Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

West Ham tickets

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

So why exploit us and make money from it ? Whatever scheme that’s fair enough but why exploit over 7000 people plus the £35 membership ? Can’t think of anywhere else I would get charged £50 with what seems a remote chance of getting a ticket. The club lied about other clubs schemes not being loyalty points based ?. If this is not a money making scheme why not say we will refund your £50s ?. The club know supporting a football club is in the blood and you will do anything to get to see your club. The club have taken the likes of my family for a ride. Norwich is our life at weekends and never thought I would hear myself saying this but I am beginning to wish we never got promoted so we could carry on watching the team we love every week.

Mr Kensell you should look at what you have created, that has put a number of supporters like us on a downer. I would love to at least know what our £50’s are being spent on or will it just form part of your bonus ?.

To be fair to Ben Kensell he is quite open when you speak to him about this that this was driven partly in order to increase commercial revenues from memberships  (not entirely driven by it but it was clearly one of the objectives). If you email him he has called back quite a lot of fans and discussed it with them to give him his dues.

26 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

They may has well have an auction for the tickets. 

The only true fair option...

See how much people really do support Norwich.

Let the willy waving commence.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Online, 9am.

Same as me then, apart from I logged in sooner at 8.58am. But took 40 mins to get through to a sold out page. 

3 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Same as me then, apart from I logged in sooner at 8.58am. But took 40 mins to get through to a sold out page. 

That’s interesting, I had 1 browser open at 8:45 and at 10:29 it gave me the sold out page ? 

The fans who attended less than 10 away games last season have been shafted. The points system worked well and rewarded those fans albeit in tiers so you knew where you stood. Surely the Away Premier membership could have been tiered instead of putting 7000 fans in the same pot. 

Luckily I managed to get a ticket via internet after being in a browser queue for 30 minutes and having two phones on repeat which did not even make the queue.

The system is flawed and badly thought out and one wonders how loyalty will be rewarded going forward.

12 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

To be fair to Ben Kensell he is quite open when you speak to him about this that this was driven partly in order to increase commercial revenues from memberships  (not entirely driven by it but it was clearly one of the objectives). If you email him he has called back quite a lot of fans and discussed it with them to give him his dues.

You must have his email address ? Please could you provide it ?

thanks

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

You must have his email address ? Please could you provide it ?

thanks

If you call the club they will give it to you. I'm not sure its fair to put it on here although I'm also sure its been put on here in the past by others. 

I lived in Belgium for a while and only came over in the holidays. In 2010/11 promotion season , the tickets were sought after and it was not easy to get to away games, but you at least had a chance! 

This system is just not fair to people, who are true fans , but live abroad or are say, working abroad . And then we have the money factor. The "richer" IT'ers amongst us will have had their PC's ready to attack at 8.45 this morning...

I am very frustrated at the way things have been organised... I am at work this morning, and just couldn't get online early enough

22 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

The system is designed to reward the loyal fan and these get sold on the first day 

todays lottery is designed for the more casual fan and it seems fair that all casual fans have an equal chance on getting a ticket

Casual fans? I've done over 15 away games every season apart from last due to health reason and now have to go through this lottery, you tell me how that's fair. There should be tiers and no one without a season ticket should even be aloud an away membership 

2 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Casual fans? I've done over 15 away games every season apart from last due to health reason and now have to go through this lottery, you tell me how that's fair. There should be tiers and no one without a season ticket should even be aloud an away membership 

I don't agree...everybody deserves a chance...this would create a class system

The club need to come out today and apologies for making such a fundamental error.  Nothing can change this season since 7,000 people have paid up for the away membership, but to continue to claim this is the best approach is nothing short of moronic. 

24 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

The system is designed to reward the loyal fan and these get sold on the first day 

todays lottery is designed for the more casual fan and it seems fair that all casual fans have an equal chance on getting a ticket

Maybe they should tweek the system for next season so there's just one away membership scheme

then the likes of you would get no priority, you wouldn't be so smug then !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

That's what it boils down to. An elite group of 3,000 fans and everyone else gets the scraps.

This system is far from perfect but a closed shop of 3,000 would be worse. Who gets to choose the elite 3,000?

Rebranding loyalty schemes as 'elite' is...interesting.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

I agree Rob Fleck for the same reasons, I have lived abroad and across the UK and I will go to as many games as I can buy merchandise while living abroad and spread the good word of NCFC.

I want more people to have access to see NCFC games, who have moved to the area, are young or have found a love of NCFC while living away and maybe near grounds.

I agreed the scheme had to be changed and I knew my £50 would go to the club with probably a chance I may not get a ticket due to the demand and low allocations.

I will still try and get a ticket for each away game, but I don't expect it.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

I appreciate exiles etc should get a fair chance but this way means people who have never done an away game and are just jumping on the bandwagon get as much chance as someone who has done hundreds over the years but done say only 9 last season, that doesn't sit right with me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matt Juler said:

The club need to come out today and apologies for making such a fundamental error.  Nothing can change this season since 7,000 people have paid up for the away membership, but to continue to claim this is the best approach is nothing short of moronic. 

Absolutely.

And just to show this is not just a money making scam refund the £50 we were made to pay.

4 minutes ago, smooth said:

I agree Rob Fleck for the same reasons, I have lived abroad and across the UK and I will go to as many games as I can buy merchandise while living abroad and spread the good word of NCFC.

I want more people to have access to see NCFC games, who have moved to the area, are young or have found a love of NCFC while living away and maybe near grounds.

I agreed the scheme had to be changed and I knew my £50 would go to the club with probably a chance I may not get a ticket due to the demand and low allocations.

I will still try and get a ticket for each away game, but I don't expect it.

Is there anyone else you would pay £50 to have the only chance of getting something that you are highly unlikely to get ?

12 minutes ago, Matt Juler said:

I dont know the figures, is that 7000 accurate?

If it is I have to say I do feel a bit P1$$Ed off.

The nice box and cravat were all very fine, but what I really wanted for me £50 was a realistic chance of being able to buy a ticket.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

I dont know the figures, is that 7000 accurate?

If it is I have to say I do feel a bit P1$$Ed off.

The nice box and cravat were all very fine, but what I really wanted for me £50 was a realistic chance of being able to buy a ticket.

Yes give or take a few that was a number a few days before they announced they were capping it. Whether there was a last minute rush or not I don't know. 

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

Rebranding loyalty schemes as 'elite' is...interesting.

What would you call a group of 3,000 people who would have first choice to buy tickets for every away game until they either stop going or die?

Just now, Well b back said:

Is there anyone else you would pay £50 to have the only chance of getting something that you are highly unlikely to get ?

I keep giving my wife £50.......hasn't worked yet.........

😉

• Haha 3

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Yes give or take a few that was a number a few days before they announced they were capping it. Whether there was a last minute rush or not I don't know. 

If the club have nothing to hide why not tell us how many memberships and £35 memberships have been purchased ?

37 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Yep, had two of us trying to get tickets and my mate was on earlier but couldn't get through.

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What would you call a group of 3,000 people who would have first choice to buy tickets for every away game until they either stop going or die?

We went to 8 away games last year yet Liverpool supporters seemed to get as much priority as us ? Of course if I have loyalty points to get me on a shorter list and I don’t go the year after I should be removed from that loyalty list.

1 hour ago, Diane said:

Nail on the head, whatever system  they used, there would never be enough tickets for games in the Premier which attracts more away fans, they gave us 3000, Im betting at least 6000 would have liked to have gone. When the glamour ties are over and its Burnley on a wet winters night , there will be plenty for everyone

Why sell 7,000 memberships when at the most you have 3,000 tickets ? Money grabbing by the Club at £50 a pop and Kensall should have the decency to hold his hands up and say they got it wrong. Of course you will say the Board approved the scheme but of course to blame the majority share holders cannot possibly be done.

Edited by TIL 1010

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

If the club have nothing to hide why not tell us how many memberships and £35 memberships have been purchased ?

The 7,000 Priority memberships sold have been mentioned many tines, so presumably the club have told us?

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I keep giving my wife £50.......hasn't worked yet.........

😉

Reminds me of the old joke Lakey - Always pay for **** - it's cheaper in the long run! 

• Haha 1