Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Membership Scheme Last Night.

So we have 4 Liverpool fans abuse and assault Anita Byrne last night which resulted in their ejection and the streaker who it is reported in the press was a Liverpool fan made his entrance onto the field of play from the Norwich section behind the goal.

That must surely be five £50 memberships wasted once Norwich City take action but makes you wonder how they got their match tickets under the new scheme which was introduced to make it all fairer for everybody unless of course it was just a money making scheme in the first place ? 😜

Edited by TIL 1010

Your last point is the only conclusion!  It has to be changed for next season and if it isn't the club stands accused of not caring at all for the supporters!

Yep. Club royally ****ed this one up. Policy makes zero sense and has made it absolutely unfair, compared to a relatively fair policy that was in place before. Bizarre. Kensell isn't out of the woods on this one yet - plenty more complaints etc to come this season I suspect.

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Wasnt the named assaulted fan ironically one of the magnificent 7 which were consulted??

Yes she was but in fairness the 7 were presented with this new scheme and i understand many of their concerns were dismissed out of hand but of course it gave the club the perfect get out to say......after consultation with fans.

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes she was but in fairness the 7 were presented with this new scheme and i understand many of their concerns were dismissed out of hand but of course it gave the club the perfect get out to say......after consultation with fans.

How was the consultation undertaken?

Personally as an “exile”, I don’t see the new scheme as that unfair. I didn’t stand a chance of getting tickets for at least a third of last season because of the favourable treatment of home season ticket holders. I’d also think away season tickets holders from last season are happy because they know they’re first in the queue, but don’t have to shell out for matches they can’t, or don’t want, to go to. I agree it perhaps could do with a little tweaking to make it reward loyalty better, but it was far too biased towards those with season tickets.

However, there was a guy in front of me last night with three young boys. Am I right to say that for the four of them it would have cost £320 to get to Anfield, (four tickets plus four away priority memberships), and that’s before any extra costs like travel, food and so on? I know the average cost will go down the more matches they attend, but that’s a huge amount of money to have to find for most people. 

I don’t get Angry very often but the sheer amount of Liverpool fans in our end last night was a bl00dy disgrace 

plenty genuine fans wanted to go and didn’t get tickets 

something has to be done urgently before the West Ham tickets go on sale ie Monday

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Personally as an “exile”, I don’t see the new scheme as that unfair. I didn’t stand a chance of getting tickets for at least a third of last season because of the favourable treatment of home season ticket holders. I’d also think away season tickets holders from last season are happy because they know they’re first in the queue, but don’t have to shell out for matches they can’t, or don’t want, to go to. I agree it perhaps could do with a little tweaking to make it reward loyalty better, but it was far too biased towards those with season tickets.

However, there was a guy in front of me last night with three young boys. Am I right to say that for the four of them it would have cost £320 to get to Anfield, (four tickets plus four away priority memberships), and that’s before any extra costs like travel, food and so on? I know the average cost will go down the more matches they attend, but that’s a huge amount of money to have to find for most people. 

The age of Austerity😀

43 minutes ago, Van wink said:

How was the consultation undertaken?

The 7 were contacted by the club and invited to attend a meeting before the scheme was launched. How those individuals were selected and under what criteria i have no idea.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

The 7 were contacted by the club and invited to attend a meeting before the scheme was launched. How those individuals were selected and under what criteria i have no idea.

I was interested in whether they were invited to make comments and "add value" to the process, for want of a better cliche.

My impression from what I've read is that this was more of a cosmetic exercise.

34 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I don’t get Angry very often but the sheer amount of Liverpool fans in our end last night was a bl00dy disgrace 

Without being labelled a racist the number of fans speaking a foreign language in the refreshment area before the game surprised me but Liverpool is one of those clubs that attract ' tourist ' fans but how they had obtained tickets for the Norwich area is another matter.

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

My impression from what I've read is that this was more of a cosmetic exercise.

That judgement matches mine winky.

42 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

something has to be done urgently before the West Ham tickets go on sale ie Monday

Not sure if the issue of home fans in the away end will be such an issue at west ham....the appeared 100s of empty seats at the london stadiun today even at 0-0

56 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Also an exile and only game I couldnt get tickets for was Brentford. I am in the "750 club" as I went to more than 10 away games. The problem I have, is that I lived in a different region to my old man who I usually go to games with last year - we got to 5 or 6 together but I have a friend who lives in Manc so I did the NW games on my own and made a weekend of it staying up there with him, and worked within 80 miles of Hull so I stayed late at work (and drove through some abysmal conditions) for that abysmal 0-0 on my own too... I've now moved into the same area as my dad, but now I'm in a situation where I can definitely go to all the games I want to, but my choice is take my ticket and end up sat on my own - somewhere totally different to my dad if he gets a ticket, or chance it and hope we both get tickets together in the lottery along with people who have never bothered to go to a game. With the points system - it was much easier to make a judgment on when to get a ticket as you could gauge roughly when it would sell out, and also the points rolled over from the previous season, so you had a years worth of credit for your loyalty.

I agree it was skewed towards season ticke holders but the only tweak that needed to happen to make it fair was to drop ST holders to same points as members - 500. That way it's a fair shot for all, but those who put the most miles in following the club get first shout on away tickets.

Edited by kick it off

Was the aim of the scheme ever made public?

If the aim was to raise revenue and to increase the spread of ticket availability then i think the club has probably succeeded in its aim, albeit at the expense of the fans that have historically gone to most games (home or away)

If the aim was to reward loyalty and make sure that the fans who stick with it through thick and thin then I dont think it has succeeded, albeit it has quite probably been a real bonus for the fan that can't or won't get to many games but values highly the odd match here and there.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

As I understand it the away season ticket scheme has now been retained for those who had one last season.They still have to buy almost every match ticket but I appreciate that in most cases they will go to them all anyway

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

14 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

Was the aim of the scheme ever made public?

An excellent point. The first step of any change should be a clear definition of what it is trying to achieve <whispers - Brexit???>

16 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Surely fans who went to all games last season are assured of a ticket under this scheme?

But those who went to 8 away games and couldn’t get a ticket for the Liverpool game Despite paying £50 now find the club are happy to accept membership applications with no checks ie Liverpool supporters. 

If this was a good and fair scheme why do we appear to be one of the few clubs adopting it ? This has caused a lot of ill feeling and I will now be emailing the club again to see if they think it was their aim to help opposition supporters get tickets and would they rather have had the away end full of away supporters ?

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

But those who went to 8 away games and couldn’t get a ticket for the Liverpool game Despite paying £50 now find the club are happy to accept membership applications with no checks ie Liverpool supporters. 

If this was a good and fair scheme why do we appear to be one of the few clubs adopting it ? This has caused a lot of ill feeling and I will now be emailing the club again to see if they think it was their aim to help opposition supporters get tickets and would they rather have had the away end full of away supporters ?

I'm not defending the scheme. Just saying that those who went to all games got priority because it was suggested they didn't.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

A small consolation is that it would mean our club has had a donation of £50 from every Liverpool supporter who bought membership - and they won’t be in future queues for any other away games this season.

More than seven invites were actually sent (exact numbers unknown) but only seven attended.

In my view, the selection process isn’t overly important, especially in the context that the revised scheme had already been approved by the Board. The only amendment subsequently arising from the process was the introduction of the priority window for away season ticket holders and 10+ away game attendees from last season.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

A small consolation is that it would mean our club has had a donation of £50 from every Liverpool supporter who bought membership - and they won’t be in future queues for any other away games this season.

Trouble is we will have West Ham , spurs etc on there as well. Really disappointing that genuine fans didn’t get to the game

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Were the Liverpool fans annoyed at the sheer amount of your personas in there too 😉

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Without being labelled a racist the number of fans speaking a foreign language in the refreshment area before the game surprised me but Liverpool is one of those clubs that attract ' tourist ' fans but how they had obtained tickets for the Norwich area is another matter.

Are you sure they were foreign? My wife’s from the Wirral so I’ve been coming up here for 15 years and I still have trouble distinguishing between Scousers and foreigners.

22 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

So we have 4 Liverpool fans abuse and assault Anita Byrne last night which resulted in their ejection and the streaker who it is reported in the press was a Liverpool fan made his entrance onto the field of play from the Norwich section behind the goal.

That must surely be five £50 memberships wasted once Norwich City take action but makes you wonder how they got their match tickets under the new scheme which was introduced to make it all fairer for everybody unless of course it was just a money making scheme in the first place ? 😜

Does this mean that a lot of the Away memberships were sold to Liverpool fans, who have no interest in buying tickets for the rest of our away games? In which case, 2 positives:

Some will have been unable to get a ticket, meaning £50 profit for NCFC, and more chance of NCFC fans getting tickets for the remaining away games.

26 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If that's the case it's beyond me why we'd sell memberships to someone with no purchase history.

This is the point surely we should have checked how long have they had a Customer number and their purchase history.

cleary this didn’t happen 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If that's the case it's beyond me why we'd sell memberships to someone with no purchase history.

I can think of one reason...