Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Well we put up a better show than West Ham

.....and we're not bottom anymore!

Thats a top 10 side being ripped apart by Man City...that might deflect a bit of attention away from us.

....the prospect of facing man city in a few weeks is truely terrifying however....I know what Farke said about not changing our approach but for them...I think we've got to?

Are we capable of scoring against anyone? I believe so. Are we going to change our approach to any game this season. I believe we will remain the same attacking mentality and belief. 

So how many teams have you watched in the PL over the last 10 years who have had this attacking belief and mentality. Very few. 

Do Liverpool and Man C have a game plan when the opposition attacks them relentlessly? The second half last night just shows me that we have an approach were others will have to change tactics.   

If we played Man U last night, we would have won, the top 2 are out of this world, we are in my view in the chasing bunch on club strategy alone, the performance are what we get to enjoy and watch this come to fruition! 

• Like 1

They were naive and stupid to play that way against Man City, Clearly relegation material as they haven’t strengthened enough in the window 

• Like 1

Norfolk Dan. You are spot on. We have to take points off the sixteen or so "also rans" in the Premier. We will achieve this by playing our normal attacking game and scoring goals. We created chances last night, but particularly in the first half, nerves showed. At half time I did think how do we contain Liverpool, but we simply do not have that style and strategy. So guts, determination and attacking ability lessened the damage. Don't think West Ham will exactly trouble anyone.

Brilliant really, says a lot about just how good a show we put up against Liverpool! I think we’ll definitely be competitive this season, it’ll not be easy but we’ll definitely turn over a few teams, especially at home.

If you try a stop Man City and invite them onto you it’ll be like a training match for them, they will score 4 or 5, play our natural game, we might still concede 4 or 5 but might get a goal or two......Liverpool & Man City are the best two teams by a country mile in this league.

Edited by Indy

Am I right in recalling that Karen Brady was telling us how to run our Club a few months back.

Maybe she should get her own sorted out first with some of her Motivational Speaking

Untitled.png

Edited by Making Plans
  • Haha 2

Apparently the pundits thought we were  "naive" for conceding 4 against an excellent Liverpool side and European champions away at Anfield - West Ham get smashed 5-0 at home to an excellent Man City side and no mention of "naive" and lets not forget that Barcelona lost 4-0 at Anfield..........double standards or what..........

• Like 2

I’m not too concerned. Last night was a big learning curve for the lads, but they will learn from it and grow into the league just as we did in the second half. 

Had we not conceded so early on I also think things would have been different. We essentially gifted them the first, third and fourth goals, whilst Salah’s was an unfortunate deflection you can’t really pin too much blame on. Remove those defensive fragilities and suddenly we would be a comfortable premier league side. Statistically we gave Liverpool a much closer run than many other sides have, but sadly conceded some very sloppy goals.

We don’t need to change our approach, just need to defend better and get Klose and Zimmerman back!

5 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Apparently the pundits thought we were  "naive" for conceding 4 against an excellent Liverpool side and European champions away at Anfield - West Ham get smashed 5-0 at home to an excellent Man City side and no mention of "naive" and lets not forget that Barcelona lost 4-0 at Anfield..........double standards or what..........

Yep, we are going to get those condescending kind of comments from pundits of all sorts - just wait for Shearer to start up tonight - it is just lazy journalism and easy off the tongue to say we were naive. Time will tell, but if we perform at our best each week, they will soon have to recignise we are doing something quite special in the way we are going about things.

Edited by lake district canary

Can we stop with the victim complex? It’s been one game.

There were many good things that came out of last night and there was plenty of praise for us, especially in the second half.

That doesn’t change the fact there were some naive choices from players in the first half that repeatedly put us under unnecessary pressure.

Let’s not forget Arsenal, whom finished in the top 6 last season, were beaten 5-1 by Liverpool. And footballing giants Barcelona got nobbed 4-0 too.

Both worse results than ours. 

We’ll have a great season, and I can’t wait for us to get stuck into Newcastle at FCR next weekend 👍

• Like 1

To be fair, we were extremely naive at times in the first half. West Ham weren't naive, they were just utterly outclassed despite trying to be solid and defend fairly deep. And let's not forget they were at home, whilst we were away at a ground no team have won at in a couple of years.

Make of that what you will, but I would certainly take more positives from our second half than West Ham's.

• Like 1

I saw enough in our game against Liverpool to suggest we have a good chance of staying up; as did the Liverpool manager. I listened to two supporters of West Ham and Crystal Palace yesterday saying the three promoted clubs will be an easy 6pts. Those two teams may well find they will struggle this season, especially West Ham who conceded 5 at home to Man City. I love it when people write us off.

3 minutes ago, hampton canary said:

I saw enough in our game against Liverpool to suggest we have a good chance of staying up; as did the Liverpool manager. I listened to two supporters of West Ham and Crystal Palace yesterday saying the three promoted clubs will be an easy 6pts. Those two teams may well find they will struggle this season, especially West Ham who conceded 5 at home to Man City. I love it when people write us off.

You can add Bournemouth to that list. They are looking bang average against Sheffield United and that's not due to anything Sheffield United are doing. It could be a championship game.

We're 17th ... as I type ... on goal scored. David Phillips commentating on Sheff U game. He seems to have picked up a slight hint of  Norfolk in his accent from playing for us.  At first, without knowing who it was, or hearing mention of his connection with us, I thought he sounded like Chris Sutton.