Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Aguero penalty

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Goalie was in exactly the same position for the second , why was the first one re taken and the second one not ?

Because he scored.

because the goal was scored. On a different note West Ham are 5-0 down at home and have not troubled City yet I’ve heard no patronising comments of naivety or pity from the commentators...

I also think Var worked brilliantly in that match 

Edited by JF

because the goal was scored. On a different note West Ham are 5-0 down at home and have not troubled City yet I’ve heard no patronising comments of naivety or pity from the commentators...

Moan about West Ham and the owners send the heavies around.

And to be fair, I didn't think we got pity last night. In fact the opposite. Plenty of praise.

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Moan about West Ham and the owners send the heavies around.

And to be fair, I didn't think we got pity last night. In fact the opposite. Plenty of praise.

No there was plenty of pity in the commentary. Jamie Carracher even said he was pleased we managed to score and as much as I like Neville and thought he spoke very well of us last night he was saying at half time he felt sorry for us. I’m not having a dig as such but we’ve put on a far better performance than West Ham have managed there

2 hours ago, JF said:

No there was plenty of pity in the commentary. Jamie Carracher even said he was pleased we managed to score and as much as I like Neville and thought he spoke very well of us last night he was saying at half time he felt sorry for us. I’m not having a dig as such but we’ve put on a far better performance than West Ham have managed there

Dont agree  JF, Gary Neville  said he felt sorry for us because  we were playing well but gifted them the first goal, that's not pity its empathy,  there's  a  difference.  Carragher was pleased we scored  because  we deserved a goal  .

Klopp was very complimentary  post match,, describing us as having many talented and cheeky players,  with a brave system of play. 

In summary  it was little liverpool  v big liverpool  , we played well but they were  better.  I can live with that 

Thought Neville was spot on, said we need to keep playing the way we are as we were causing problems and playing fairly well. Said he felt sorry for us because the goals we conceded were unlucky mixed in with poor defending. Pretty much, cut out the defensive mistakes and we'll be okay. Unless we played out of our skins Liverpool were always going to beat us, but we know we've got the quality in this squad which was clear in the second half, just need to defend better

20 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Goalie was in exactly the same position for the second , why was the first one re taken and the second one not ?

It was to do with encroachment by the defenders. After the first one was saved, a defender that had encroached before the ball was kicked then touched the ball, meaning he affected play from an illegal action.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It was to do with encroachment by the defenders. After the first one was saved, a defender that had encroached before the ball was kicked then touched the ball, meaning he affected play from an illegal action.

Yep - I think it was the commentator on MOTD last night who also said that, had the keeper pushed it out directly for a corner, the penalty wouldn’t have been retaken. The rebound went straight to the player who was encroaching though who then hoofed it away.