Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Some things never change

Just now, Aggy said:

Because the last game never gets decent analysis. Compare how long they spent analysing the first few games vs our game. If we were in an earlier slot, there would have been more analysis of our game and they would probably have mentioned the chances we created.

No not having that, if that had of been Arsenal against Liverpool from Friday night it would have definitely got more analysis.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

No not having that, if that had of been Arsenal against Liverpool from Friday night it would have definitely got more analysis.

Well that’s a different point.

Two top six sides playing each other will get more coverage than a top six side stuffing a relegation side. I haven’t said whether that’s right or wrong anywhere in this thread.

Your point wasn’t that though. Your point was that MOTD gave our rivals more airtime and more positive reviews than us. Your reasoning for that was that the BBC has a vendetta against us. My reason was that we played on the Friday not the Saturday.

1 minute ago, Aggy said:

Well that’s a different point.

Two top six sides playing each other will get more coverage than a top six side stuffing a relegation side. I haven’t said whether that’s right or wrong anywhere in this thread.

Your point wasn’t that though. Your point was that MOTD gave our rivals more airtime and more positive reviews than us. Your reasoning for that was that the BBC has a vendetta against us. My reason was that we played on the Friday not the Saturday.

No my point is lack of anything positive or respect, the program runs for a set time with all games shown schedules for analysis too, your point of a Friday is irrelevant as MOTD don’t air a Friday highlight or analysis, so I can’t see you’re point much.

We’ll leave it there Aggy as I don’t see the point of wasting energy on such a point.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Norwich fans seem to have a bit of s victim complex about this at times. "

Agreed. There is no doubt that we don't receive as much coverage or recognition as the "big 6" but that's just the media playing the crowd; they give the larger group of people what they want to see.

We are - on average - no more or less ignored or downplayed than any other team of equivalent fan base.

Christ I don't think I can take a whole season of the endless whining about how the media aren't fair to us.

It was some brief analysis of a game that happened over 24 hours ago, which was over as a contest at half time due to some questionable defending on our part. What else did you all expect?

• Like 1

Some national pundits are surprisingly knowledgeable about us. On The Guardian's podcast preview of the Premier League Barry Glendenning astutely singled out "midfielder Max Aarons" as our key player.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Indy said:

No my point is lack of anything positive or respect, the program runs for a set time with all games shown schedules for analysis too, your point of a Friday is irrelevant as MOTD don’t air a Friday highlight or analysis, so I can’t see you’re point much.

We’ll leave it there Aggy as I don’t see the point of wasting energy on such a point.

It doesn't matter if MOTD have a highlights show or not. The fact remains that anyone with a keen interest in football will have already seen the highlights and analysis on another channel or online, so they don't particularly want to see it all again.

A lot of fans have a chip on their shoulder about this. Had Derby, West Brom or whoever else gone up, they wouldn't have received any more favourable coverage than us (unless Lampard was still in charge of Derby). A team like Leeds would've received more coverage as they have more fans nationwide than us.

I think it's a psychological thing that fans naturally want to see more coverage of their team in the national media than other sides of a similar size, because they're obviously biased towards their own side. The national media balance it out based on how many fans that team has or how interested the neutrals are. 

There is no national agenda against Norwich.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Indy said:

MOTD don't do detailed analysis of the Friday game for the same reason that the Sunday papers don't do detailed reports on games that didn't happen on Saturday- it's old news in the modern media climate and the analysis has all been done.

Also, we lost 4-1 and we're out of the game at half time. How positive would you expect them to be? 

• Thanks 1

If anyone thinks most of the national media would have bothered to do any research into how Norwich has transformed over the past 2 years is naive. Of course no one cares. It would require an ounce of work to do a bit of digging. I think it puts us in better stead anyway. Ever the under dog. #ignorethenoise 

What Shearer said about Pukki standing in the wrong place for a throw in was hilarious and just about sums up the MOTD crew. 

Carragher on Sky said twice about our goal, "it's more than they deserve!" don't think he meant it. 

They"re ex-players not experts and how Lineker deserves such a massive share of my license fee is beyond me. 

Would be better if they rotate the host of MOTD, use people with a bit of footy sense but have two real analysts not shearer and Wright? 

A referendum of the people on lineker and his wages would surely oust the smug arrishool.

16 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Would be better if they rotate the host of MOTD, use people with a bit of footy sense but have two real analysts not shearer and Wright? 

A referendum of the people on lineker and his wages would surely oust the smug arrishool.

Would be better if they actually brought in people who understood the current game. Lineker, Shearer, Wright, Lawrenson etc make no effort just pick out points to have a moan about. 

Carragher was never going to be anything but pro-Liverpool but interesting when. Neville had a pop at him and said how they both continually moan about teams parking the bus so how can they then moan about us going there and being positive. 

I hadn't watched MOTD since we were last there and after Saturday I'll not bother again, I can watch the goals on Sky highlights. 

• Like 1

Interesting if you watch the highlights on the Pink Un it looks like we gave it a good crack, I know it's Chris Lakey's job to talk us up but it's no different from the usual suspects talking us down. 

10 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Interesting if you watch the highlights on the Pink Un it looks like we gave it a good crack, I know it's Chris Lakey's job to talk us up but it's no different from the usual suspects talking us down. 

I'm more interested in whether the opposing manager says anything about us, ok maybe the Dortmund thing plays a part but Klopp was positive about us before and after and his comment about us being cheeky was maybe an indication about how we were trying to play even when 4 down. 

1 hour ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I hadn't watched MOTD since we were last there and after Saturday I'll not bother again, I can watch the goals on Sky highlights. 

Yep, me too.  haven't watched it for years but against my better judgement I watched it Saturday, partly to get more of a handle on other teams and what we might be up against, but the puppets (or should that start with an "m") in the studio looked so jaded - it's a tired format with people on there who have very little to say - and the banter is about as entertaining as watching paint dry.

But.......I'll probably be there watching it on Saturday again.........🙄

20 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yep, me too.  haven't watched it for years but against my better judgement I watched it Saturday, partly to get more of a handle on other teams and what we might be up against, but the puppets (or should that start with an "m") in the studio looked so jaded - it's a tired format with people on there who have very little to say - and the banter is about as entertaining as watching paint dry.

But.......I'll probably be there watching it on Saturday again.........🙄

Agree but I'll not bother again. 

I'm only really interested in the highlights and I can get that from Sky.