Sign in to follow this  
Rhino1

Talk crap at it again!!!

Yes talk crap at it again on Drive. “Norwich definitely going down, defence looks shocking” - based on one game vrs european champions!!! Must learn not to listen to them!!! But if I can’t get away tickets I may have to.

I wonder if we had won the match if we’d have definitely been labelled serious title contenders after 1 game🤔 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Yes talk crap at it again on Drive. “Norwich definitely going down, defence looks shocking” - based on one game vrs european champions!!! Must learn not to listen to them!!! But if I can’t get away tickets I may have to.

To be fair our defence did look shocking and if we defend like that in every game we will go down.

Leaving aside the fact they are just being provocative their view does not allow for any form of improvement or acclimatisation as the season goes on. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

To be fair our defence did look shocking and if we defend like that in every game we will go down.

Leaving aside the fact they are just being provocative their view does not allow for any form of improvement or acclimatisation as the season goes on. 

Talk of relegation after one game is ridiculous Jimbo. Anyway, everybody who got beat like that at Anfield last season didn't go down.

If it was Adrian Durham then just ignore him.  He's basically a Donald Trump-esque troll doll but switched around the orange skin / pallid hair for orange hair and pallid skin.

If it wasn't him, then I still don't like him.  

Actually, whilst I'm at it, has James Corden ever said anything negative about Norwich as I'd like to have a go at him as well?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So West Ham must have been relegated last season having lost 4-0 in last seasons first match at Anfield. Oh wait.... it appears they didn’t. How can that be?

Did anyone else concede four against Liverpool or lose by a 3 goal margin? Let’s take a look. 

Southampton lost by 3. They must be in the championship this season. What do you mean 'no'?

Cardiff conceded four so 'talk sh!te' presumably called.that one right. 

Watford lost by 3 and Bournemouth and Newcastle both conceded 4, so that’s the other two relegation places filled alongside Cardiff, right? It’s not right? Well surely one of them must have gone down? How can it be that they all survived.

Arsenal conceded 5, Palace 4, Bournemouth and Watford both lost again by 3 and 5 respectively. They must have all had a real battle to not be relegated after results like that. How did they possibly finish 36, 15, 11 and 16  points clear of relegation. 5th, 11th, 12th and 14th. 

Well Burnley conceded 4. They must have gone down cos they don’t have any money either. They just started their fourth consecutive season in the Premiership you say?

And I presume the pundits got it right when Huddersfield lost by 5 with only two more games to play. Not too difficult a call since they were already relegated by that time  

So 10 teams lost by the same or greater margin to Liverpool, two of them twice and 8 of them are still in the top flight. So to everyone, especially those who still haven’t learnt from the first five games last season, let’s just get a few more games under our belt before drawing any definitive conclusions from Fridays game. 

• Like 5

To be fair they pointed out how many we conceded last year and that we hadn’t brought any new centre halves. However no recognition that Hanley is fourth choice or that we have a new CDM to come in. And saying that ‘our full backs deserve better’ is pretty poor. 

To listen to Durham and Gough you have to take it for what it is and not get wound up.

Slightly OT but amused at a BBC summing up of the weekend action which had us "thumped" 4-1 by Liverpool yet Chelsea only "lost" 4-0 at Man Utd.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Old Shuck said:

Slightly OT but amused at a BBC summing up of the weekend action which had us "thumped" 4-1 by Liverpool yet Chelsea only "lost" 4-0 at Man Utd.

You'll hear a lot of that this season, Salah's goal was the result of a lucky bounce off Trybull's heel fed Firmino. The press won't big it up, but if Pukki scores with the help of a deflection, you can bet it will be described as 'fortunate' giving the subliminal message that our opponents were unlucky. 

'He's letting the full backs down!'   Like they are more important than the team because they must be farmed ready for the big clubs to take them.   

Now what manager would have put them in the team in the first place.  What manager would have developed them so well and gave them the confidence to express themselves the way they do?   Aaron's and Lewis would still be u23s if we had Alex Neil or most British managers in fact.   

Farke 'we are working without the tools'...    One thing is certain, DURHAM IS A TOOL!

These pundit idiots laud Mourinho and there's no chance he would have the bravery or inclination, or ability to give opportunity, nurture and develop these lads.

Edited by ged in the onion bag

25 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

You'll hear a lot of that this season, Salah's goal was the result of a lucky bounce off Trybull's heel fed Firmino. The press won't big it up, but if Pukki scores with the help of a deflection, you can bet it will be described as 'fortunate' giving the subliminal message that our opponents were unlucky. 

Talking about the championship strikers and how the teams will fare, Billy Sharp was in the right place again,what a neat finish from Maupay, even McGinns finish was brilliant... and no mention of Pukki. 

Pukki's was the best of the lot, precise pass and finish.

Happy under the radar but cant wait until we shut them all up.

5 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Happy under the radar but cant wait until we shut them all up.

Trouble is ged, it's all so condescending, 'little old Norwich' punching above their weight, 'chirpy Canaries' 'let's be having you' all so disrespectful, lazy and boring. 

Don't watch or listen then. It's getting quite boring with people on here whinening because most pundits and the media tipped us for relegation. It really isn't surprising or interesting. If anything it should inspire the players and coaching staff even more to prove them wrong.

Conversely its interesting that 3 pundits this morning on talk sport all felt that Villa will be ok on the back of their performance at Spurs despite the fact that they lost and still conceded 3 despite having 11 men behind the ball for long periods. Yes Mings was good and made a lot of clearances but he had to because they were on the back foot for nearly the entire 90 minutes.

If our defending at Liverpool is evidence we will go down (and I will admit if it carries on like that then yes we will but I am confident it won;'t be that bad all season) then surely the fact that Villa lost 3-1 despite supposedly defending brilliantly for 90 minutes is even more damning evidence as to their prospects?

Its strange and can only be the sort of confirmation bias that was referred to in the article linked on here yesterday.

30 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Don't watch or listen then. It's getting quite boring with people on here whinening because most pundits and the media tipped us for relegation. It really isn't surprising or interesting. If anything it should inspire the players and coaching staff even more to prove them wrong.

You're missing the point. If you want to know what's going on in the World  you don't buy the Sun.

If you're broadcasting a football show, at least give the audience some respect, it's bordering on propaganda the way that there's a constant 'love in' with the Big Clubs. 

... and I'm not whining about us, Brighton, Blades and Saints are also victims at the expense of Bigger Clubs. 

1 minute ago, splendidrush said:

You're missing the point. If you want to know what's going on in the World  you don't buy the Sun.

If you're broadcasting a football show, at least give the audience some respect, it's bordering on propaganda the way that there's a constant 'love in' with the Big Clubs. 

... and I'm not whining about us, Brighton, Blades and Saints are also victims at the expense of Bigger Clubs. 

Honestly, that is just football. Most people, including pundits and many ex-pros, don't really know what is going on when analysing performance and outcome bias has an enormous impact. Those "in the know" will have taken pros and cons across all the teams in week 1. But before too many on here get "holier than though" the city support are just as prone to playing the "big time charlie" when they get the chance. The chant of "my shed is bigger than this" is well used in away cup games at lower league opposition. Its irritating to be on the receiving end but it is totally unimportant

I see from their twitter feed that they have also relegated Villa based on their performance against Spurs, so that’s two of the relegation places filled, somehow West Ham have survived... 

“Mings was brilliant, but that’s as well as he is going to play.”

“There’s an ability to crumble that we saw on Saturday that’ll send Villa down.”

@talkSPORTDrive tips #AVFC to be relegated from the Premier League.

Edited by JF

16 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

far better than watching naughty streams  ?

You people do realise that if there’s that many glaring inaccuracies from TalkSport about a team you know like the back of your hand, then how the hell are you going to get any sensible genuine balanced correct information on any of the rest of the teams in the Premier League? Think about it. 

Not listened to it for a long time now - the most pointless ‘sports coverage’ there is out there, you only have yourself to blame if you lap up their nonsense I’m afraid.

It's just laziness really and obviously isn't just Talk Sport or the Sun. On MOTD that halfwit Ian Wright concluded on the basis of one game, which they lost, Villa had spent £130m well. Beggars belief so you can't take anything they say with any seriousness.

Talksh*te and their ilk survive on controversy - all they need to do is push the right buttons and wait for the angry callers to rise to the bait and phone up whilst rubbing their hands together and laughing maniacally as the dosh roles in. I guess they made a rod for their own back when hiring an overweight Scottish alcoholic - his bar bill alone must count for 99% of the stations outgoings.