Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

West Ham tickets

13 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Alternatively invite all 7000 onto the pitch at The Carra and shoot 4000 of them. 

And the remaining 3000 get lifetime bans for entering the field of play.... You're a standard member aren't you! 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Alternatively invite all 7000 onto the pitch at The Carra and shoot 4000 of them. 

There would be a big row about who gets shot first

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

I have asked for a refund... I wonder if I will get it... 

Could you clarify please ? Is this a refund of the £50 and stay a member or is it to cancel your membership ? Not a trick question I am genuinely interested.

57 minutes ago, capricorn1 said:

Do you feel strongly about it because you think it's unfair or because under the old system you were higher up the pecking order for first dibs on a ticket?

The new system is fairer, all be it with several significant quirks that need to be ironed out.  I rarely went to an away game due to the lack of availability of tickets and because I couldn't get to more games I couldn't build up more points meaning I was permanently locked out of the system.  At least under this system everyone who wishes to participate has an equal chance.  

You say it's fair because you couldn't previously get tickets but only 1 of the first 20 games last season was not put on general sale & even Ipswich went down to 500 points before selling out. 

18 minutes ago, Norfolkn Good said:

It’s a coach company. They put 1 person in the queue at 4am, buy 40 tickets, charge those 40 a fee for the lack of sleep..

not against the rules but of course not really fair

Do hope it's not the coach driver that's in the queue.......sleep deprivation an' all that....."TIREDNESS KILLS!"...... 😴

2 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

I have asked for a refund... I wonder if I will get it... 

Will you have to send your lovely silk scarf back though?

57 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Bet they daren’t put Izal greaseproof in there.....

That's also a smear on the club.....

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Surely the 750 take priority then shoot us in order of last years loyalty points. 

4 minutes ago, Van wink said:

North Korean style......Use anti-aircraft guns......

So, the limit online is capped to 10.

The limit if you go and queue up is 50??! Absolutely bonkers imo.

26 minutes ago, Norfolkn Good said:

It’s a coach company. They put 1 person in the queue at 4am, buy 40 tickets, charge those 40 a fee for the lack of sleep..

not against the rules but of course not really fair

With this, does the coach company have to obtain 40 membership numbers of those wanting to go? I would have thought so, otherwise they wouldn't be able to go.

I feel this is just as bad as being a tout. Charging people (for the pleasure of not getting up) and then making bank from others misfortune.

LAME.

There is already on general sale on west ham official site.

Plenty of tickets but only on higher end and of course with home fans around 🙂

This game was on my must list and I buy w ham priority for 30 GBP to have chance for ticket at lower end.

Its not best to be silent on our goals but is better than not attend the match at all ...

Great venue and plenty of goals can be as I hope most of them on hammers net!

19 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Will you have to send your lovely silk scarf back though?

how about I slip it into the mailbox drenched in....oh wait, get hold of yourself Rob :classic_dry:

17 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

North Korean style......Use anti-aircraft guns......

Yes strapped to a canon, beats the usual half time fun.

23 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Could you clarify please ? Is this a refund of the £50 and stay a member or is it to cancel your membership ? Not a trick question I am genuinely interested.

Refund of the 50 £ , I want to be a member with a supporters number...but I ain't paying for nothing that won't get me what I initially paid it for.

I know Saturday should be all about getting behind the team, but a chorus of “£50 you’re having a laugh” on 50 minutes would at least let the board know how many people are p1ssed off with this system

• Like 3

For my sins I believe this to be nothing but a money grab by the club. Yes I got the tickets I wanted.

However, I like most on here think the £50 just to join the queue is a rip off. Couple that with the £35 membership scam, again a money grab. This will be re-enforced when the club confirm there will be NO refunds, sorry RBF

I only managed a couple of away games last year, and not much more a carra (ill health). As such the old points system did not help me, but it was fairer to those who went to a greater number of away games than this current abomination.

As for having to join two membership schemes, did I say this was a money grab

24 minutes ago, Boris said:

There is already on general sale on west ham official site.

Plenty of tickets but only on higher end and of course with home fans around 🙂

This game was on my must list and I buy w ham priority for 30 GBP to have chance for ticket at lower end.

Its not best to be silent on our goals but is better than not attend the match at all ...

Great venue and plenty of goals can be as I hope most of them on hammers net!

Don't worry ,you won't be alone!😉👍

• Like 1

I know it's less than ideal but there are still a fair few tickets available in the rest of the stadium. Costs nowt to register (tho £42 to become a member)...

The only away game I will be able to attend apparently , will be my pub team's...no membership needed...just the fare of a taxi to get home :classic_dry:

17 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

Refund of the 50 £ , I want to be a member with a supporters number...but I ain't paying for nothing that won't get me what I initially paid it for.

Thanks for the clarification.

My stance in an email I am about to send as well. 

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Thanks for the clarification.

My stance in an email I am about to send as well. 

I got a refund out of the club less the £1.50 booking fee.  That said it was only a couple of days after purchasing and before the season started. 

As someone who kicked off so much over it, I felt it was hypocritical of me to then have one. 

3 hours ago, Diane said:

I thought in a recent interview he'd already held his hands up and said that they had got some aspects wrong which is why they are holding meetings with fans over the next month to see how they can amend it for next season. Whatever scheme they had you would moan Tilly🤣

Some aspects is an understatement but they still carried on with it even before Liverpool went on sale.

I used the words : atrocity , disgrace , unjust,... in the complaint I logged on the website too... I think they will need 7000 colleagues to answer all the complaints logged in the next few days...

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Some aspects is an understatement but they still carried on with it even before Liverpool went on sale.

They only apologised for not consulting on it properly and the fact people were annoyed at that. They have never acknowledged that they have got the system wrong, in fact quite the opposite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Il Pirata said:

The only issue is some games will be more desirable than others. So the games may have to be graded. But even with match grading, the system can still be made to work and be fair to all members. 

I think you mean elite games as opposed to graded ? 😜

I stuck my tongue out and did a fart as I drove past the stadium.....sounded worse in leather seats......protest is protest......

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

They only apologised for not consulting on it properly and the fact people were annoyed at that. They have never acknowledged that they have got the system wrong, in fact quite the opposite. 

Kensall can do no wrong in some eyes,a bit like McNally and look how that ended.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Kensall can do no wrong in some eyes,a bit like McNally and look how that ended.

Yeah, but until Ben has a beer in the Nelson with the Nelsonettes......He ain't got no cred!...... 😉