Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

West Ham tickets

Eh?

The million dollar question as to 'who should be entitled to tickets first' is about defining loyalty.

The controversy is because they've charged everyone £50 for 'nothing'.

Edited by CDMullins

2 hours ago, sillysausage said:

Maybe they should tweek the system for next season so there's just one away membership scheme

then the likes of you would get no priority, you wouldn't be so smug then !

To be fair Waveney does go to almost every game home and away so deserves to be at the front of the queue. He doesn't do himself any favours by immediately telling us he's got his ticket without a jot of sympathy for those left in the scrum who are almost as deserving as he is.

5 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Eh?

The million dollar question as to 'who should be entitled to tickets first' is about defining loyalty.

The controversy is that anyone can now pay £50 for as good a shot at a ticket as all bit 750 fans.

4 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Eh?

Spot on, I think really we are trying to make the same points.

To quote the club when they launched this scheme ‘ We have capped tickets at £30 ‘ not true away tickets are capped not by Norwich at £30 but by the premier league. They went on to say ‘ This lower cost will mean more people will want to go to away games due to the lower cost ‘ If they really beleive that then I am shocked. I am under the impression that it’s because they want a day out at Anfield or Old Trafford to name but a few. 

In 55 years of supporting this club I can count on one hand the times I have been negative about the club often getting ridiculed for standing by them. I will apologise but I feel so strongly about this and the club have got this totally wrong. The least they should do is refund the £50 fee and apologise. 

1 hour ago, Matt Juler said:

Good to see the other two promoted clubs have used a logical system.

image.thumb.png.52cfa7f317f960afecb769ea50c0c3a8.png

image.png.9f4cb2277d859995519c9eb36edcb293.png

Bloody elitists 

• Haha 1

In terms of fairness; 

of the 7000 Premier Members, 2250 have been successful in obtaining tickets. Therefore for the next away game the 4,750 Premier members that missed out are put to the 'front' of the queue - or better still have an earlier priority window. This is surely the only logical and fair way to spread the tickets out across all the paying members? 

As for the standard memberships, they should be either be refunded or asked to pay £15 extra for a Premier membership - before dropping 'premier' from the away membership title. 

Edited by Il Pirata

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Spot on, I think really we are trying to make the same points.

To quote the club when they launched this scheme ‘ We have capped tickets at £30 ‘ not true away tickets are capped not by Norwich at £30 but by the premier league. They went on to say ‘ This lower cost will mean more people will want to go to away games due to the lower cost ‘ If they really beleive that then I am shocked. I am under the impression that it’s because they want a day out at Anfield or Old Trafford to name but a few. 

In 55 years of supporting this club I can count on one hand the times I have been negative about the club often getting ridiculed for standing by them. I will apologise but I feel so strongly about this and the club have got this totally wrong. The least they should do is refund the £50 fee and apologise. 

Do you feel strongly about it because you think it's unfair or because under the old system you were higher up the pecking order for first dibs on a ticket?

The new system is fairer, all be it with several significant quirks that need to be ironed out.  I rarely went to an away game due to the lack of availability of tickets and because I couldn't get to more games I couldn't build up more points meaning I was permanently locked out of the system.  At least under this system everyone who wishes to participate has an equal chance.  

1 hour ago, Matt Juler said:

There are still 8 seats left on the VIP Away Day coach at a bargain price of £270 each!

image.thumb.png.7712560ba861229ec32b20fa4104beb8.png

9 if you include the toilet......

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, capricorn1 said:

Do you feel strongly about it because you think it's unfair or because under the old system you were higher up the pecking order for first dibs on a ticket?

The new system is fairer, all be it with several significant quirks that need to be ironed out.  I rarely went to an away game due to the lack of availability of tickets and because I couldn't get to more games I couldn't build up more points meaning I was permanently locked out of the system.  At least under this system everyone who wishes to participate has an equal chance.  

I've got a better chance of getting tickets under this system but I still think it stinks.

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

In terms of fairness; 

of the 7000 Premier Members, 2250 have been successful in obtaining tickets. Therefore for the next away game the 4,750 premier members that missed out are put to the 'front' the que - or better still have an earlier priority window. This is surely the only logical and fair way to spread the tickets out across all the paying members? 

As for the standard memberships, they should be either be refunded or asked to pay £15 extra for a premier membership - before dropping 'premier' from the away membership title. 

Refund £15 to all Premier members so everyone has paid the same, then adopt a version of your scheme. Each member is guaranteed first dibs on (approx) 6 away games, rather than a fastest finger first bun fight. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capricorn1 said:

But it isn't fair if one paying premier member gets to 10 away games, and another with the same membership fails to purchase any. That simply can't be fair. Already there are people who haven't been successful in the first two 'ballots' and others that have got tickets on both occasions. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Does anyone know the maximum number of tickets you can buy if you have the appropriate memberships and details?

There are six of us who want to go, we're all premier away members, and we all have each other's details on our respective Friends & Family. If one of us gets through, will we be able to buy all six tickets? Or is the maximum number you can purchase lower than that?

6 Will be fine - apparently the upper limit is 50

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, capricorn1 said:

No I have been charged £50 for something I have little chance of getting. It was only the last few games by the way that it was difficult to get tickets ( Ipswich excluded ). My wife had no away points at the start of last season but managed 5 away games with no problem.

12 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Bet they daren’t put Izal greaseproof in there.....

Bidet an' a hosepipe.....

10 minutes ago, ZLF said:

6 Will be fine - apparently the upper limit is 50

Are ticket touts restricted to just 50?.......Those entrepreneur folk also have to make a living as well y'know........

• Like 1

""They were fourth from the front before being told they were sold out. Before them, they had seen several people before them buying multiple tickets (30-40) which is really unfair," he said."

Any idea how this can be fair?

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

""They were fourth from the front before being told they were sold out. Before them, they had seen several people before them buying multiple tickets (30-40) which is really unfair," he said."

That's utterly disgusting if true and the club should be made to justify this. 

Anyway.......since away fans in the Prem and away support that visit Carra Rud are only charged £30.00 to attend the games......maybe the financial shortfall has to be recovered by other revenue accruing avenues?.....

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

If all 30-40 have paid their £50 I don't see how it is not fair? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Van wink said:

In my opinion, it's far from fair......Limit it to a dozen tickets then the purchaser of said tickets then has to rejoin the back of the queue whether outside the ticket office, online or on the telephone.....

5 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Pink'un group buy?

Swap family/friends numbers, whoever gets in first can purchase for all of us

I was just about to suggest the same thing. 

16 minutes ago, Van wink said:

It’s a coach company. They put 1 person in the queue at 4am, buy 40 tickets, charge those 40 a fee for the lack of sleep..

not against the rules but of course not really fair

4 minutes ago, Ren said:

So next time there is going to be an issue what we need to do is find some volunteers on here prepared to arrive at CR around 5am. We can pay them say £5 each and 50 of us on each account can become friends and family on their account. They can purchase our tickets and make themselves £250 for their troubles. If we all then do 10 games the maths will work out quite well ie pay £50 with no chance of getting more than a couple of tickets or pay £100 ( £50 memberships and £50 to our new friend  ) and get 10 tickets hassle free. This scheme is just open to be abused. 

Man City select about 5 % of their away following each game. Those tickets have to be collected at the away ground on the day with full ID to shown to prove you are that person. I bet some of those purchasing 30 and 40 tickets will be giving some of them out to non members.

30 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

In terms of fairness; 

of the 7000 Premier Members, 2250 have been successful in obtaining tickets. Therefore for the next away game the 4,750 Premier members that missed out are put to the 'front' of the queue - or better still have an earlier priority window. This is surely the only logical and fair way to spread the tickets out across all the paying members? 

As for the standard memberships, they should be either be refunded or asked to pay £15 extra for a Premier membership - before dropping 'premier' from the away membership title. 

There is the germ of an idea here. Assuming nobody outside the 7000 ever gets a ticket then and assuming there are for the sake of this argument 3000 seats every away game then that equates to 28x3000 or 84000 seats per season. That gives everyone 12 seats per season. 

Knowing that some grounds are smaller it could probably work out at about 8 seats per season but you could be guaranteed preference on your chosen grounds (maybe subject to a lottery if oversubscribed) or you could swap or relinquish. The equations could however change if the premier group is not capped.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Felixfan said:

There is the germ of an idea here. Assuming nobody outside the 7000 ever gets a ticket then and assuming there are for the sake of this argument 3000 seats every away game then that equates to 28x3000 or 84000 seats per season. That gives everyone 12 seats per season. 

Knowing that some grounds are smaller it could probably work out at about 8 seats per season but you could be guaranteed preference on your chosen grounds (maybe subject to a lottery if oversubscribed) or you could swap or relinquish. The equations could however change if the premier group is not capped.

The only issue is some games will be more desirable than others. So the games may have to be graded. But even with match grading, the system can still be made to work and be fair to all members. 

Alternatively invite all 7000 onto the pitch at The Carra and shoot 4000 of them.