the pitchforks were waving, the moonshine was flowing and their PL record 9-0 defeat was about to be beaten

......................only it didn't happen 😊

their grubby little club still holds that record for the heaviest defeat

and that naughty Mr Pukki proved that he can score in the PL

so up yours, L1pswich

After watching that game, just what would they would give to play like we have done against one of the 4 best teams in the world at this time?

• Like 1

The gloating on TWTD about us losing to one of the top sides in the Prem is really quite pathetic.

I guess it shows how dismal things are in darkest Suffolk when they are more concerned with what their nearest neighbours are doing than the plight of their own rabble. 

But you're forgetting the brilliant win against 10 man Burton! 

• Haha 1

As they seem to have convinced themselves that a relegation from the Championship is better than a promotion to the Premier League, that they are going to romp League One first time out, that James Norwood has gone through a metamorphosis from being their very own Grant Holt into a player of Lionel Messi proportions and that the beatification of Paul Lambert is long overdue, I do feel that they are setting themselves up for a fall much more than we ever have.

Should we fail we will still be wallowing in the money, infrastructure and players sufficient enough to mount yet another challenge. Should they succeed they will be destined to Championship mediocrity at the very best.

12 hours ago, Berkshire Canary said:

The gloating on TWTD about us losing to one of the top sides in the Prem is really quite pathetic.

I guess it shows how dismal things are in darkest Suffolk when they are more concerned with what their nearest neighbours are doing than the plight of their own rabble. 

The real point is that they have been stuck with this record of the heaviest loss in the PL - and so any chance of it being beaten has them squealing in delight,

So you can imagine the scenes in the Land of the Rising Debt when we were 4-0 down so early in the game.. At that point what odds were on us being the only goalscorers in the remainder of the game ?

So tough titty my dimwitted farm hands. We will stay up and you will stay down.

Enjoy our defeats this season because there will be little to cheer at poorman road this season ............. bar the abundance of spare seats to sit on 😊

Forget Ipswich,  I had a look at the shef Utd forum and their level of delusion is something else. They apparently would have fared far better than us, because quote “they are a different animal” and have strengthened all over the pitch. whereas our “championship quality” players will definitely be relegated, theirs will be more than capable...

9 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/463658/to-be-fair-to-the-budgies/#10

They seem to be taking quite a realistic approach to me. Or is this thread just some of you being naughty? 🙄

nope, some fair comments - if only that they had underestimated how good we are

and to be honest there we spells that surprised me as well

as said, we'll be ok because lets be honest this is about as good as we will have to face, and once we had 'settled' despite being 4 down we were not over run

and 6 points out of six games at the start of last season, 1-7 hammering as a start in another title winning season

so hats of to the binners, fans who I have always thought to be quite bright

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JF said:

Forget Ipswich,  I had a look at the shef Utd forum and their level of delusion is something else. They apparently would have fared far better than us, because quote “they are a different animal” and have strengthened all over the pitch. whereas our “championship quality” players will definitely be relegated, theirs will be more than capable...

They may fare better than us because they can defend. We have better players in most areas of the pitch but we are not capable of grinding out a one nil or nil nil.

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

They may fare better than us because they can defend. We have better players in most areas of the pitch but we are not capable of grinding out a one nil or nil nil.

I can’t see it, I’m pretty confident that Liverpool will put at least 4 past them at Anfield , they seem to manage that against most teams, they put 5 past Arsenal there last season. 

On 10/08/2019 at 12:23, JF said:

What a weird little club. Such an inflated self image, whereas the wider football community probably just views them as the 'the other Sheffield club' (maybe that's their problem). I'm sure there must be someone, but I honestly struggle to recall anyone top class there since Tony Currie.

On 10/08/2019 at 10:37, sonyc said:

But you're forgetting the brilliant win against 10 man Burton! 

After a 1-1 draw with the mighty Sunderland, some joker has compared Flynn Downes with Paul Scholes...... no really. 

• Haha 1