Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Membership Scheme Last Night.

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Does this mean that a lot of the Away memberships were sold to Liverpool fans, who have no interest in buying tickets for the rest of our away games? In which case, 2 positives:

Some will have been unable to get a ticket, meaning £50 profit for NCFC, and more chance of NCFC fans getting tickets for the remaining away games.

Trouble is, those Liverpool fans can now try to buy tickets for West Ham, Tottenham etc & sell them on at a profit.

Re foreign voices I know of at least 5 wives & several sets of parents of our players, none of whom were born in U.K. who were in the away end

2 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

This is the point surely we should have checked how long have they had a Customer number and their purchase history.

cleary this didn’t happen 

Well I did say "if that's the case". Now it seems that may not be the case. 

I hope NCFC identify those within this new scheme who decided to sell on are handed a harsh lesson to nip this in the bud before we travel to the likes of Man Utd and Spurs etc.

The club should introduce a condition that tickets that for whatever reason cannot be used by the purchaser are returned and not sold on. The penalty should be a 3 year ban from the membership home or away scheme.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I hope NCFC identify those within this new scheme who decided to sell on and not go to the game are handed a harsh lesson to nip this in the bud before we travel to the likes of Man Utd and Spurs etc.

The club should introduce a condition that tickets that for whatever reason cannot be used by the purchaser are returned and not sold on. The penalty should be a 3 year ban from the membership home or away scheme.

Unsure how club would be able to identify sold on tickets as no means of identity shown on tickets

Surely they would know by the seat number.

This is not a new thing. I remember at Chelsea in 04/05 we were offered money for our tickets outside the ground 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

This is the point surely we should have checked how long have they had a Customer number and their purchase history.

cleary this didn’t happen 

They have done this in the past, i'm based in Kent and before I had a season ticket they checked I had a purchase history in the ticket office/club shop before I could be allocated a ticket.

This does feel like a bit of a money grab by the club if opposition fans are being sold them. 

Now, if a fan happens to live in Liverpool then fine and they should be allowed to purchase a membership...but only after certain criteria are met first.

I wonder if these memberships have been purchased not by Liverpool fans themselves but by professional resellers who will then try to purchase away tickets for all the big games to sell at a profit. I don't know if the club has measures in place to prevent this (previous purchase history etc) but given how much tickets at the big clubs go for on the secondary market I can see it being worthwhile for touts to try to get hold of tickets this way.

I’ve just been looking at the West Ham away situation. Why do they only allocate 2,800 away tickets? It would be bad enough in any ground that seats 60,000/66,000 but we all paid for their stadium!

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

I don't know where exactly the away supporters were, but someone I follow on Instagram had this posted. Comps! for what looks like the away end based on the pics. Otherwise Norwich fans in the home section.

810371590_Norwich(2).thumb.png.3ea45f93a76f35e583a4a2a5fa897759.png1999761549_Norwich(1).thumb.png.1dc9f863bc318a36da3a4da42f176dd6.png

Remember last time we were in the Premier, there were ManU and Chelsea fans in the City Stand who jumped up when they scored, we didn't have a membership scheme then so couldn't blame that then.

I still think ncfc fans bought them for friends/family/ work mates

8 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Are you sure they were foreign? My wife’s from the Wirral so I’ve been coming up here for 15 years and I still have trouble distinguishing between Scousers and foreigners.

My wife’s from Liverpool and she can’t understand people when she goes back there now.

We had some Everton fans next to us for a home match against Everton (when Wolfy scored). In the River End, game was a sell out and these two were loud and proud about being Everton fans. Stewards told them to move, Evertonians aggressively said No. Police were called, did absolutely nothing. This went on the whole game with the Evertonians aggressively threatening any City fan who said anything to them, and police and stewards stood at the bottom of the stairs, watching and doing absolutely sod all. 87minutes ticked over and they bombed it in opposite directions out of their seats and made a run for the exits. No idea if they got caught or not, but it was the most spineless and pathetic display of policing and stewarding I have ever seen.

9 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

I don't know where exactly the away supporters were, but someone I follow on Instagram had this posted. Comps! for what looks like the away end based on the pics. Otherwise Norwich fans in the home section.

810371590_Norwich(2).thumb.png.3ea45f93a76f35e583a4a2a5fa897759.png1999761549_Norwich(1).thumb.png.1dc9f863bc318a36da3a4da42f176dd6.png

Yeah that’s defo where we were.

12 hours ago, Peanuts said:

I wonder if these memberships have been purchased not by Liverpool fans themselves but by professional resellers who will then try to purchase away tickets for all the big games to sell at a profit. I don't know if the club has measures in place to prevent this (previous purchase history etc) but given how much tickets at the big clubs go for on the secondary market I can see it being worthwhile for touts to try to get hold of tickets this way.

This. A PL ticket can cost way over £100 from a professional reseller or tout as they used to be known as and £50 for a membership plus £30 for a ticket means they will still get a tidy profit from their dealing over the course of a season.

Edited by lake district canary

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This. A PL ticket can cost way over £100 from a professional reseller or tout as they used to be known as and £50 for a membership plus £30 for a ticket means they will still get a tidy profit from their dealing over the course of a season.

And fans like LDC miss out it really is very very poor. Really makes me angry