2 minutes ago, Carn said:

Spurs have had over 30 shots 😱 and 14 corners to 0! Madness

They did but that’s stats for you because for 70 minutes of the match they couldn’t hit a barn door!

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

this just been discussed on Radio London

They called the Spurs - Villa game the flip side of our game last night

Yet the outcome is the same. Villa will take positives from their game just as we did from ours, but at this level a moment of skill, an unlucky bounce or a lapse of concentration and the ball ends up in your net. 

Great point for Sheff Utd too.

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Really cant see where theres £130m on the pitch for villa?!

Only four new signings started the match

Indeed...I'd be concerned at shelling out that outlay but only 4 of them starting

For £130 million I would be disappointed if I were a Villa fan. They were overun and flattered by only conceding three. 

BBC comment

Jonny Micklewright: Norwich played attacking, entertaining football last night and lost 4-1. Villa put 11 men behind the ball and still lost 3-1. I know what team I'd rather watch.

• Like 1

So parking the bus didn’t really work! How many shots did Spurs at their worst have?

Mings was damn good, as much as he’s a thug and wouldn’t really say I would want him here at City, but imagine him and Godfrey together, pretty good partnership?

9 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

According to Jamie Rednapp Villa and Sheffield U won’t have a problem staying up

Ludicrous to give an opinion on such things after 1 game! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

According to Jamie Rednapp Villa and Sheffield U won’t have a problem staying up

I can't understand why so many feel the need to have such a kneejerk reaction. It's been one game, how can anyone's chances of staying up be judged upon one game.  You can get a good feel or give good signs of the season to come, but for him to say they won't have a problem is stupid. Does that mean West Ham are definitely going down?

( I fancy us and Sheff Utd to stay up, but not Villa. That is just a feeling, not a judgement)

Edit - beat me to it; great minds JF...

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I can't understand why so many feel the need to have such a kneejerk reaction. It's been one game, how can anyone's chances of staying up be judged upon one game.  You can get a good feel or give good signs of the season to come, but for him to say they won't have a problem is stupid. Does that mean West Ham are definitely going down?

( I fancy us and Sheff Utd to stay up, but not Villa. That is just a feeling, not a judgement)

Edit - beat me to it; great minds JF...

Totally agree with you there - in my opinion you can’t judge a team until midway through the season unless they have had a really good/poor run. Say we beat Newcastle and pick up at least a point out of our games against Chelsea, West Ham, and Man City. What could we possibly look like after the following 4 games against Burnley, Palace, Villa, and Bournemouth?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

I think I agree with him, but he forgot to add Norwich to his list. If I were a Southampton fan I would be worried. Looking forward to seeing how Newcastle get on tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Technically six started. There were four 'new' signings plus £26m Mings and £8m El Ghazi, who had their loans made permanent.

I clearly haven't been paying attention over the summer - Villa paid £26m for Mings????

I'd have said they would have been robbed paying £6m, so hopefully they will turn out to be this season's Fulham.

14 hours ago, Ian said:

We've seen in this division time and time again - you can't sit back for 60/70 minutes and expect to get much from the game. As soon as they took Wesley off there was absolutely no hold-up play or forays into Spurs' half, and it was extremely unlikely that Spurs weren't going to get a golden opportunity at some point.

I prefer our approach and think it will bring us success this season, but we certainly need to find a bit of balance and steel so we can do what Villa did for shorter periods of time.

I agree and I’m hoping that when Zimm/Klose are fit and Amadou is up to speed that that is exactly what we will have, Amadou and Leitner or Vrancic for me in the middle.