Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

West Ham tickets

4 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

If we are I shall buy you a pint! 

It would only be polite for me to buy you one back! I can see where this could end up, unless LDC catches us.

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Would love somebody to provide a link, I have searched everywhere and nobody seems to have an exact figure so that makes me assume there was no release of the figure ?. Why advertise for yet more members the week before it closed if there were already 7000 for 3000 tickets ? Unless of course the 7000 did not even include the automatic 750 in which case it’s 7000 for 2250 tickets ?

https://canariestrust.org/2019/07/19/trust-quarterly-meeting-with-ben-kensell-on-18th-july/ 

The Trust requested up to date figures on memberships and these currently stand at:

7873 home memberships sold (of which 1561 are Standard)

6973 away memberships sold (of which 245 are Standard)

Ben explained that the consultation process on next season’s membership scheme will start in September and will involve a series of meetings, perhaps one with fan groups, another prioritising those who complained to the Club, and another with a selection of fans from each stand. Details to be announced soon.

I was 100% that I would not buy two memberships so bought a priority home membership but after the failure to get a Newcastle ticket through the membership scheme and being fairly certain I wouldn't get one for the Chelsea game through the scheme, I phoned up the club and asked to swap it for an away membership - and they agreed. 

I wonder, has anyone tried to cancel their membership altogether and get their money back?

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Just because I don't think having an elite group of fans getting first choice on tickets until they choose not to go or die doesn't mean I think what's happening now is fair.

There you go again using the word elite as you could have just said having a group of fans.......

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

There you go again using the word elite as you could have just said having a group of fans.......

That's because it's the way I see it. I guess unless "elite" gets the ban hammer you will have to get used to it🙃

59 minutes ago, sillysausage said:

Maybe they should tweek the system for next season so there's just one away membership scheme

then the likes of you would get no priority, you wouldn't be so smug then !

It should be noted that this could well happen.  Kensell has said to numerous people that fans "protected" this year may well not be next.  

40 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Why sell 7,000 memberships when at the most you have 3,000 tickets ? Money grabbing by the Club at £50 a pop and Kensall should have the decency to hold his hands up and say they got it wrong. Of course you will say the Board approved the scheme but of course to blame the majority share holders cannot possibly be done.

I thought in a recent interview he'd already held his hands up and said that they had got some aspects wrong which is why they are holding meetings with fans over the next month to see how they can amend it for next season. Whatever scheme they had you would moan Tilly🤣

Edited by Diane

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Just because I don't think having an elite group of fans getting first choice on tickets until they choose not to go or die doesn't mean I think what's happening now is fair.

I'd suggest the word 'elite' is a pretty loaded term.

For me, the fans who trecked around the country last season going to some decidedly unglamerous locations have earned the right to have first dibs on glamour trips to Old Trafford or Anfield over some johnny-come-lately who just fancies a day trip. I don't think that is elitist at all.

In fact I'd argue a system that requires a person to have £100 to spend on the chance to get tickets for home & away games is more elite than a scheme that rewards previous purchases.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ren said:

It should be noted that this could well happen.  Kensell has said to numerous people that fans "protected" this year may well not be next.  

The club will always look after their loyal fans! 

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That's because it's the way I see it. I guess unless "elite" gets the ban hammer you will have to get used to it🙃

Surprised you have not mentioned St Andrews yet.

42 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

haven't been able to make the first 2 games anyway but this looks like an absolute nightmare. I only hope Burnley isn't as popular and I can sneak away at work to get the tickets sorted. It's only an hour from me as well. If I dont get those I think I'll be asking for my money back.

You will be fine for Burnley - I doubt it will even sell out. In fact, after these first couple of games, I think it'll be fairly easy to get tickets for most games. Unfortunately for the club two of the most popular away games have been first up, which has only exacerbated the unpopularity of the scheme.

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I've somehow managed to get tickets for the first 2 away games....but will this count toward next season?!?

The club said to me they will continue to log all purchases as they have always done so yes it will count toward next season IF there is any kind of system in place based on previous purchase history. As Ren has alluded to above, the club has not confirmed that the 10 away games category will be carried forward after this year. They did not intend to have that at all. It was introduced at the last minute through fear of the backlash after they consulted with the 7 fans.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

What in the same way that they looked after the people that had been to 9 games last season? 

They want to do away with the away season tickets, that has already been highlighted in the fact that they are not taking any more new ones and it has not been agreed yet if attending 10 games plus this year will mean anything next.  

3 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Lol. As long as we are self fan-funded we're all just cogs that work up the balance sheet...

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd suggest the word 'elite' is a pretty loaded term.

For me, the fans who trecked around the country last season going to some decidedly unglamerous locations have earned the right to have first dibs on glamour trips to Old Trafford or Anfield over some johnny-come-lately who just fancies a day trip. I don't think that is elitist at all.

In fact I'd argue a system that requires a person to have £100 to spend on the chance to get tickets for home & away games is more elite than a scheme that rewards previous purchases.

I would suggest claiming loyalty is loaded and divisive.

Oncethe 3,000 most loyal, or elite fans reach the summit will they be building a wall?

40 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Disagree.

It revolves around charging people £50 for something they are not likely to get.

But your point is, you should be more likely to get them because you have been to more games.

Hence you wouldn't keep mentioning how good a fan your are.

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

But your point is, you should be more likely to get them because you have been to more games.

Hence you wouldn't keep mentioning how good a fan your are.

I really don't see how that is controversial though.

Do you go into coffee shops and complain that you should get a free coffee just like the person who had filled up their 'buy 9 get one free' card?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I would suggest claiming loyalty is loaded and divisive.

Oncethe 3,000 most loyal, or elite fans reach the summit will they be building a wall?

How is it loaded and divisive? It is pretty easily measured idea, most businesses operate some form of loyalty scheme.

As for the wall stuff, I don't think even you know what you're rambling about at this point.

• Haha 1

Again its about defining loyalty,

Where it starts and where it ends.

It is incredibly subjective.

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

It didn't seem that controversial last season or all the seasons before where you got points per away game.

6 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

It starts with 10 away games last season it is clearly defined 

3 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

The club have taken my families support for granted, but in reality have sold out like all others before them to the premier league riches and we are not as required as we used to be. I am shocked to see a post on here where it is mentioned that even the last years away season ticket holders were not going to be given priority ? Did it really need some fans to point out this was a risky strategy ?

Had we have known in advance that this system was going to change certainly my son and his friends would have bought an extra couple of away tickets and not gone. When we purchased our Villa away tickets we were even told that the points system will likely be in operation for London games and the likes of Man Utd.

Just now, king canary said:

It didn't seem that controversial last season or all the seasons before where you got points per away game.

The controversy is based around people paying £50 for 'nothing'.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

The club have taken my families support for granted, but in reality have sold out like all others before them to the premier league riches and we are not as required as we used to be. I am shocked to see a post on here where it is mentioned that even the last years away season ticket holders were not going to be given priority ? Did it really need some fans to point out this was a risky strategy ?

Had we have known in advance that this system was going to change certainly my son and his friends would have bought an extra couple of away tickets and not gone. When we purchased our Villa away tickets we were even told that the points system will likely be in operation for London games and the likes of Man Utd.

Cant possibly be true, anyone attending 10 aways were guaranteed a ticket.

Slightly hypocritical no?

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I was 100% that I would not buy two memberships so bought a priority home membership but after the failure to get a Newcastle ticket through the membership scheme and being fairly certain I wouldn't get one for the Chelsea game through the scheme, I phoned up the club and asked to swap it for an away membership - and they agreed. 

I wonder, has anyone tried to cancel their membership altogether and get their money back?

Maybe the Liverpool supporters that managed to get tickets at Anfield in the away end can now ring Carrow Road to switch their membership to a home membership, thus ensuring they get tickets in the home end for the return fixture.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I've somehow managed to get tickets for the first 2 away games....but will this count toward next season?!?

Hope so, but I'm going to say no.

7 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

The controversy is based around people paying £50 for 'nothing'.

Hang on, you said it was about defining loyalty?