Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

West Ham tickets

11 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Oh yeah, I’m off to watch Wroxham play Kirkley and Pakefield tonight in the first preliminary of the FA Cup ( I didn’t buy a membership 😁) so that will give people the chance to give me some good tips 

Friday pm is good for the picks👍

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Maybe that's because I don't see them as any more loyal than other fans.

Do you see them as more loyal than the Liverpool fans who the new system enabled to get tickets? Or someone who's not seen a match in 10 years but fancies a day trip to Old Trafford? As that's who this system puts them on a level with.

The old system wasn't perfect but I can't see how this system can become fairer without basically moving back towards something like the old model.

No I don't. But you and a few others seem to think that anyone who disagrees with the elite group automatically supports the current system despite countless posts to the contrary.

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

No I don't. But you and a few others seem to think that anyone who disagrees with the elite group automatically supports the current system despite countless posts to the contrary.

There we go again, 'elite group.'

Are you going to be giving up your elite season ticket any time soon?

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

There we go again, 'elite group.'

Are you going to be giving up your elite season ticket any time soon?

No. Do you miss yours?

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

No. Do you miss yours?

At times.

If your concern is with an elite group blocking other fans getting to see Norwich play your biggest issue should be season ticket holders. 

Let''s try you with a question Kingo. Do you thing someone who attended 9 away games who lives in Wales is "less loyal" than someone who lives in London who's in the "elite group" because they attended 10?

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

At times.

If your concern is with an elite group blocking other fans getting to see Norwich play your biggest issue should be season ticket holders. 

You see you don't read my posts and then align my views to suit some stupid argument you dreamt up. Let me try again...

I think that the away season ticket holders should be part of a protected species because they committed to buy 21 away tickets last season. I don't think someone who picks and chooses their away games and go to less than half should afford the same rights. 

As with home season tickets where fans commit to go to 23 games whereas others who pick and choose half a dozen. 

I also don't think any of the aforementioned groups are more loyal. Just that the ST holders have more commitment. Both with finance and time.

Edited by nutty nigel

2 hours ago, Felixfan said:

These packs were nothing to do with the club as they were produced and posted by a private contractor to the club’s specifications. Presumably that is why they need to be returned in pristine condition.

What use are they if they are returned ?

Look destined for landfill I'd say

Until last season I had a season ticket, but as I was missing midweek matches and games on the tele, so gave it up !

Now, I have to join the Home Premiers members with thousands of others,  I Do have a Priority Window for Away matches, as I went to enough away fixtures. Unfortunately I go with one or both of my daughters, both who attended 8 matches last season, so I need to now wait till the Away Premier members go on sale, to ensure we go together. I hope they remember who went to last seasons matches next time they decided on another method for tickets. 

If there were 'elite groups', i.e. a priority list such as:

Group 1: 10+ away games last season

Group 2: 5-9 away games last season

Group 3: 1+ away game last season, priority members renewed from last season and STs

Group 4: new priority members

...then I don't think there would be many complaints. Had a new priority member pointed out that they'd be very unlikely to get tickets for any decent away game, I don't think there would be much sympathy from anyone: after all, why didn't they either attend one away game or buy priority for home tickets last season? You could argue that it becomes a closed shop, but at least it rewards loyalty and everyone else has to 'wait their turn'. 

I'm not necessarily advocating this system, but I think you'd get hardly any valid complaints about fairness compared to one where touts, non-Norwich fans and people who have never really supported Norwich before are getting tickets ahead of those who went to several away games last year.

I'm saying this as someone who isn't affected at all by the away ticket system, as I live abroad and have no intention of going to an away game.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Waveney is guaranteed a ticket for every match if he wants one as he is part of the group of 750 who did more than ten games last season

Exactly . He disguises privilege  as achievement.  See his first post in this thread. It was a gloat , not a conversation  starter. 

2 hours ago, ROBFLECK said:

U serious...:classic_wacko: you should see his wife...😍...you would understand...

Looking forward to Til's picture. 

30 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If there were 'elite groups', i.e. a priority list such as:

Group 1: 10+ away games last season

Group 2: 5-9 away games last season

Group 3: 1+ away game last season, priority members renewed from last season and STs

Group 4: new priority members

...then I don't think there would be many complaints. Had a new priority member pointed out that they'd be very unlikely to get tickets for any decent away game, I don't think there would be much sympathy from anyone: after all, why didn't they either attend one away game or buy priority for home tickets last season? You could argue that it becomes a closed shop, but at least it rewards loyalty and everyone else has to 'wait their turn'. 

I'm not necessarily advocating this system, but I think you'd get hardly any valid complaints about fairness compared to one where touts, non-Norwich fans and people who have never really supported Norwich before are getting tickets ahead of those who went to several away games last year.

I'm saying this as someone who isn't affected at all by the away ticket system, as I live abroad and have no intention of going to an away game.

Spot on even if we had to pay for the privilege ensuring Mr Ben would still land his huge bonus.

Its not exactly rocket science ( why mend something that’s not broken ), however somebody earlier in the thread even mentioned Mr Ben did not even think away season ticket holders should get a priority window but got scared of the backlash.

The club has got so much right it feels a bit like everyone's desperate to have a proper kick in at anyone and everyone whilst the opportunity is there.

This idea hasnt worked and wont last past this season, but lets not make out it's the end of the world as we know it.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Let''s try you with a question Kingo. Do you thing someone who attended 9 away games who lives in Wales is "less loyal" than someone who lives in London who's in the "elite group" because they attended 10?

Not hugely no. But I'm yet to see a better way of measuring it than purchase history.

I'm fact in your example, person a and b were only separated by 50 loyalty points if I recall correctly (unless one was a season ticket holder). In the new system person b is now guaranteed first dibs on all tickets while person a is lumped in with all the other thousands who paid £50. 

I consider myself a loyal fan but I got to three games last season. I also consider that someone who invested their hard earned in tickets for 8 or 9 away games last season when it wasn't as glamorous should have a better chance of getting a ticket to the big games than someone like me.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Do you see them as more loyal than the Liverpool fans who the new system enabled to get tickets? Or someone who's not seen a match in 10 years but fancies a day trip to Old Trafford? As that's who this system puts them on a level with.

The old system wasn't perfect but I can't see how this system can become fairer without basically moving back towards something like the old model.

Is there any evidence to suggest this actually happened?

There was a lot of talk about Liverpool fans exploiting the system and getting in the away end at Anfield on Friday. And given the behaviour by some of those, they were rightly ejected. So equally, I won’t be surprised to see more City supporters in our away end this season either.

And with demand outweighing allowance, I also expect to see more City supporters in home sections up and down the country this season. They’ll be plenty hiding their colours at West Ham, of that I have no doubt.

I didn’t buy a £50 away membership this season, there’s realistically only 2 away games that I’ll be able to get to, and I didn’t fancy my chances of tickets through the lottery system at all. It’d almost certainly be money wasted. So i’d rather put that money towards merchandise which I spend a lot on each season. Looks like it’ll be a season of streams for me, I’ll see my team play one way or another.

5 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Is there any evidence to suggest this actually happened?

Yes

5 were arrested. Can’t beleive they were the only ones.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Not hugely no. But I'm yet to see a better way of measuring it than purchase history.

I'm fact in your example, person a and b were only separated by 50 loyalty points if I recall correctly (unless one was a season ticket holder). In the new system person b is now guaranteed first dibs on all tickets while person a is lumped in with all the other thousands who paid £50. 

I consider myself a loyal fan but I got to three games last season. I also consider that someone who invested their hard earned in tickets for 8 or 9 away games last season when it wasn't as glamorous should have a better chance of getting a ticket to the big games than someone like me.

Now I agree that you're as loyal so I don't really understand why you are so keen that these people should be in an elite group suggesting they are more loyal.

Wackys priority groups are well intentioned but are weighted to divide fans who are much the same. The initial bar is too low and again we have someone picking and choosing less than half the games getting the same priority as someone who committed to go to over 20 and more priority than others who went to less than half the games.

Just now, Well b back said:

Yes

5 were arrested. Can’t beleive they were the only ones.

But is there any evidence that these five were members?

As oppsoed to buying off Norwich fans?

3 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

I have asked the club in my email to them the very same question so I will let you know.

5 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

And if they were Norwich fans under the circumstances they should be given a life ban whoever they are

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Wackys priority groups are well intentioned but are weighted to divide fans who are much the same. The initial bar is too low and again we have someone picking and choosing less than half the games getting the same priority as someone who committed to go to over 20 and more priority than others who went to less than half the games.

You're right: my system isn't completely fair on everyone. I haven't given much thought to that list I posted, but at the same time it's certainly a lot 'fairer' than the current system and I haven't seen anyone post a better system which will lead to everyone being happy. 

That's simply because it doesn't exist.

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

And if they were Norwich fans under the circumstances they should be given a life ban whoever they are

Compleltey agree, ticket numbers should be traced.

However at this point the whole 'you've opened it up to home fans buying in the away end'  seems to be another stick to beat the club with, with zero evidence that anyone but NCFC fans have bought memberships and a situation (City fans seilling tickets to home fans) was there pre-new system.

Edited by CDMullins

Here's a really radical suggestion.

Take advantage of the flat £30 prices in the Premier League and sell a limited number of 'packs' of tickets when the fixtures. 10 for £300 or 5 for £150. You select which 10 games you want tickets for and pay upfront, showing commitment and loyalty.