Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

West Ham tickets

16 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Snap

still says an hour wait. If this was a double glazing company making you pay £50 trading standards would investigate.

Why would you buy a membership to a double glazing company? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Whatever system why charge £50 for something you ain’t likely to get ?

That's why the system should give members a greater chance of obtaining tickets if they've missed out previously. That way the tickets are shared out amongst all members over the course of the season. You get a bit of guaranteed value for the £50 outlay. 

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Does anyone know the maximum number of tickets you can buy if you have the appropriate memberships and details?

There are six of us who want to go, we're all premier away members, and we all have each other's details on our respective Friends & Family. If one of us gets through, will we be able to buy all six tickets? Or is the maximum number you can purchase lower than that?

Too late for West ham but as far as I know the successful caller can purchase as many tickets as they like providing all Friends & Family qualify. I bought three yesterday and I know someone who got five today.

30 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

No matter what ticketing method used demand is far outstripping supply 

Nail on the head, whatever system  they used, there would never be enough tickets for games in the Premier which attracts more away fans, they gave us 3000, Im betting at least 6000 would have liked to have gone. When the glamour ties are over and its Burnley on a wet winters night , there will be plenty for everyone

Just now, capricorn1 said:

Why would you buy a membership to a double glazing company? 🤷‍♂️

We were told the only way we could get a ticket was to buy a membership at £50. We duly obliged. We are season ticket holders who attended 8 away games last year without any ticketing problems. Couldn’t get tickets for Liverpool and after 40 minutes still in a queue for West Ham guessing we won’t be getting those either. What I am trying to say is if a bank or double glazing company made you pay for something that there was a fair chance you wouldn’t get trading standards would look into it and we would be calling it a scam.

The costs for us of not even being able to get a ticket are mounting if you also consider time of work whilst trying to get a ticket. Bet they won’t be inviting people like us to the consultation.

Just now, Diane said:

Nail on the head, whatever system  they used, there would never be enough tickets for games in the Premier which attracts more away fans, they gave us 3000, Im betting at least 6000 would have liked to have gone. When the glamour ties are over and its Burnley on a wet winters night , there will be plenty for everyone

but they have created (and exploited) a legitimate expectation amongst fans who buy the premier away memberships that they will get tickets. Ok it may have been hard for fans who could only go once or twice a season to away games to get tickets for the big/high demand away fixtures in the past but everyone knew the system and it did generally reward loyalty in line with the system that virtually every other premier league club has. All that was needed was a tweak to ensure that season ticket holders did not have such a big points advantage (or any advantage some might say) over members and the rest of the system was fit for purpose. they could release the tickets to fans in bands based on loyalty points and nobody had to go through this ridiculous scrum that sees people missing work or logging in on 4 devices for an hour and a half scrambling just for a chance to get a ticket. Its pure greed and its a terrible system that is inconveniencing everyone. 

• Like 6

How unique is this issue across the Premier League do people think. Most away grounds will be limited to around 2500 to 3000 so almost every club must have a supply and demand issue. Have the club got the system wrong or is a similar membership scheme operated throughout the league? I suppose it’s like any major event, festival, concert. If a product is decent there will be a demand.

1 minute ago, minestrone said:

How unique is this issue across the Premier League do people think. Most away grounds will be limited to around 2500 to 3000 so almost every club must have a supply and demand issue. Have the club got the system wrong or is a similar membership scheme operated throughout the league? I suppose it’s like any major event, festival, concert. If a product is decent there will be a demand.

The club claimed they were bring the system into line with other premier league clubs but that was exposed as completely false. A relatively quick research of what other clubs do reveals that virtually all give some priority to season ticket holders and virtually all have a loyalty points system very much along the lines of the system we have just scrapped. But then for other premier league clubs they don't need the money and are not trying to scr*w every last penny out of their most loyal supporters to fund their owners asset.

One or two of the smaller clubs that have been up for a while don't seem to have any system for away games and just give some priority to season ticket holders. That's the likes of Burnley and Saints for whom I suspect the novelty has worn off a bit!

Just now, Van wink said:

So the 49 minute wait produced FA

BA1C59E4-9DAE-4792-BA02-4DCA3495317E.png

I’m similar still waiting. 

Where were all these people at Birmingham last year and there were loads of empty seats in the away end when we travelled to Borough on a cold night for a late kick off. I feel after supporting this club for 55 years my support has been I have been rewarded by being scammed out of £150 ( 3 of us ).

Any one have the email address to complain to the club please ?

Managed to get mine.

I completely agree that this scheme is a farce and that really all was needed was to reduce the amount of points season ticket holders gained - and potentially add bonus points to your account for attending 5, 10, 15 away games last season.

I would add that I wonder how many will be moaning when the Burnley tickets go on sale, or Southampton on a Wednesday night in December...

7 minutes ago, minestrone said:

Kendall should come and face us and explain where he got this incorrect information from.

Sorry for the whinging about this guys but I really feel I am being taken for a ride by the club I love.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

but they have created (and exploited) a legitimate expectation amongst fans who buy the premier away memberships that they will get tickets. Ok it may have been hard for fans who could only go once or twice a season to away games to get tickets for the big/high demand away fixtures in the past but everyone knew the system and it did generally reward loyalty in line with the system that virtually every other premier league club has. All that was needed was a tweak to ensure that season ticket holders did not have such a big points advantage (or any advantage some might say) over members and the rest of the system was fit for purpose. they could release the tickets to fans in bands based on loyalty points and nobody had to go through this ridiculous scrum that sees people missing work or logging in on 4 devices for an hour and a half scrambling just for a chance to get a ticket. Its pure greed and its a terrible system that is inconveniencing everyone. 

The club are in a no win situation.

No matter how they run it, some/lots are going to miss out -There's no true fair way to do it.

Every argument seems to come down to... Who is the biggest fan?

How do you define loyalty? Purely going to games? Premier League games, or days from Lg1? Over last 3 years or 10/20/30 years? Buying latest kit/season review/gifts in club shop every year? Everyone's circumstances are different and change over the years.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Van wink said:

So the 49 minute wait produced FA

BA1C59E4-9DAE-4792-BA02-4DCA3495317E.png

It’s a shambles. Mine got to 4 minutes wait and has now gone back to an hour, so it’s not even a proper queue system just how good your computer is.

2 minutes ago, minestrone said:

I doubt many (any?!) other clubs have ever scrapped their previous away ticket allocation system with no mention of it being looked at let alone a transition period and then announced the the new one literally a few hours before it was put on sale...let alone announcing it without indicating at all the number of memberships that would be available so creating even more of a rush to get in before it was sold out.

The old system had flaws for sure, but transitional tweaks could have fixed it. The new one is a previously untapped revenue stream* - it'll be interesting to see future take-ups of Academy donations/add-ons, share sales, season ticket rebates and bond opportunities following it's introduction...

* Wonder how much the freshening up at Carrow Road and Colney cost over the summer? A cynic may wonder if it's around £membershipSchemeReceipts with them presumably needing paying before the season started...

I can’t get to West Ham but was wondering if people are trying by phone too? It seemed last time that there were separate pots for online, phone and ticket office.

Almost every other Premier League club with significant away support operate a loyalty points system. We are now in the minority that don't use away points. 

What I don't like is my points total from last season was just discarded. The points should have counted for something when starting this system.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Luckily got 2 tickets. Complete lottery though, as said before.

Online?

What time did you log on?

9 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I can’t get to West Ham but was wondering if people are trying by phone too? It seemed last time that there were separate pots for online, phone and ticket office.

I was told last time that after the tickets sold out online there were still some available by phone (they presumably set aside a certain number) so also tried the phone today but could not get through despite phoning on the dot of 9 and trying again several times. The phone system does not appear capable of dealing with the numbers at present although if you can get through and into the queue I think you have quite a good chance of getting tickets on the phone.

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

The club are in a no win situation.

No matter how they run it, some/lots are going to miss out -There's no true fair way to do it.

Every argument seems to come down to... Who is the biggest fan?

How do you define loyalty? Purely going to games? Premier League games, or days from Lg1? Over last 3 years or 10/20/30 years? Buying latest kit/season review/gifts in club shop every year? Everyone's circumstances are different and change over the years.

So why exploit us and make money from it ? Whatever scheme that’s fair enough but why exploit over 7000 people plus the £35 membership ? Can’t think of anywhere else I would get charged £50 with what seems a remote chance of getting a ticket. The club lied about other clubs schemes not being loyalty points based ?. If this is not a money making scheme why not say we will refund your £50s ?. The club know supporting a football club is in the blood and you will do anything to get to see your club. The club have taken the likes of my family for a ride. Norwich is our life at weekends and never thought I would hear myself saying this but I am beginning to wish we never got promoted so we could carry on watching the team we love every week.

Mr Kensell you should look at what you have created, that has put a number of supporters like us on a downer. I would love to at least know what our £50’s are being spent on or will it just form part of your bonus ?.

I am absolutely disgusted at the club and the ticket office staff. I have just stood at carrow road for over two hours to not get a ticket be put on a waiting list and have some woman behind the counter laugh at me when I said its unacceptable. Someone bought 38 tickets how is this fair? I have done hundreds of away games and never had a problem been to places like Sunderland and Wigan on cold winters nights and this is the reward I get because I could only do 6 away games last year. I bet there are people going to west ham who have never done an away game, this has to change. 

Edited by lincsy88

Based on the stories of the away end at Liverpool and the stories this morning of some people buying large numbers of tickets at the box office I would suggest that several premier away memberships may have been bought by touts or people who may well end up selling on these tickets. 

The system is designed to reward the loyal fan and these get sold on the first day 

todays lottery is designed for the more casual fan and it seems fair that all casual fans have an equal chance on getting a ticket