Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Is this the start? or just a little winning streak?

Well, well, well!

Yes - I was one of many who said worthy should go a few weeks back.

Yes - I watch every home game and we still look poor at times

Yes - The second 45mins versus the Saints was the best for a long time. (but the saints were poor)

SO .....

Is this the start of a great winning or unbeaten run that will get us in the:

A> Playoffs?     B> Catch Sheffield Utd? (we have no chance of Reading they are the Norwich, Sunderland, Man City of the past years)

OR .....

Is this just a lucky streak?

Is this so called mind thearpy bloke really working at the club, making the players bond.

Confidence must be high now that we have beaten the Saints and S. utd at their Home! the so-called unbeatable blades!

I myself  HOPE its a winning/unbeaten run going to the end of the season, we can beat anybody in the league when we play football, and we now have the confidence.
The only problem I can see now is - ASHTON, surley he will go to a big prem club. If he goes to west brom/portsmouth/Birmingham then hes a fool. It must be Man city/Everton/Bolton etc.. This may mean we struggle for goals again? Who can we buy? who will come?

As for GREEN ... I hope he leaves. Hes had a great time at Norwich but its now effecting his World Club ambitions. If he''s in the Prem then Sven will pick him. If not then James will go instead. We still have good keepers.

AS for HUCKS ... I think he''ll stay. We love Hucks, and he knows it. He''s not like he use to be , but he''s older now.  At Norwich he''s a star. At Liverpool etc .. he''s just another name.

..... Just a few little points for the new year.

Any thoughts???????????????

Cheers

i was also calling for his head but not now.  I still have my problems (cloggers over class) poor tactics altho i think he has fluked over a good system finally - it took 23 games.  And favorite players, fortunatly the headless chicken is out for a month. Paul McVeigh has finally got some games (like i and many othyers have been calling for for weeks) and we now start winning.

MAJOR PROBLEM - ASHTON if he goes we are up S*** creek.h

i feared the worst yesterday, i thought it was a major gamble playing robbo our right and bringing charlie into centre midfield where it hasn''t worked out at all before - 1 down and i thought they''d get more, but the team has bounceback again like last year in the prem and won''t give up now.We defended well yesterday under pressure and essentially smashed and grabbed with speculative balls converted cleverly by mcveigh and deano.3-1 down, sheffield did nothing after - which shows they''re in a difficult patch right now.To answer your question, it looks like city on getting back to their old selves and have got to keep it going.  Burnley are in form and will provide a test, especially as akinbiyi owes us big time for all the taunts he had from past carrow road visits.if we''re in top 10 by year end -  we might even keep deano - which in current form and in combo with mcveigh and hucks look a potent strikeforce.

I think that our season will be decided by whatever happens with Deano. He''s found his form again and his goals - IF we can carry on on providing the ammunition for him - will be massive for us.

However, he will go for the right amount (and listening to Neil Adams last night, you sense that a deal''s already been done). Who do we then buy to try to replace him? A creative midfielder and someone like Trundle or Eastwood (a proven goalscorer) may help. 

The only problem is, what if we keep Deano and he gets injured for a couple of months?

The point is, Paul, that we should be able to buy two or three good players with the money from the Deano sale, so we''ve got less chance of each of them being injured at the same time as Deano has. 

My main concern is that Worthy''s forays into the transfer market - apart from the No-Brainers such as Hucks and Ashton - have been less than impressive. Hughes and Jarrett spring to mind.   

Well just got back from London trip at Christmas.

No Snow in London. (bonus)

Didn''t go to Sheffield Utd. Game or Burley at Home. (only 2nd game I''ve missed for a long time.)

Thanks for the current replies ....

Reference your thoughts.....

1. Where does Neil Adams and the crew think Ashton is going?

2. A win at home against Burley is good. Still don''t think that a top ten finish will help the Ashton issue though. He as good as gone.

3. Keep on going .... Its a long way to 2nd spot but its only halfway through the season.

As long as we win I don''t care much more who''s in charge, If we want worthy out it will never happen. So whatever goes ....

Cheers for the replies

i think that 2 more wins at the weekend and ashton may stay.  if we can prove to him that we are going to challenge properly this second half of the season there is an outside chance he will stay.

it would be a huge blow to lose him - he is the biggest talent we have had at the club since bellamy.