Very interested to see how this one goes, Villa the fifth highest spender in Europe this window!

For a team that's spent a supposed £134 million, I'd argue their Championship squad was stronger. Tuanzebe and Abraham would walk into this team,

image.thumb.png.c2e13cea04f0c286430a53463c8f44b6.png

Just now, Van wink said:

perhaps they are overwhelmed by the occasion😉

No mention of their naivety from the commentary team. Strange.

1 minute ago, Peanuts said:

No mention of their naivety from the commentary team. Strange.

im sure they will learn from the experience

Its great having a geniune interest in the PL again, last couple of seasons Ive not really been that keen to watch games, but for some reason the interest is rekindled.

I wonder if Keith has a keen interest in this one 😀

Edited by Van wink

I’ve never seen so many dives, yes spurs are bloody awful, just shows how far away the top two are! 4-1 at Liverpool looks a decent result in the grand scheme of things.

Spurs are probably the best of the rest, so fair play to Villa. Spurs really should of scored though and I'd be surprised if they don't in the second half

Bit of a lucky goal from a long punt but can't deny they've defended resolutely and made life difficult for Spurs. Don't look like a team who'll struggle this year.

Villa's approach is probably the sensible one to take - keep it tight, park the bus and try to get something on the break or from a set piece. So far it's worked perfectly for them.

Sitting very deep and looking comfortable. Not sure Spurs look capable of breaking them down at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

Villa's approach is probably the sensible one to take - keep it tight, park the bus and try to get something on the break or from a set piece. So far it's worked perfectly for them.

I'm not sure it's parking the bus- they have let spurs have the wide areas though and been solid in their positioning without the ball.

Just now, king canary said:

I'm not sure it's parking the bus- they have let spurs have the wide areas though and been solid in their positioning without the ball.

defending very well to be fair

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

Not far off, they've got a bank of 4 and 5 behind the ball at all times, and are defending deep on the edge of their own box. Doing a very good job though, pretty sure we wouldn't be able to manage to play this way.

Just now, Ian said:

Not far off, they've got a bank of 4 and 5 behind the ball at all times, and are defending deep on the edge of their own box. Doing a very good job though, pretty sure we wouldn't be able to manage to play this way.

Useful ability to have if used sparingly though. However I'm glad we didn't make a massive change it our playing style.

There were a few moans at Steips last night, but blimey Spurs efforts on gaol are Ip$hitian

Edited by Van wink

Just now, Van wink said:

there were a few moans at Steipslast night, but blimey Spurs efforts on gaol are Ip****ian!

Sissoko putting it out for a throw in from 6 yards a particular highlight.