Sign in to follow this  
Brown Canary

Away Fans

With all the problems of it seems getting tickets on the new membership scheme, I think we should have had a review of where the away fans are seated . 

When I got through for tickets a couple of weeks ago for the Newcastle and Chelsea games we only had wensum corner or other restricted view tickets left . 

My point of view is why do we put the away fans in the South Stand ? 

We should in my opinion put the away fans in the lower river end , end couple of blocks block and into the corner or the south stand corner top and bottom.. 

We could then fill the south stand to capacity and no doubt have better options on the available seats for our home games which would be better than choosing the worst places left available to sit in .  

Carrow Road has possibly one of the best unrestricted views of the pitch for away supporters, including better than average away support refreshment and toilet facilities than the majority of professional football stadiums in England......Unfortunately, a small percentage of our home fans at Carrow Road have to tolerate lower standard and restricted views and toilet facilities, than those views and facilities that are afforded to the away support......Very fortunate for the away fans that attend Carrow Road......Although it's unfortunate for some home fans that attend Carrow Road......Therefore unless the club addresses it, it will sadly remain the norm......

To suggest that visiting supporters are housed in the end where the club shop and ticket office are located is a bit daft in my opinion. Take also into consideration the route from the railway station and coach and car parking on Lower Clarence Road for visitors the far end of the ground makes it a logistical headache for Police and stewards unless of course you are suggesting giving them access via the Riverside bars and restaurants to the River End ?

Edited by TIL 1010

I realise this is a bit futile but my point is that the away fans are treated too well at CR in my opinion.. 

When trying to get tickets for home games we are left with the dregs of the tickets nobody wants & it was my opinion that we should have a re-think about where we put the away fans and in my opinion we should put them in one of the corner areas .On reflection the upper corner - lower of the South Stand and River End would be better then if the away didn’t take their full allocation we could put them in the lower portion and free the upper for extra seats for the home fans .

The South Stand would then be full to capacity of home fans ...

Too late for this season but imo it should be on a future agenda.. 

On 10/08/2019 at 13:38, SwindonCanary said:

We had a good view yesterday plus all the goals were down our end 👍😁

I didn’t. I was three rows from the back and had to duck down every time there was anything going on in the far penalty box to see past a metal box hanging from the roof. I suppose Liverpool would argue that it wasn’t a restricted view as we were all standing up.

Edited by Nuff Said