Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

West Ham tickets

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

In a normal world Trading Standards would now have a pile of complaints on their desk and would be carrying out an investigation, there would also probably be letters to that BBC programme. However we love our club and that’s the reason this is not happening. Just as a warning though Mr Ben someone will snap eventually and report the club or indeed trading standards will pick up on social media. It is illegal in this country to charge somebody to buy something they can’t have due to over subscription.

I paid £30 for 'Super Membership' for a good number of years and was sometimes unable to get tickets for home games - intrigued to know how this is any different, other than being a bit more expensive? Pretty sure the new membership scheme didn't come with a guarantee of a ticket for every game, just like the old super membership didn't.

Edited by Excited Canary
  • Like 1

Dissension in the ranks!......Behave yerselves!......We're a self-funding by the fans club......and long may it continue!......HUZZAH!.....

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

In a normal world Trading Standards would now have a pile of complaints on their desk and would be carrying out an investigation, there would also probably be letters to that BBC programme. However we love our club and that’s the reason this is not happening. Just as a warning though Mr Ben someone will snap eventually and report the club or indeed trading standards will pick up on social media. It is illegal in this country to charge somebody to buy something they can’t have due to over subscription.

I have no idea what the law is and suspect the club are just on the right side of it but someone on facebook did make an interesting point yesterday that the fact the phone lines basically can't cope and some people are not able to get physically to Carrow Road to buy tickets on sale dates and that tickets sell out within half an hour online means that some people who cannot be in front of a computer when these tickets go on sale basically cannot obtain tickets.

I know its the same for any major gig like Ed Sheeran where it goes on sale on ticketmaster and sells out very quickly but generally people have not paid £50 for priority in such cases. 

12 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I have no idea what the law is and suspect the club are just on the right side of it but someone on facebook did make an interesting point yesterday that the fact the phone lines basically can't cope and some people are not able to get physically to Carrow Road to buy tickets on sale dates and that tickets sell out within half an hour online means that some people who cannot be in front of a computer when these tickets go on sale basically cannot obtain tickets.

I know its the same for any major gig like Ed Sheeran where it goes on sale on ticketmaster and sells out very quickly but generally people have not paid £50 for priority in such cases. 

They must have known this when buying the membership though?  All of the future ticket sale dates are online. That would be an issue even under a points system for popular fixtures.

20 minutes ago, capricorn1 said:

They must have known this when buying the membership though?  All of the future ticket sale dates are online. That would be an issue even under a points system for popular fixtures.

Not so much of an issue under the points system though because fans in the relevant band had a day or two days in which to apply for the tickets which meant that you could get through on the phone (because there were 500 people trying to get tickets in a 24 hour period not 7000 in half an hour) or you could possibly get down there to the box office at some point during the day. There wasn't this almighty scrum because the club were able to stagger the ticket sales in manageable bands. With this system you basically its all condensed to 40 minutes at 9am on the sale day.

38 minutes ago, capricorn1 said:

Any system that causes a queue at the box office at 6am on a Tuesday is a ****e system.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Not so much of an issue under the points system though because fans in the relevant band had a day or two days in which to apply for the tickets which meant that you could get through on the phone (because there were 500 people trying to get tickets in a 24 hour period not 7000 in half an hour) or you could possibly get down there to the box office at some point during the day. There wasn't this almighty scrum because the club were able to stagger the ticket sales in manageable bands. With this system you basically its all condensed to 40 minutes at 9am on the sale day.

Not true. Tickets sell out for events like Glastonbury in minutes.

The difference here is people have bought memberships to get priority. I suspect the reason the club has “thrown in” things like scarves and shop discounts is so they can argue that the membership isn’t purely about getting tickets in case anyone tries to go legal on the basis that despite membership they’ve been unable to get said tickets. 

43 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

The difference here is people have bought memberships to get priority. I suspect the reason the club has “thrown in” things like scarves and shop discounts is so they can argue that the membership isn’t purely about getting tickets in case anyone tries to go legal on the basis that despite membership they’ve been unable to get said tickets. 

I have no idea how many Glastonbury tickets there are but for the sake of argument let’s say 200,000. You were told to be able to get any of these tickets there was a charge of £50 and for that you will receive a Glastonbury scarf and a picture of lasts years lead act and of course the only way to have the chance of buying a ticket was to purchase the membership. 700,000 people were accepted onto the scheme and 500,000 were therefore left with just a scarf and a picture for their £50. There would be a national outcry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

This could be the truth...I have spoken to a lawyer I met while I was at University. He replied that the 35 £ might not be linked to the membership itself ... it is masked to be the price you pay for the parcel and the card you get. It gives you some sort of priority too...but this priority is in vain because so many memberships were sold. There should have been a cap he says... If someone wealthy would take the club to court , it would be a tough one to win ....

Edited by ROBFLECK

1 hour ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Tickets arrived this morning, have to say the ticket office are much more efficient this year in dispatching tickets this season 

Only 17 days more sleeps until the big day......good job they’ve upped their game down in NR1 😉

1 hour ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Tickets arrived this morning, have to say the ticket office are much more efficient this year in dispatching tickets this season 

Tough one to take JC ...I have to admit, my first thought to your smirk yesterday was " I hope they get stuffed 5-0 !" followed a split second later by "this is Ncfc you're thinking about Rob, how dare you!"

Little bit jealous, frustrated and hard done by... You might miss a few  you wanted to go to...but at least you've got a chance...I hardly have one

Waveney is guaranteed a ticket for every match if he wants one as he is part of the group of 750 who did more than ten games last season

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Maybe the bar is set too low. If you went to 10 games you actually turned down 13. 

No, no, next season they will have learnt that a cap has to be set . Only if you actually went to 13 away games , you have the right to apply for a membership ... costing 250 £...

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Sounds like a massive cop out to me. What is an "unused condition" - does that mean unopened? The notion they can't give a refund because the £5 of tat they've included in the pack has been touched does not sit well.

These packs were nothing to do with the club as they were produced and posted by a private contractor to the club’s specifications. Presumably that is why they need to be returned in pristine condition.

I think part of the problem is that the season ticket prices were set before our league status was known otherwise there would have been a considerable increase so we have to balance that against the premier card fees. Notwithstanding that It was badly handled and pleased few particularly the under 10 away match group like myself.

26 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

No, no, next season they will have learnt that a cap has to be set . Only if you actually went to 13 away games , you have the right to apply for a membership ... costing 250 £...

Tbh I wasn't joking. How someone who went to less than half the games can be classed "as loyal" as someone who went to all the games is beyond me. And yet someone who went to 7,8 or 9 games is "less loyal" than someone who went to 10. If you take a step back surely you can see that?

The bar should be much higher if some fans claim to be more loyal than others. Probably 18, which would be 75% of games, and then put the rest of the "elite group" in the second phase scrum.

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Tbh I wasn't joking. How someone who went to less than half the games can be classed "as loyal" as someone who went to all the games is beyond me. And yet someone who went to 7,8 or 9 games is "less loyal" than someone who went to 10. If you take a step back surely you can see that?

The bar should be much higher if some fans claim to be more loyal than others. Probably 18, which would be 75% of games, and then put the rest of the "elite group" in the second phase scrum.

What is loyal Nigel? How about people , who left the country because they met someone abroad and married there (I know someone from Norwich who lives in Denmark with his beautiful wife and had a ST for more than 10 years)? ST for ten years , meets love of his life and a good job, but is now cast aside as not loyal if he wants to go to a game  of his boyhood club. Only people stuck in Naarfolk , never moved , no carreer ambitions, ... but they go to the football...are classed as loyal?

I admit I am generalizing a bit

Edited by ROBFLECK

I don't agree with the term loyal for that very reason. Which is why I said classed as or claim to be. However by not using the term loyal yesterday I was chastised on here. Maybe you could have come to my rescue?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ROBFLECK said:

What is loyal Nigel? How about people , who left the country because they met someone abroad and married there (I know someone from Norwich who lives in Denmark with his beautiful wife and had a ST for more than 10 years)? ST for ten years , meets love of his life and a good job, but is now cast aside as not loyal if he wants to go to a game  of his boyhood club. Only people stuck in Naarfolk , never moved , no carreer ambitions, ... but they go to the football...are classed as loyal?

If he was really loyal he'd have moved his beautiful wife to the fine city and besides, a truly loyal fan's dream job would be any job working within the NR1 postcode so a daily pilgrimage can be taken to the sacred Carra Rud ?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't agree with the term loyal for that very reason. Which is why I said classed as or claim to be. However by not using the term loyal yesterday I was chastised on here. Maybe you could have come to my rescue?

fair point Nigel , I hope you didn't feel offended in any way...I've been quite distraught about this

22 minutes ago, capricorn1 said:

If he was really loyal he'd have moved his beautiful wife to the fine city and besides, a truly loyal fan's dream job would be any job working within the NR1 postcode so a daily pilgrimage can be taken to the sacred Carra Rud ?

U serious...:classic_wacko: you should see his wife...😍...you would understand...

12 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

fair point Nigel , I hope you didn't feel offended in any way...I've been quite distraught about this

Of course not buddy.

I don't think this system is fair. Just think something like it has more chance of being fair than an elite group of "loyal fans" who want first refusal for every game.

17 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Of course not buddy.

I don't think this system is fair. Just think something like it has more chance of being fair than an elite group of "loyal fans" who want first refusal for every game.

You absolutely should have been a politician.

The repeated use of the word elite, the speech marks around loyal fans, classic stuff.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Mr Ben’s definition of Loyalty = Those of you that pay money for something you can’t have just to support the football club.

17 minutes ago, king canary said:

You absolutely should have been a politician.

The repeated use of the word elite, the speech marks around loyal fans, classic stuff.

Maybe that's because I don't see them as any more loyal than other fans.

Don’t want to gang up on you nutty but how do you feel that the new system has more chance of being fair than the old one ?

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Don’t want to gang up on you nutty but how do you feel that the new system has more chance of being fair than the old one ?

I didn't say it had. I said something like it had more chance of being fair than a closed shop of 3,000 elite fans getting first choice every single game. I'm all for rewarding loyalty but if you look at my earlier post you will see where and why I don't agree the bar being set. 

I'm about to post Rays Funds buddy, good luck with the picks👍

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I didn't say it had. I said something like it had more chance of being fair than a closed shop of 3,000 elite fans getting first choice every single game. I'm all for rewarding loyalty but if you look at my earlier post you will see where and why I don't agree the bar being set. 

I'm about to post Rays Funds buddy, good luck with the picks👍

Oh yeah, I’m off to watch Wroxham play Kirkley and Pakefield tonight in the first preliminary of the FA Cup ( I didn’t buy a membership 😁) so that will give people the chance to give me some good tips