Sign in to follow this  
glory.win or die.

Positivity

Strangely I'm feeling quite positive and proud tonight.

Our defence was poor first half,  almost rabbit caught in the headlights but 2nd half more aggressive more mobile and more switched on and overall i think we played the better football. Liverpool scored due to our own errors not clever incisive play.

With klose/Zimmerman, and Amadou instead of MacLean i think we wouldnt have lost tonight.

Glad to get this game out of the way, can enjoy the weekend now and wait for Newcastle which is when we really do need to start our season.

• Like 2

Yes apart from unlucky errors we played quite well. We know Liverpool would be swarming all over us but nothing special about the Liverpool goals - they only created one good one.

We all know about Leitner and what he brings to the table. Second half with he came on, we settled and looked like we played to the level we are capable of.  The score could have been much closer.

Thrilled with the 2nd half performance where everyone played well.

Basically, when we don't only have one fit DM and two fit CBS we'll be fine.... Hanley was poor first half, probably culpable on 2 goals, the others, we were a tad unlucky with deflections and we were flat footed at a corner. Easily preventable, which against one of the best two teams in the world at the moment we can't be too disappointed with...

11 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

Strangely I'm feeling quite positive and proud tonight.

Our defence was poor first half,  almost rabbit caught in the headlights but 2nd half more aggressive more mobile and more switched on and overall i think we played the better football. Liverpool scored due to our own errors not clever incisive play.

With klose/Zimmerman, and Amadou instead of MacLean i think we wouldnt have lost tonight.

Glad to get this game out of the way, can enjoy the weekend now and wait for Newcastle which is when we really do need to start our season.

We all have so much to be positive to be about. 

That opening fixture is as tough as you're going to get, CL winners playing at home for the first time since they won it so that adds a buzz, they lost 1 game at home last season and "bigger/better" teams will lose there by as many any probably more. 

If you look at the goals, the first is a gift, if that doesn't go in and deflate the boys a little who knows how much longer we'd hold out for, the second is 2 deflections and landed perfectly at Firmino's feet to set up Salah, the 3rd was the wrong player picking up VVD and the 4th was a great run, Sky did an analysis about how different Aarons and Lewis played in the second half by getting tighter and spotting runs. 

This game will have done us no harm, the second half performance shows we belong there and to have as many chances in the first half that we did shows we will open teams up.