Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

West Ham tickets

Does anyone know the maximum number of tickets you can buy if you have the appropriate memberships and details?

There are six of us who want to go, we're all premier away members, and we all have each other's details on our respective Friends & Family. If one of us gets through, will we be able to buy all six tickets? Or is the maximum number you can purchase lower than that?

In the que at present. Its qued back to the main reception entrance of the south stand, this membership scheme is just ridiculous. 

My question (probably already been asked on the message board) : WILL I EVER BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A TICKET WITH STANDARD MEMBERSHIP? (at least what do you think?)

thanks for your reply

13 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm sure this has been covered before, but can anyone enlighten me on the relative merits of website, phone or ticket office? I'm planning on logging onto the website at 9am, and I'm aware that the phone line was a bit of a lottery... did anyone go down to the ticket office in person? Does anyone know what proportion of the tickets are reserved for buyers in person and/or what the queues were like?

From what I saw/read;

Liverpool sold out online at around 9.35

But were still for sale by phone at 10.30 - Getting in the phone queue was impossible for me.

Managed to get tickets online at 9.20ish though.

I believe there is a split of tickets by mediums, phone/in-store/online.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ROBFLECK said:

My question (probably already been asked on the message board) : WILL I EVER BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A TICKET WITH STANDARD MEMBERSHIP? (at least what do you think?)

thanks for your reply

Basic math says no.

You're only hope is that we are dreadful and the novelty wears off.

3 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

thanks for your reply

Not a cat in hells chance £35 down the drain 

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

Basic math says no.

You're only hope is that we are dreadful and the novelty wears off.

Well CD...your reply is much appreciated...I am thinking of returning their little box and scarf ... they can have it back if they can't even get me an away game...

2 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Not a cat in hells chance £35 down the drain 

I think that is the case ... My paternal grandfather is a Brentford fan...I might go and watch a championship away game with him while I still can and wait until the novelty wears off like CD said.

The issue (amongst many) with this membership scheme is that its a complete lottery. Tickets served on a first come, first served basis. For fairness, members who miss out on tickets this time should be given a greater chance come the next sale. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

This website is currently closed

Waiting and waiting !

Fastest connection wins?

Love to know how it actually works - like if we're all on that screen now how is it decided who gets in the queue first?

12 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

thanks for your reply

If I were you I would go in to the ticket office and ask for either a refund or add another £15 and have premier membership 

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

If I were you I would go in to the ticket office and ask for either a refund or add another £15 and have premier membership 

I might do that Frank ... we shall see... but like IlPirata says...it's just a complete lottery. Even if I upgrade , I am not guaranteed anything...
Naturally , as a fan I want us to win and can't start hoping for us to lose as CD mentioned...but there should be a fairer way to get more people to enjoy an away game! 

• Like 1

Was refreshing my browser literally every second, and it went straight from 'site closed' to 'more than an hour's wait'. Farcical.

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Was refreshing my browser literally every second, and it went straight from 'site closed' to 'more than an hour's wait'. Farcical.

I think the key is not to refresh once you get the 'site is closed' message.

It seems to automatically put you in the queue, and for me my laptop (which I signed onto first) was in front of desktop, by approximately the same time it took me to sign in on that.

31 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

thanks for your reply

You will probably be able to get one for games like Burnley away or Southampton away. For anything in London, Manchester or Birmingham plus Bournemouth I'd say highly unlikely. 

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Snap

still says an hour wait. If this was a double glazing company making you pay £50 trading standards would investigate.

14 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

For future reference I don't think you should refresh. It seems to automatically put you in a queue. I think if you refresh you go to the back of the queue again. 

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

For future reference I don't think you should refresh. It seems to automatically put you in a queue. I think if you refresh you go to the back of the queue again. 

Although a mate of mine has just said he did refresh and got straight through so who knows. It appears to be quite random!

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

That's what it boils down to. An elite group of 3,000 fans and everyone else gets the scraps.

This system is far from perfect but a closed shop of 3,000 would be worse. Who gets to choose the elite 3,000?

Whatever system why charge £50 for something you ain’t likely to get ?