Just now, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

No VAR for handball?

Radio London calling it a spurs penalty?

By the new rules I was sure it was going to be given 

you could say it was an unatural body position, but not as if he was dangling his arm out, could go either way I guess so they go with the ref

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think they were confused by the most stupid posers hairstyle ever as the sub came on

stripes

I wish we were playing Spurs. So many more opportunities to play our game. Liverpool just limited us throughout. 

Looking at the results today, i have to say we did ok last night and we are not bottom

38 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

Villa's approach is probably the sensible one to take - keep it tight, park the bus and try to get something on the break or from a set piece. So far it's worked perfectly for them.

And the flip side is that you can soak up the pressure, defend heroically and still get beaten. I know which approach I prefer.

• Like 2

Credit to Villa that have played well but haven’t come up against a team anywhere near the level we did and have still lost 3-1. Shows how ruthless this league can be because for 70 minutes of this game Spurs were garbage 

1 minute ago, Peanuts said:

And the flip side is that you can soak up the pressure, defend heroically and still get beaten. I know which approach I prefer.

this just been discussed on Radio London

They called the Spurs - Villa game the flip side of our game last night

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Really cant see where theres £130m on the pitch for villa?!

Heaton played well

We've seen in this division time and time again - you can't sit back for 60/70 minutes and expect to get much from the game. As soon as they took Wesley off there was absolutely no hold-up play or forays into Spurs' half, and it was extremely unlikely that Spurs weren't going to get a golden opportunity at some point.

I prefer our approach and think it will bring us success this season, but we certainly need to find a bit of balance and steel so we can do what Villa did for shorter periods of time.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

Spurs have had over 30 shots 😱 and 14 corners to 0! Madness

Edited by Carn

4 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

I'd rather lose the fight by being knocked out whilst uncontrollably windmilling than covering up, never laying a glove on the opposition but losing on points.