Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Opposition fans in our away seats

Recommended Posts

This seems to be a common and valid objection to the current membership scheme. Am I right to say it is in contravention of the terms and conditions of ticket sales?

 

If so, can we start a campaign to get non-Norwich supporters thrown out? Some will be obvious - if we point them out to stewards, will they be ejected? If this is effective it might put other glory hunters off trying to buy tickets in the future.

 

Or am I either over-reacting, or going to end up getting thumped by a Man U fan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have had various away fans, over the years, who have sat near us. Basically, the stewards give them a warning to sit on their hands (the fans hands, not the stewards! ) and not draw attention to themselves. Any that haven't been able to do that , are escorted out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather their tkts were traced to the member who bought them and that person banned from ever buying tickets again.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Over-reacting.

Me, my brother and a friend had to endure away seats at Portaloo Rd once.

Was hard to contain ourselves every time we scored in that 5-1 drubbing!

We obviously behaved ourselves but boy was the car bouncing as soon as we closed the doors!

Its ok in my book as long as they are respectful.

Edited by lharman7
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

I'd rather their tkts were traced to the member who bought them and that person banned from ever buying tickets again.

Would be a tad harsh on the season ticket holder I know who used the buy back scheme only to find out at the next home match that an away fan sat there 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the op is talking about the likes of Liverpool fans managing to get part of our away allocation as opposed to away fans sitting in the home end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I think the op is talking about the likes of Liverpool fans managing to get part of our away allocation as opposed to away fans sitting in the home end.

That was always a risk when we opened up the away ticket process to the masses.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The club should open Carra Rud for beam backs for all our Prem away games.....Charge a tenner, include a drink and pie/sozzy roll. That should lighten the load of the disgruntled.....and also put a few squid in the club coffers......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

The club should open Carra Rud for beam backs for all our Prem away games.....Charge a tenner, include a drink and pie/sozzy roll. That should lighten the load of the disgruntled.....and also put a few squid in the club coffers......

Yep, limit the number of seats to 500 and sell 1000 tickets

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

The club should open Carra Rud for beam backs for all our Prem away games.....Charge a tenner, include a drink and pie/sozzy roll. That should lighten the load of the disgruntled.....and also put a few squid in the club coffers......

Beamback Membership program?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Yep, limit the number of seats to 500 and sell 1000 tickets

and only have 170 pies and no sozzy rolls......and drink served in a thimble......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Beamback Membership program?

 

 

Sounds an excellent idea, put it to the NCFC board......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Would be a tad harsh on the season ticket holder I know who used the buy back scheme only to find out at the next home match that an away fan sat there 🙂

But in that case it would be the member who purchased the ticket🙃

I'm sure if you look at the t&c it will state that home match tickets are for home fans only. It will also say that memberships are not transferable. 

I'm pretty sure the same applies for away tickets. Whether the Liverpool fans managed to get membership to buy their tkts or if they were sold on by Norwich members or memberships were sold to touts should make no difference. The membership allocated to the seat they were in should be cancelled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

This seems to be a common and valid objection to the current membership scheme. Am I right to say it is in contravention of the terms and conditions of ticket sales?

 

If so, can we start a campaign to get non-Norwich supporters thrown out? Some will be obvious - if we point them out to stewards, will they be ejected? If this is effective it might put other glory hunters off trying to buy tickets in the future.

 

Or am I either over-reacting, or going to end up getting thumped by a Man U fan?

My Liverpool ticket said:

The Terms and Conditions available at www.liverpoolfc.com. These state:

1. Issue of Away Match Ticket

1.1 The issue of an Away Match Ticket and subsequent access to the Ground is subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry.

1.2 Away Match Tickets are for the use of supporters of the Visiting Club only. By applying for the Away Match Ticket and/or using the same you hereby warrant and represent that you are a supporter of the Visiting Club.

So a home fan sitting in an away seat is in contravention of those Ts and Cs. Whether these would be enforced by stewards is another matter entirely.

Clause 3 of the Ts and Cs governs the resale of away tickets, basically preventing anyone from selling them on for anything above the face value. This would seem to make the selling of tickets by touts illegal, though I'm not sure whether the FA ever investigate this.

I would imagine that most, if not all football clubs have similar Ts and Cs. Perhaps for anyone who witnessed the Liverpool fans in the away end it would be worth bringing it to the attention of the FA and the Premier League. 

And also pointing this out to NCFC. I'm not sure whether they are bound, under the Ts and Cs, to do any checks to make sure that they are selling to Norwich fans, not home fans or touts.

 

In fact I've just sent a message to the club to see what checks they made to ensure that tickets were sold to Norwich fans, not Liverpool fans.

Edited by Mr Angry
Added last paragraph
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lharman7 said:

Over-reacting.

Me, my brother and a friend had to endure away seats at Portaloo Rd once.

Was hard to contain ourselves every time we scored in that 5-1 drubbing!

We obviously behaved ourselves but boy was the car bouncing as soon as we closed the doors!

Its ok in my book as long as they are respectful.

Yep, agree 100%, trouble makers whoever they support should be ejected and if the situation dictates , prosecuted.  Twenty something years ago I unexpectedly  ended up in Norfolk for the weekend, city were at home to Huddersfield,  I phoned the ticket office explained the situation and reserved a ticket/ seat. South stand, no problem. As I was alone I just sat back and enjoyed the  atmosphere which bubbled up nicely as city went one ,then to up, after the second ,which I of course celebrated,more exuberantly than the first ,I was approached by mrs Plod, saying, very gently that I had to move," why , " says I.  "Because they up  there want you out", I turned ro see the huddersfield  crew making gestures at me. I had been oblivious to the fact I'd been sold an away suuporters ticket . Now my Norfolk accent has never been right strong but in no way  is my accent Yorkshire  or even Northern. I was never asked by the ticket office who I supported. Genuine mistake all round. Mind you got the biggest cheer I've ever had in my life  and was welcomed  into the Naaarich section after being escorted  by mrs and now two mister plods back to the green and yella bit. Final score 2 nil city. If only there were spare seats at the carra nowadays , like there was then😜, fans seated in the wrong areas could be moved rather than ejected.  I bear no ill will towards the club,  Huddersfield  or the plod family for the above incident.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yep, agree 100%, trouble makers whoever they support should be ejected and if the situation dictates , prosecuted.  Twenty something years ago I unexpectedly  ended up in Norfolk for the weekend, city were at home to Huddersfield,  I phoned the ticket office explained the situation and reserved a ticket/ seat. South stand, no problem. As I was alone I just sat back and enjoyed the  atmosphere which bubbled up nicely as city went one ,then to up, after the second ,which I of course celebrated,more exuberantly than the first ,I was approached by mrs Plod, saying, very gently that I had to move," why , " says I.  "Because they up  there want you out", I turned ro see the huddersfield  crew making gestures at me. I had been oblivious to the fact I'd been sold an away suuporters ticket . Now my Norfolk accent has never been right strong but in no way  is my accent Yorkshire  or even Northern. I was never asked by the ticket office who I supported. Genuine mistake all round. Mind you got the biggest cheer I've ever had in my life  and was welcomed  into the Naaarich section after being escorted  by mrs and now two mister plods back to the green and yella bit. Final score 2 nil city. If only there were spare seats at the carra nowadays , like there was then😜, fans seated in the wrong areas could be moved rather than ejected.  I bear no ill will towards the club,  Huddersfield  or the plod family for the above incident.

In both the Ipswich game and your Huddersfield game the tickets were available and brought directly from the home club. That's a very different scenario to what happened at Liverpool or tickets being sold on for a game at a sold out Carrow Road.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

In both the Ipswich game and your Huddersfield game the tickets were available and brought directly from the home club. That's a very different scenario to what happened at Liverpool or tickets being sold on for a game at a sold out Carrow Road.

 

i Get that Nuttyo, i also get that things are more regulated nowadays. Slowly but surely the squeeze will be put on people profiteering and touting...(.known over here as Scalping, much more descriptive.) as technology and tracking identifies the actual miscreants.

I have sat next to opposition supporters and enjoyed their company and the game(Brighton), i have also been threatened , intimidated and had my car vandalised( Shalke). The problem is not the Supporter per se, its the shortage of seats available and unscrupulous people willingness to sell to the highest bidder. 

A well behaved supporter should not be penalised for ending up in the wrong area, but the people who knowingly put them there( by selling on)  should be. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×