see the odd game. If membership was £20 till, i'd pay, no problem, but 35???, smells of profiteering to ,e.

Yes but thats no reason to stop selling them as Jimbo suggests.

It seems as a club we are becoming a world brand and embracing it where it seems a lot of posters on here want to keep us small presumably so that they can complain we have no ambition.

It's the premier league which everyone wanted except they seem to want us to remain little old Norwich a local club for local people. We tried that before...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes but thats no reason to stop selling them as Jimbo suggests.

It seems as a club we are becoming a world brand and embracing it where it seems a lot of posters on here want to keep us small presumably so that they can complain we have no ambition.

It's the premier league which everyone wanted except they seem to want us to remain little old Norwich a local club for local people. We tried that before...

Nah Nuttyo, that's not where i'm at at all. The comparatively small gain for the club, compared to the number of disgruntled supporters just makes me think it was an unwise move, for a few quid. I'm all for the Club expanding, diversifying etc etc. Otherwise no complaints for the last 2 years.