We’re going to smash Man City 18-1. There, I said it.

Actually that’s probably the odds we’ll get from the bookies for a draw

I would have thought that the reason Liverpool spent 75 mill on Van Dyk is to win more games, more often. 

If you couldn't increase the likelihood of winning more games by investing in the best players, no one would do it. 

While money is no guarantee of quality, the truth is, if you buy enough 50/60 mill players, there's a good chance that you can assemble a very decent Team. 

So, in our case, the fact that Virgil cost more than our entire Team, shows what we're up against when facing these Clubs. 

While LDC'S  claim that we could win is correct, statistics, quality, money, experience all point to it being unlikely. 

Yes all true, but again Stiepermann had two opportunities from just outside the box early on, opportunities we have seen him score last year, so we could have been 2-0 up, not 2-0 down. 

But he didn’t obviously, and Liverpool got some breaks. Reminds me of the old “lucky Arsenal” tag, when you are actually better the breaks seem to fall for you as well. Maybe it’s speed of thought that lets top players exploit errors. 

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Maybe it’s speed of thought that lets top players exploit errors. 

.....speed of thought also costs money 👍

10 hours ago, Surfer said:

Yes all true, but again Stiepermann had two opportunities from just outside the box early on, opportunities we have seen him score last year, so we could have been 2-0 up, not 2-0 down. 

But he didn’t obviously, and Liverpool got some breaks. Reminds me of the old “lucky Arsenal” tag, when you are actually better the breaks seem to fall for you as well. Maybe it’s speed of thought that lets top players exploit errors. 

Watch any game (take last night's Supercup) and strikers - even the so called best - miss easy chances routinely! Those that blame Marco for the two early misses should just take a look around. Of course he'll try and do better as he did later. 

Against Liverpool they got at least 2 'lucky' goals - Hanley's skuff could of gone anywhere (and on another day would of) and the ball that ricochet through again could of gone anywhere else but to the strikers feet. It wasn't our day. By then the game was lost although as a team we did well in adversity!