Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Another impressive stat from Friday’s match

That is a decent read - it’s certainly true that this ‘outcome bias’ determines how many reports are written.  Obviously it is a scoreline/result/goal-based business, but there is a lot more going on underneath that is missed by far too many.

18 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That is a decent read - it’s certainly true that this ‘outcome bias’ determines how many reports are written.  Obviously it is a scoreline/result/goal-based business, but there is a lot more going on underneath that is missed by far too many.

result ?

get with it Daddio

it is outcomes

just as Pukki is our top offending player, especially when he plays on top

hit me with that groovy newspeak......err, man

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

result ?

get with it Daddio

it is outcomes

just as Pukki is our top offending player, especially when he plays on top

hit me with that groovy newspeak......err, man

Bill, it doesn't matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...(or is that stationary???)

• Haha 3

At last, somebody, who is not a Norwich fan, sees and tells it like it was.

If only the pundits had the insight, knowledge and the bravery to see past the actual scoreline instead of being blinded by the light.

"Would you continue to back a team that’s won 10 consecutive games 1-0 if you knew they had been out-shot in every game? You wouldn’t, so why ignore the evidence which is largely available?"

Cant really agree with this, we might have had more shots but how many of them were actually chances?

Like Salah from 8-10 years, Clean header from VVD, Header 8 yards out from Origi, Pukki with a clear opening - They are chances.

And not mentioning the chances Liverpool missed in the second half.

Cant think of too many more chances Liverpool allowed us to have, Stepi had 3 long-ish range efforts, Leitners shot that hit the bar wasnt really a 'chance'

As much as I was really proud of our efforts and don't think the score really reflected the game, I think had it have been 0-0 at HT, Liverpool would have created more 'chances' and won the game.

Edited by CDMullins

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

As much as I was really proud of our efforts and don't think the score really reflected the game, I think had it have been 0-0 at HT, Liverpool would have created more 'chances' and won the game.

But last season we were always stronger in the second half and that looks set to continue. Also, if it had been 0-0 at half time, Liverpool would have been disappointed and starting to feel the pressure. 

People talked about Villa "running themselves into the ground" against Spurs, but that didn't happen with us.....we kept our fitness right to the end.....one of the reasons they couldn't hold out against Spurs and we did more than hold out against Liverpool. Different kinds of matches, maybe, but still we came out of our game with plenty of credit in the end. 

50 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

, Leitners shot that hit the bar wasnt really a 'chance'

Eh? 5 cm lower and it would have been a goal. How is that not a ‘chance’?

40 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Eh? 5 cm lower and it would have been a goal. How is that not a ‘chance’?

Doesn't mean it was a 'chance' if a player hit the crossbar from halfway, it wouldn't be a chance would it?

Edited by CDMullins

53 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Doesn't mean it was a 'chance' if a player hit the crossbar from halfway, it wouldn't be a chance would it?

In my book it would. We’ll have to agree to differ on this one.

We'll have to...

Couldn't imagine walking out of a game saying "God if only Stepi took his chance, we'd have won"

Referring from a shot from the half way line.

Surely it still has to be considered a “chance” to score. For example, imagine the goalkeeper had gone AWOL and Steipi shot from the halfway line but missed. Surely you would be saying “if only Marco took his chance...”

22 hours ago, CDMullins said:

"Would you continue to back a team that’s won 10 consecutive games 1-0 if you knew they had been out-shot in every game? You wouldn’t, so why ignore the evidence which is largely available?"

Cant really agree with this, we might have had more shots but how many of them were actually chances?

Like Salah from 8-10 years, Clean header from VVD, Header 8 yards out from Origi, Pukki with a clear opening - They are chances.

And not mentioning the chances Liverpool missed in the second half.

Cant think of too many more chances Liverpool allowed us to have, Stepi had 3 long-ish range efforts, Leitners shot that hit the bar wasnt really a 'chance'

Can't say I agree with you here CDM. Their first wasn't even a chance and Leitners effort was not hugely different from Salah's save a touch wider but actually created by our good play rather than a lucky richochet. Trybull had a header from a corner as well first half. Stiepermann's first chance from the Pukki pull back was a reasonable opportunity and Hernandez had a good chance as well (especially had his first touch been better). In addition Pukki had a great chance where he was played through first half and tried to chip the keeper and was wrongly flagged offside.

Indeed I've still not seen any kind of explanation as to why our players were wrongly flagged offside on 3 occasions in that game in very tight calls when my understanding is that linesman are under a dictat not to flag marginal offsides but wait for the VAR check. I would be interested to know what the outcome is if a player is flagged offside, runs through and puts the ball in the net only for VAR to show it was onside. Does the goal stand in those circumstances and what happens if the defensive team have stopped or eased off because they have seen the on field flag?