Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

West Ham tickets

Recommended Posts

Lucky you, I've got the Priority window, but due to others in my group I have to wait 'till tomorrow, to ensure we all go. I hope there's some tickets left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope we win this one, not least because my brother is a Hammer and in pre season he said that he'd never heard of any of our players and that we'd need to spend to survive. 

God, I hope we do a number on them....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Just purchased mine system today worked as smooth as you like

cant wait

OTBC 

Yes, apart from my usual glitch in not remembering my password all went well.

Good luck to all in the queue tomorrow.  If you get the option from what I've been told Lower Tier tickets have a better view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The away game I was most looking forward to...now just happens to be when I'm away although the Ryanair Pilots are doing their best to balls that up for me too. 😡 Double Turds!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been offered a hospitality ticket, (unfortunately no colours and sitting in the home end) but it will be one less in the queue tomorrow morning.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody spotted at West Ham wearing a half and half scarf should have their membership cancelled without a right of appeal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

So there are about 7000 going for the remaining 2200 tickets tomorrow 

let the carnage begin 

I think we’re getting 2800 so leaves just 2050 after close of play today. No wonder people who managed 8 or 9 aways last year are peed off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure this has been covered before, but can anyone enlighten me on the relative merits of website, phone or ticket office? I'm planning on logging onto the website at 9am, and I'm aware that the phone line was a bit of a lottery... did anyone go down to the ticket office in person? Does anyone know what proportion of the tickets are reserved for buyers in person and/or what the queues were like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm sure this has been covered before, but can anyone enlighten me on the relative merits of website, phone or ticket office? I'm planning on logging onto the website at 9am, and I'm aware that the phone line was a bit of a lottery... did anyone go down to the ticket office in person? Does anyone know what proportion of the tickets are reserved for buyers in person and/or what the queues were like?

Why have we only taken 3000 ?

Guess the club have our £50 now don’t give a toss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I think we’re getting 2800 so leaves just 2050 after close of play today. No wonder people who managed 8 or 9 aways last year are peed off.

There is a way of beating the odds for tickets if you are clever! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Why have we only taken 3000 ?

Guess the club have our £50 now don’t give a toss

I’m sure we’d take more if we could but under Premier League rules we’re only allowed what we’re given. 

It’ll be the same at Old Trafford and their capacity is 75,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Why have we only taken 3000 ?

Guess the club have our £50 now don’t give a toss

PL rules are 3000 or 10% of capacity which ever is the least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm planning on heading down the ticket office in the morning, assuming this will be the best chance, was thinking I'd rock up about 8am and wait. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lincsy88 said:

I'm planning on heading down the ticket office in the morning, assuming this will be the best chance, was thinking I'd rock up about 8am and wait. 

Did you (or anyone else) do that for Liverpool tickets? Just trying to gauge if it's worth going down that route or just playing the 'fastest finger first' lottery on web ticket sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Did you (or anyone else) do that for Liverpool tickets? Just trying to gauge if it's worth going down that route or just playing the 'fastest finger first' lottery on web ticket sales.

I didn't mate. I had to work so couldn't make the Liverpool game. I am just thinking I'm off work tomorrow it surely won't be as busy as phones/internet so why not just go down there even if I have to kick about for an hour or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

I didn't mate. I had to work so couldn't make the Liverpool game. I am just thinking I'm off work tomorrow it surely won't be as busy as phones/internet so why not just go down there even if I have to kick about for an hour or so. 

I couldn't make Liverpool either. I have a meeting in town starting at 9.30, so don't think I can risk it unless I know I'm going to be right near the front of the queue... guess I'll just stick to the web. Would be interested to know what the queue is like, though - good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Feedthewolf said:

I couldn't make Liverpool either. I have a meeting in town starting at 9.30, so don't think I can risk it unless I know I'm going to be right near the front of the queue... guess I'll just stick to the web. Would be interested to know what the queue is like, though - good luck!

Same to you buddy. I will come on here after and let you know how I get on, fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Year of the tiger said:

PL rules are 3000 or 10% of capacity which ever is the least

This makes you wonder why the club sold 7,000 away memberships when at tops we are only ever going to get 3,000 tickets for Premier League games.

Money spinner nothing more and nothing less.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No - you,will always sell more memberships than you have tickets, there’s no way of knowing who can/can’t go to a game or who will/won’t want to go. It’s the same process often used in giving out tickets to (usually free) events - plenty won’t use them and if you reach capacity you just stop allowing entry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

No - you,will always sell more memberships than you have tickets, there’s no way of knowing who can/can’t go to a game or who will/won’t want to go. It’s the same process often used in giving out tickets to (usually free) events - plenty won’t use them and if you reach capacity you just stop allowing entry.

3 thousand memberships for 3 thousand tickets and allow a week for those to be claimed and then if there are tickets left over put them on general sale. It will stop the farce that will take place at 9am in the morning with everybody at exactly the same time attempting to access the system by laptops and phones not forgetting some that will get up at silly o'clock to get to Carrow Road waiting for the doors to open.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

This makes you wonder why the club sold 7,000 away memberships when at tops we are only ever going to get 3,000 tickets for Premier League games.

Money spinner nothing more and nothing less.

Good God you're sharp.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

3 thousand memberships for 3 thousand tickets and allow a week for those to be claimed and then if there are tickets left over put them on general sale. It will stop the farce that will take place at 9am in the morning with everybody at exactly the same time attempting to access the system by laptops and phones not forgetting some that will get up at silly o'clock to get to Carrow Road waiting for the doors to open.

That's more like sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what it boils down to. An elite group of 3,000 fans and everyone else gets the scraps.

This system is far from perfect but a closed shop of 3,000 would be worse. Who gets to choose the elite 3,000?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That's what it boils down to. An elite group of 3,000 fans and everyone else gets the scraps.

This system is far from perfect but a closed shop of 3,000 would be worse. Who gets to choose the elite 3,000?

Makes the £35 memberships a waste of time/money though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

With 2 and half weeks to go until the game could they really not have staggered the sale dates for another two days?... fans who went to 5-9 games last season....then 0-4....then members?

....shame on you Ben Kensall for not thinking this out clearly

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×