Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Last night’s “The Sports Bar” on Tall Sport

Jason Cundy (is Cundy a mis-spelling? 😂) wound up a lot of Liverpool fans by saying that a lowly team like Norwich got round the back of them too easily. Loads of Liverpool fans rang in basically saying it’s because they took their foot off the gas in the second half. 

I’ve yet to watch the game back, but from being there, if we had defended better and taken our 1st half chances the score could have been 2-2 at half time easily. So forget the 2nd half!

What really annoyed me during the radio show was no-one mentioned this. It was the usual point that we often get when we play well that it was the other team that under performed. 

NO, LIVERPOOL WERE TORN APART AT TIMES BY OUR ATTACKING BRILLIANCE!

Cundy as an ex-Binner will never admit that

I thought Gary Neville nailed it ....he was concerned for us but was won over, with some qualifications as to how we learn defensively. He seemed to read the whole game quite well, especially our fullbacks. 

Klopp didn't seem to think they took their foot off the gas. He thought Liverpool played well for the first hour. And yet we still had more shots on target. So it isn't us with the small club mentality, it is the rest labelling us that way.