Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

West Ham tickets

haven't been able to make the first 2 games anyway but this looks like an absolute nightmare. I only hope Burnley isn't as popular and I can sneak away at work to get the tickets sorted. It's only an hour from me as well. If I dont get those I think I'll be asking for my money back.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Why sell 7,000 memberships when at the most you have 3,000 tickets ? Money grabbing by the Club at £50 a pop and Kensall should have the decency to hold his hands up and say they got it wrong. Of course you will say the Board approved the scheme but of course to blame the majority share holders cannot possibly be done.

But how many should they sell? 3,000 would be too low, you think 7,000 is too high(although according to Matt J’s numbers it’s actually 6,718).

I still believe this will calm down to an extent as the season goes on, apart for games against the “big” or “local” clubs. 

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What would you call a group of 3,000 people who would have first choice to buy tickets for every away game until they either stop going or die?

Loyal fans?

• Like 1

Thing is, I dont mind the priority window as it's probably fair for those most active fans.

What I dont like is that it was added in retrospect so I basically bought the £50 membership under false pretences. Basically 25% of the tickets are already gone before they even hit us 7000.

West Ham don't fill their ground so I'm curious as to why people think touts will be buying away tickets to sell to home fans?

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

But how many should they sell? 3,000 would be too low, you think 7,000 is too high(although according to Matt J’s numbers it’s actually 6,718).

I still believe this will calm down to an extent as the season goes on, apart for games against the “big” or “local” clubs. 

That number was from a week or so before sales finished, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't >7,000.

Just now, Well b back said:

Is there anyone else you would pay £50 to have the only chance of getting something that you are highly unlikely to get ?

Just my football club that I have supported all my life and been fortunate to go to games from the 80's, 90's, 00's, 10's, home and away.

As said I hoped it opened the door for many who never got a chance due to the old system. If I really wanted to go to the away games I would have invested in an away season ticket.

I was not pressurised to get the £50 membership, I and many I discussed it with knew it was still unlikely to get tickets but at least we were putting money into the club.

I know others believed they had more of a chance, potentially entitlement, for tickets by buying it but with increased demand, equal playing field and low allocation it was always going to be hard.

I still try and get a ticket for away games and will vary phone, online and queuing if I am in Norwich to get to a game. But I certainly do not feel entitled.

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

We went to 8 away games last year yet Liverpool supporters seemed to get as much priority as us ? Of course if I have loyalty points to get me on a shorter list and I don’t go the year after I should be removed from that loyalty list.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this system is fair and other clubs fans getting hold of tickets is not just unfair, it's plain wrong.

However trying to form an elite group based on whether you went to a handful of games more than someone else for one season seems unfair to me.

The loyal fans who committed to go to over 20 have been rewarded. 

I wonder how many 'fans' will make the long trip up to Burnley in a few weeks or down to Southampton in the first midweek of December, two games I am hoping to do but I guarantee won't have ques like today, where will all the fans be then!?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Casual fans? I've done over 15 away games every season apart from last due to health reason and now have to go through this lottery, you tell me how that's fair. There should be tiers and no one without a season ticket should even be aloud an away membership 

I don’t want to specifically have a go at you Lincsy, but your post is a good example of the “why doesn’t the scheme cope with my exact circumstances“ complaints that are posted on here. If there a loyalty element, I think I’m right in saying it has previously only applied to the previous season, so now you want to alter it to include several? How many? Should there be a sliding scale where last season’s purchases are worth twice the season before, and twice the season before that? Or what? However it’s done, people will lose out, we have too many fans.

And I’m sure you’ll recognise your season ticket point is unfair to anyone who lives away from Norwich, can’t afford a season ticket or has personal circumstances that mean they couldn’t get to most hone games.

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What would you call a group of 3,000 people who would have first choice to buy tickets for every away game until they either stop going or die?

I think virtually everybody except you Nutty would call them loyal as opposed to elite which you keep using at every opportunity on this thread. That is a devisive expression but i think you know that full well.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think virtually everybody except you Nutty would call them loyal as opposed to Elite.

Where does being loyal begin and end then?

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I don’t want to specifically have a go at you Lincsy, but your post is a good example of the “why doesn’t the scheme cope with my exact circumstances“ complaints that are posted on here. If there a loyalty element, I think I’m right in saying it has previously only applied to the previous season, so now you want to alter it to include several? How many? Should there be a sliding scale where last season’s purchases are worth twice the season before, and twice the season before that? Or what? However it’s done, people will lose out, we have too many fans.

And I’m sure you’ll recognise your season ticket point is unfair to anyone who lives away from Norwich, can’t afford a season ticket or has personal circumstances that mean they couldn’t get to most hone games.

Yep it is a bad point to be honest, I'm just frustrated having in the past done hundreds of away games on the points scheme and for this season to have to scrap for a chance to get tickets.

I think the points system was a fair and good way of doing it, the only change I would have made is that season ticket holders or members don't get extra points for that privilege as like you say a lot of people live away from Norwich and I am not one to say I'm a better fan than you because I do x y and z thats not fair I just feel there had to be something in place like a points or even a 9 games last season away, 8 etc etc to give more of the regular away fans a chance. 

As I say I'm just frustrated I got up really early on my day off and wasted time for what seems like a flawed system, I don't mean to offend anyone or come across as someone who thinks they deserve tickets over someone else. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

I wonder how many 'fans' will make the long trip up to Burnley in a few weeks or down to Southampton in the first midweek of December, two games I am hoping to do but I guarantee won't have ques like today, where will all the fans be then!?

Errr, isn’t that a good thing? (For you).

Just now, nutty nigel said:

With your purchase history which the club abandoned at the drop of a hat.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Why sell 7,000 memberships when at the most you have 3,000 tickets ? Money grabbing by the Club at £50 a pop and Kensall should have the decency to hold his hands up and say they got it wrong. Of course you will say the Board approved the scheme but of course to blame the majority share holders cannot possibly be done.

Its because they are our majority shareholders that the club is having to scr*w the fans out of every penny it can get. "Self funding" as they say or rather "fan funded."

Just massive, massive hypocrisy. Wonder if Little Tommy boy has ever paid for an away ticket (or the private jet they fly to many games in).

• Like 1

Just now, nutty nigel said:

It doesn't.

It works on a sliding scale, like before.

The idea there is no difference between a fan who went to zero games home or away last season and another who went to all the home games and 10 away games is laughable. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

haven't been able to make the first 2 games anyway but this looks like an absolute nightmare. I only hope Burnley isn't as popular and I can sneak away at work to get the tickets sorted. It's only an hour from me as well. If I dont get those I think I'll be asking for my money back.

Burnley will be fine I would think although the following may be inflated by those who've not been able to get tickets for other games going to it.

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Millions dollar question;

That the whole membership debate revolves around.

Edited by CDMullins

13 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

The 7,000 Priority memberships sold have been mentioned many tines, so presumably the club have told us?

Would love somebody to provide a link, I have searched everywhere and nobody seems to have an exact figure so that makes me assume there was no release of the figure ?. Why advertise for yet more members the week before it closed if there were already 7000 for 3000 tickets ? Unless of course the 7000 did not even include the automatic 750 in which case it’s 7000 for 2250 tickets ?

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

My only concern about the system employed by NCFC is the thoroughness of the checks when selling memberships and ensuring that tickets sold do not end up being touted, sold to the likes of Stubhub........

I feel a new thread coming on...

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

Millions dollar question that;

That the whole membership debate revolves around.

Disagree.

It revolves around charging people £50 for something they are not likely to get.

10 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Hopefully we’ll both be at Burnley!

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Burnley will be fine I would think although the following may be inflated by those who've not been able to get tickets for other games going to it.

wouldn't be at all surprised if it's not though. I am just kind of glad that most of the northern based games are later on in the season once the novelty has worn off a bit. I'd actually rather they shared the tickets out a bit more, say they allocated me 7 games to go to or something.

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Would love somebody to provide a link, I have searched everywhere and nobody seems to have an exact figure so that makes me assume there was no release of the figure ?. Why advertise for yet more members the week before it closed if there were already 7000 for 3000 tickets ? Unless of course the 7000 did not even include the automatic 750 in which case it’s 7000 for 2250 tickets ?

It was given to the fans groups when they met with the club. As said above this was a couple of weeks before they stopped selling them and was also before the Liverpool ticket sale. I suspect that the fact it became clear from that sale that you would not get a ticket without the premier membership meant that they sold a few more before sales were stopped but the figure of 7,000 must be in the right ball park. 

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Disagree.

It revolves around charging people £50 for something they are not likely to get.

Or £100 if you fancy trying to get home tickets too.

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

It doesn't.

It works on a sliding scale, like before.

The idea there is no difference between a fan who went to zero games home or away last season and another who went to all the home games and 10 away games is laughable. 

Just because I don't think having an elite group of fans getting first choice on tickets until they choose not to go or die doesn't mean I think what's happening now is fair.