Jobsworth Canary

West Ham tickets

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Dragging religion into the argument won't end well......😉

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Dragging religion into the argument won't end well......😉

Yeah, no bashin' the Bishop!.....

6 hours ago, Well b back said:

We were told the only way we could get a ticket was to buy a membership at £50. We duly obliged. We are season ticket holders who attended 8 away games last year without any ticketing problems. Couldn’t get tickets for Liverpool and after 40 minutes still in a queue for West Ham guessing we won’t be getting those either. What I am trying to say is if a bank or double glazing company made you pay for something that there was a fair chance you wouldn’t get trading standards would look into it and we would be calling it a scam.

The costs for us of not even being able to get a ticket are mounting if you also consider time of work whilst trying to get a ticket. Bet they won’t be inviting people like us to the consultation.

Did you complain to the club as soon as this scheme was launched? anyone who did is being invited

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

So, the limit online is capped to 10.

The limit if you go and queue up is 50??! Absolutely bonkers imo.

With this, does the coach company have to obtain 40 membership numbers of those wanting to go? I would have thought so, otherwise they wouldn't be able to go.

I feel this is just as bad as being a tout. Charging people (for the pleasure of not getting up) and then making bank from others misfortune.

LAME.

All 40 are members but only one person has to make any effort.  

There will be plenty of groups with 8+ people trying to get the tickets giving them 8x the chance of a single user.  I'm guessing setting the limit at 4 would be fairer - but then they'll be a number of people moaning on here that they're being disadvantaged as there's 5 of them in a family. Cant please everyone

6 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

The club claimed they were bring the system into line with other premier league clubs but that was exposed as completely false. A relatively quick research of what other clubs do reveals that virtually all give some priority to season ticket holders and virtually all have a loyalty points system very much along the lines of the system we have just scrapped. But then for other premier league clubs they don't need the money and are not trying to scr*w every last penny out of their most loyal supporters to fund their owners asset. 

One or two of the smaller clubs that have been up for a while don't seem to have any system for away games and just give some priority to season ticket holders. That's the likes of Burnley and Saints for whom I suspect the novelty has worn off a bit!

perfectley put, have you been invited and going to the consultation

1 minute ago, Norfolkn Good said:

There will be plenty of groups with 8+ people trying to get the tickets giving them 8x the chance of a single user.  I'm guessing setting the limit at 4 would be fairer - but then they'll be a number of people moaning on here that they're being disadvantaged as there's 5 of them in a family. Cant please everyone

Should just be 10, same as it is online. Would likely alleviate a number of issues.

By the way, it doesn't affect me so much as I didn't buy a membership. Also, I have only HEARD that it is 10 online. So I'm basing that on... hearsay! Haha.

1 minute ago, city4eva said:

perfectley put, have you been invited and going to the consultation

I myself have not been invited to the consultation.......but I shall be sticking my tongue out continuously, and drive by farting whilst this consultation is in progress...... PARP!......

3 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Should just be 10, same as it is online. Would likely alleviate a number of issues.

By the way, it doesn't affect me so much as I didn't buy a membership. Also, I have only HEARD that it is 10 online. So I'm basing that on... hearsay! Haha.

I thought it was a limit of 50 online or in person but haven't checked that

3 hours ago, king canary said:

How is it loaded and divisive? It is pretty easily measured idea, most businesses operate some form of loyalty scheme.

As for the wall stuff, I don't think even you know what you're rambling about at this point.

If your definition of loyalty is the standard then why is it not used for home tickets?

3 minutes ago, Norfolkn Good said:

I thought it was a limit of 50 online or in person but haven't checked that

So if 50 people are on friends and family or whatever what happens to the ones who find they can't go? I have never yet organised a trip for 50 people without some dropping out.

• Like 1

So did some people that queued at Carrow Road didn't get a ticket? 

I'm shocked by that, in previous occasions I think the club have held back a large number so everyone that physically goes to Carrow Road gets a ticket. Approx. How many of the people that went to Carrow Road didn't get a ticket?

I doubt this will make you feel better, but for those that didn't get a ticket, I've been to the London stadium to watch football and it is the worst ground i've ever been to. Zero atmosphere or football experience. Miels from the pitch etc. Upper tier is bloody miles away.

19 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If your definition of loyalty is the standard then why is it not used for home tickets?

Because season tickets exist. Although by your logic they're probably elitist too.

3 minutes ago, Bicks said:

I doubt this will make you feel better, but for those that didn't get a ticket, I've been to the London stadium to watch football and it is the worst ground i've ever been to. Zero atmosphere or football experience. Miels from the pitch etc. Upper tier is bloody miles away.

Totally agree, plus it takes an hour to get back to the tube because they shut off pedestrian access through Westfield shopping centre.

Heard an interesting snippet this afternoon

not all the away allocation is offered to the away members. A sizeable number are kept back for players family and friends, senior figures at the clubs guests. Employees of the clubs who don’t have to go on the members scheme

i do not know if the players tickets are limited in number but I am aware of one player who has an allocation for this game of 12 tickets. Someone I know is a recipient of one of these tickets and is a Man Utd fan 

8 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

If I were you I would go in to the ticket office and ask for either a refund or add another £15 and have premier membership 

Having a premier membership drs not guarantee you away tickets. There were people in the queue at Carrow Road this morning WHO DID NOT GET TICKETS.

there were also some in the queue who were getting bloc tickets for other premier members, some over 30!

It was not necessary they were linked to your own account (as the max number you can have linked is three) just had to have their membership card and customer number. This seems wrong to me and is something the club need to address imo.

• Like 1

To the best of my knowledge players to lets are not necessary free. I believe they get x free but the opportunity to buy y more  I think it was 2 and 2 at Anfield.

19 minutes ago, Year of the tiger said:

My query with the coach driver getting his 40 odd tickets is this. Yes he has the requisite memberships but are the tickets going to those people?

You could say the same for every ticket. I'm sure plenty have let others use their memberships. Regarding this gentlemen though, if he did buy 40 tickets with 40 memberships that is unfair. It should be the same maximum as what it is online - 4

15 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Heard an interesting snippet this afternoon

not all the away allocation is offered to the away members. A sizeable number are kept back for players family and friends, senior figures at the clubs guests. Employees of the clubs who don’t have to go on the members scheme

i do not know if the players tickets are limited in number but I am aware of one player who has an allocation for this game of 12 tickets. Someone I know is a recipient of one of these tickets and is a Man Utd fan 

This has been the case for years and will be the case at every club. Players will get x amount free but some players won't have anyone going to the game so will let others use their tickets. I know players used to get 4 free tickets for every home game but that was 10+ years ago.

In the south stand, central area there are often free seats which are the players seats which they don't always use.

I would guess at least a few hundred tickets for every big away game will got to players/staff at the club. It will all die down in time though in my opinion.

Edited by Bicks

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

So if 50 people are on friends and family or whatever what happens to the ones who find they can't go? I have never yet organised a trip for 50 people without some dropping out.

The maximum number of friends and family is three isn’t it? I had to take one off when I added someone as it would not let me add a fourth at all.

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

The maximum number of friends and family is three isn’t it? I had to take one off when I added someone as it would not let me add a fourth at all.

That would make sense buddy. I haven't got any on mine💧

1 hour ago, Norfolkn Good said:

That's how I got mine in the end - six of us going, and one person got lucky.

Still think the system is unfair, and feel really sorry for those who missed out today.

I think the club should be more transparent about how the system is working or not - as someone said elsewhere, demand will always outstrip supply, so however you do it some people will miss out.

Those people who didn't apply for tickets (whether due to work, holidays, finance, ill health or whatever) obviously won't be complaining to the club/on social media, but it would be interesting to know exactly how many people applied. It might be, for example, that only 3,000 of the 7,000 members applied, so only 1,000 missed out on the c2,000 tickets available - which makes the club's judgement of the system slightly better than if more than half those with Premier away memberships missed out. Similarly, it may be that as the season progresses we don't actually sell out our entire allocation from Premier memberships alone; we're all just guessing, really. 

The club really needs a good PR exercise around the next layer of consultation, rather than just paying lip service to seven fans as it did when rolling out the scheme initially. It leaves such a sour taste that the club could act in such a profit-driven manner after one of the happiest and most unified seasons in our history.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

That would make sense buddy. I haven't got any on mine💧

Well makes sense NN. I had three on mine and on attempting to add a fourth it would not allow. It’s something the club need to address imo. I was in the queue this morning at Carra and was amazed at the amount of people purchasing many tickets. I.e. 30 plus. All they needed was the premier card and/or supporter number, the supporter didn’t have to be linked to the purchasers account. That to me is wrong I’m afraid and no wonder they run out so quick. Makes a farce of anyone being linked by account, and in essence makes it very easy for the purchaser to sell on the tickets! 

There has to be a simpler way to reward loyalty!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

I have six on my account:

677078562_Annotation2019-08-13175302.jpg.7878cf858ce27daa81db60e475d114ab.jpg

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

That’s very interesting FtW. I attempted to change mine this week and it defo made me remove one of three before letting me add another.

thanks for the info. I’ll speak to the club. 

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

And to think you moan about Waveney . 😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's how I got mine in the end - six of us going, and one person got lucky.

Still think the system is unfair, and feel really sorry for those who missed out today.

I think the club should be more transparent about how the system is working or not - as someone said elsewhere, demand will always outstrip supply, so however you do it some people will miss out.

Those people who didn't apply for tickets (whether due to work, holidays, finance, ill health or whatever) obviously won't be complaining to the club/on social media, but it would be interesting to know exactly how many people applied. It might be, for example, that only 3,000 of the 7,000 members applied, so only 1,000 missed out on the c2,000 tickets available - which makes the club's judgement of the system slightly better than if more than half those with Premier away memberships missed out. Similarly, it may be that as the season progresses we don't actually sell out our entire allocation from Premier memberships alone; we're all just guessing, really. 

The club really needs a good PR exercise around the next layer of consultation, rather than just paying lip service to seven fans as it did when rolling out the scheme initially. It leaves such a sour taste that the club could act in such a profit-driven manner after one of the happiest and most unified seasons in our history.

There are 7000 premier members FtW. Not sure how many there are at standard level at £35, but quite simply they won’t get a ticket tomorrow at their window, and there will also be 0 for general sale.

2 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

There are 7000 premier members FtW. Not sure how many there are at standard level at £35, but quite simply they won’t get a ticket tomorrow at their window, and there will also be 0 for general sale.

I know that will be the case for the West Ham game, I'm just talking about how the system will pan out as the season evolves - West Ham is likely to have a far higher percentage of Premier members applying than most other games. I'm just saying let's see how quickly the tickets sell out for - for example - Everton away at the end of November. There will be fewer people missing out, that's for sure.

6 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Surprised you have not mentioned St Andrews yet.

I guess you could have had elite memberships to your shindigs at the Andrews. Maybe those who had been to all the previous ones could have front row seats. Or perhaps a free pint in the festival house. Did you even offer a badge?

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I guess you could have had elite memberships to your shindigs at the Andrews. Maybe those who had been to all the previous ones could have front row seats. Or perhaps a free pint in the festival house. Did you even offer a badge?

We embraced all fans at St Andrews not just NCISA members Nutty. This current issue is a major problem and i am surprised a supporters group has not grasped the nettle and called a fans meeting without waiting for the future consultations organised by the club. After all it appears they are handpicking the participants for that already.